Iron Mike Tyson Can Fight In Confined Spaces

Well...that's not what I've read.
I've read the opposite.
And anyone who's been hit by guys in different weight classes will tell you the same thing.
If a young Welterweight tries fighting an older Heavyweight...he may score better and it might be a decent fight....but if the Heavyweight catches him with a haymaker....all that's left is counting to 10.
Do you have a link to anyone saying that? I have been gobbling up combat sports knowledge for a couple decades. I read news about it, I watch videos about it, i listen to podcasts about it and i watch a ton of fights. I have literally watched THOUSANDS of fights and I have never heard anyone claim that you get MORE power with old age.

Do you have a link to anyone saying that? I have been gobbling up combat sports knowledge for a couple decades. I read news about it, I watch videos about it, i listen to podcasts about it and i watch a ton of fights. I have literally watched THOUSANDS of fights and I have never heard anyone claim that you get MORE power with old age.
Well if you want to argue with Physics...Mass x velocity.....knock yourself out.

My guess is you've never had your nose bloodied by someone outweighing you by 80lbs.
But when it comes to professional boxers who spend most of their lives increasing bone density by punching immovable objects..all bets are off for your ability to watch fights.

It’s like tards that walk out in front of cars. Cars hurt when they hit you and Tyson too.

More power with more weight
175lb pro really hurt a 135.

Well if you want to argue with Physics...Mass x velocity.....knock yourself out.

My guess is you've never had your nose bloodied by someone outweighing you by 80lbs.
But when it comes to professional boxers who spend most of their lives increasing bone density by punching immovable objects..all bets are off for your ability to watch fights.

Ive been nice throughout this thing, but if we are going there, lets go. You have no god damn idea about fighting. The things youre saying are stupid and anyone who studies fighting would instantly write you off as an ignorant newb. More power as you get older? Youre fucking crazy. I can many post links to people saying the opposite, but i bet you cant post one link that supports your side of this argument. Im pretty sure youre the only person in the entire world with this weird idea. :cuckoo:

Last edited:
More power with more weight
175lb pro really hurt a 135.
That isnt entirely true. It very often isnt true. Take Tyson for example. He fought at around 220 pounds, which is light for a heavy weight. Tyson was always the smaller guy in every fight. In MAA he would be a light heavy weight (after a 15 pound weight cut), yet he hit harder than anyone in the 1980's and 1990s.

The last thing that an aging former fighter loses is his ability to deliver a punch, as well as his fighting instincts.

Legs, endurance and reflexes typically go first.

George Foreman came back and won another world title by knockout against a man almost half his age when he was 45 years old.

That dumbass should have known better than to provoke Mike that way, especially if Mike clearly warned him to stop prior to going after him.

• Love
Reactions: IM2
That isnt entirely true. It very often isnt true. Take Tyson for example. He fought at around 220 pounds, which is light for a heavy weight. Tyson was always the smaller guy in every fight. In MAA he would be a light heavy weight (after a 15 pound weight cut), yet he hit harder than anyone in the 1980's and 1990s.

Over time, heavyweight fighters have generally evolved to become much larger than they were in earlier decades.

The professional heavyweight division weight limit has remained at anyone over 175 being classified as a heavyweight for many years.

I can recall when 220 or over was considered unusually large.

Guys like Jack Dempsey, Floyd Patterson and Rocky Marciano would be cruiserweights in today's environment because they all fought at less than 200.

The most recent highly publicized heavyweight title match between Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder featured two guys who were 6'9 and 6'7 respectively, and both weighed well over 240 if I'm not mistaken.

I believe that the future of professional boxing will see a new "Super Heavyweight" class added out of neccesity.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Kid was probably being obnoxious, but didn't deserve to be assaulted by Tyson.

Tyson has different rules to play by, he is a professional boxer. His hands are registered as lethal weapons the same way I would have to register a hand gun. Any time he uses his hands outside of the ring it can be considered attempted murder.
Bullshit. That idiot should have left Tyson alone when he asked the guy to chill. This episode is profiles in stupidity. I doubt if Tyson tried to hurt him.

The last thing that an aging former fighter loses is his ability to deliver a punch, as well as his fighting instincts.

Legs, endurance and reflexes typically go first.

George Foreman came back and won another world title by knockout against a man almost half his age when he was 45 years old.

That dumbass should have known better than to provoke Mike that way, especially if Mike clearly warned him to stop prior to going after him.
Exactly. The fool deserved that a-whipping.

Over time, heavyweight fighters have generally evolved to become much larger than they were in earlier decades.

The professional heavyweight division weight limit has remained at anyone over 175 being classified as a heavyweight for many years.

Guys like Jack Dempsey, Floyd Patterson and Rocky Marciano would be cruiserweights in today's environment because they all fought at less than 200.

The most recent highly publicized heavyweight title match between Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder featured two guys who were 6'9 and 6'7 respectively, and both weighed well over 240 if I'm not mistaken.

I believe that the future of professional boxing will see a new "Super Heavyweight" class added out of neccesity.
I agree with your last line. These heavyweights are huge nowadays. Fury, 6'9-Wilder and Joseph 6'7. Tyson was 5'11 220 when he fought. He was short, but he was not small. That's a thick man.

View attachment 634169

Appears some guy got obnoxious with Iron Mike and he punched him out on a flight.

They used to say Mike Tyson could win a fight in a phone booth because of his technique.
Well this was pretty close to that.

Sources close to Tyson told TMZ Sports that the man was "extremely intoxicated" and that Tyson reportedly told him to 'chill' before the incident turned violent.
On Thursday, a Tyson representative said that the passenger threw a water bottle at Tyson while he was in his seat and that's what provoked the boxer.
This is breaking news? Washed up ex-boxer beats up a drunk. Wow. :th_smiley_emoticons_gaehn:

Bullshit. That idiot should have left Tyson alone when he asked the guy to chill. This episode is profiles in stupidity. I doubt if Tyson tried to hurt him.
Bullshit? Which part?

I agreed he was probably being obnoxious. Does every person acting obnoxious deserve to be assaulted?

Bullshit? Which part?

I agreed he was probably being obnoxious. Does every person acting obnoxious deserve to be assaulted?
He threw the bottle at Tyson. He assaulted Tyson.

Not in the modern era. Hell, even Ali was in the 230's, and he was considered small. In the 80's and 90's, Tyson was small for the HW division.

Is it on video?
The video is edited. Its missing sections, including the water bottle, but i believe that was what was reported. There were plenty of witnesses, so it isnt exactly a mystery. Whether or not the reporting of it is true remains to be seen.

The video is edited. Its missing sections, including the water bottle, but i believe that was what was reported. There were plenty of witnesses, so it isnt exactly a mystery. Whether or not the reporting of it is true remains to be seen.
Have any witnesses said the guy threw a bottle?

Forum List

Back