Irony.....Kiss sells song catalog for more than $300M to company co-founded by ABBA member

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

Legendary rockers Kiss sold their catalog, brand name and IP to Swedish company Pophouse Entertainment Group in a deal estimated to be over $300 million, it was announced Thursday.

This isn’t the first time the band has partnered with Pophouse, which was co-founded by ABBA’s Björn Ulvaeus.

Seems like a good deal for Ulvaeus.....Bowie sold his for 900 million around 20 years ago.

I guess they said, fuck it, it's time to stop playing dress up and get paid.....It ain't a crime to be good to yourself. ;)

OIP.NoGxAXV-RSR0yqYl_ZPnOAHaE8

Last edited:
Surprised they're all still alive. KISS is great compared to today's music.

Legendary rockers Kiss sold their catalog, brand name and IP to Swedish company Pophouse Entertainment Group in a deal estimated to be over $300 million, it was announced Thursday.

This isn’t the first time the band has partnered with Pophouse, which was co-founded by ABBA’s Björn Ulvaeus.

Seems like a good deal for Ulvaeus.....Bowie sold his for 900 million around 20 years ago.

I guess they said, fuck it, it's time to stop playing dress up and get paid.....It ain't a crime to be good to yourself. ;)

OIP.NoGxAXV-RSR0yqYl_ZPnOAHaE8

time to start getting paid?.....they are all millionaires even before this.........

They always struck me as just a decent Garage Band music wise....They did well with it so who am I to judge. ;)
Maybe it was the lead pipe water. :dunno:

This is better than "garage band". The lyrics are like limburger cheese, but OK.

Keep in mind this was in disco days, so this kinda bridges the gap between disco and...KISS.

Holy Falsettos, Barman! :omg:

KISS is so over the top. I'm LMAO!

KISS was a great live band.

Last edited:
Neil Young sold his for over $400 million, and he included conditions, like it can't be used for advertising, and Trump rallies, and so on.

This late in life a lot of these rockers have more money than they know what to do with.

Forum List

Back