Is a mini ICE AGE on the way? Scientists warn the sun will 'go to sleep' in 2030 and could cause tem

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
Throw on another layer of CO2.

The Earth could be headed for a 'mini ice age' researchers have warned.

A new study claims to have cracked predicting solar cycles - and says that between 2020 and 2030 solar cycles will cancel each other out.

This, they say, will lead to a phenomenon known as the 'Maunder minimum' - which has previously been known as a mini ice age when it hit between 1646 and 1715, even causing London's River Thames to freeze over.

Read more: Is a mini ICE AGE on the way Scientists warn the sun will go to sleep in 2020 Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

A new study claims to have cracked predicting solar cycles - and says that between 2020 and 2030 solar cycles will cancel each other out.

This, they say, will lead to a phenomenon known as the 'Maunder minimum' - which has previously been known as a mini ice age when it hit between 1646 and 1715, even causing London's River Thames to freeze over.

Read more: Is a mini ICE AGE on the way Scientists warn the sun will go to sleep in 2020 Daily Mail Online
WTF???? Come on make up your minds! I've already bought a jon boat in case global warming floods part of the US. I was thinking of paddling up to the Rockies.

Independent scientists have been saying this for some time but they have been silenced by the university grant, government paid, scientists who tend to sway toward the hand that feeds them. We are in the last stages of a solar flare period and are now looking at less heat.
And like it or not global warming people. The sun determines the temp. of the earth, not hairspray, not carbon foot prints, and not constantly erupting volcanoes. Polar bears numbers are up, not down, and ice continues to build up at the poles. Florida is still there. We're gonna make it. ;)

Last edited:
Obama just promised a shitload of our paychecks to the Global Warming Committee over seas. And is giving away our resources for pennies on the dollar to countries that have every intention of "warming" their air with our natural resources. While our utilities skyrocket and we spend billions cleaning China's air before we send it over to Europe. What a scam.

Oh and BTW, While California plows their fruit trees and nut trees under because of drought, France is gulping our fresh water for pennies on the dollar, and selling it for much much more to other countries.

Oh my...

Well that's gotta be kinda hard on the hysteria of Global Warming... but it does explain the desperate attempt to convert Global Warming into Climate Change... (even during Global Warming Season).

Oh my...

Well that's gotta be kinda hard on the hysteria of Global Warming... but it does explain the desperate attempt to convert Global Warming into Climate Change... (even during Global Warming Season).
Changing the vocabulary is their way to cause confusion. Really it is in their strategy. Remember Clinton? Taxes were called "contributions" in his book.

WTF???? Come on make up your minds! I've already bought a jon boat in case global warming floods part of the US. I was thinking of paddling up to the Rockies.
What is a jon boat?
A little, flat bottom boat usually with no outboard motor on it. You can see them hauled on top of cars and such also on small boat trailers.

Well, that is a hypothesis. Even now, we have seen a slight decline in the TSI. However, in the same period, we have seen the ten warmest years on record. There are two things that affect the long term heating of the Earth's surface. The heat we get from the sun, and how much of that heat we retain. The GHGs in the atmosphere and the overall albedo determine how much heat we retain. The albedo is presently declining due to the melting of the ice, and the GHGs are increasing. So, if the TSI declines, will it decline enough to make up for the increased retention of energy within the atmosphere and oceans?

Well, that is a hypothesis. Even now, we have seen a slight decline in the TSI. However, in the same period, we have seen the ten warmest years on record. There are two things that affect the long term heating of the Earth's surface. The heat we get from the sun, and how much of that heat we retain. The GHGs in the atmosphere and the overall albedo determine how much heat we retain. The albedo is presently declining due to the melting of the ice, and the GHGs are increasing. So, if the TSI declines, will it decline enough to make up for the increased retention of energy within the atmosphere and oceans?

The ten warmest years on record is total crap right alongside 97% consensus

"the Sun has no effect whatsoever on Earth climate, it's all CO2" -- AGWCult
Mr. CrusaderFrank, my post is right above yours. Yet you lie about what I said in it. Truly you are a bald faced liar. There are two things that determine the surface temperature of the Earth. The energy the Earth gets from the sun, and how much of that energy it retains.

"the Sun has no effect whatsoever on Earth climate, it's all CO2" -- AGWCult
Mr. CrusaderFrank, my post is right above yours. Yet you lie about what I said in it. Truly you are a bald faced liar. There are two things that determine the surface temperature of the Earth. The energy the Earth gets from the sun, and how much of that energy it retains.

That's EXACTLY why I said it.

AGWCult are the biggest frauds on the planet

Independent scientists have been saying this for some time but they have been silenced by the university grant, government paid, scientists who tend to sway toward the hand that feeds them. We are in the last stages of a solar flare period and are now looking at less heat.
And like it or not global warming people. The sun determines the temp. of the earth, not hairspray, not carbon foot prints, and not constantly erupting volcanoes. Polar bears numbers are up, not down, and ice continues to build up at the poles. Florida is still there. We're gonna make it. ;)

Geez! Next they'll tell us that we should shoot our colicky babies with tranquilizer darts. Science! Phooey!

Forum List

Back