Iranian Womens Soccer Disqualified From Olympics For Headscarves

The international soccer committee FIFA

Has always been chaired by white European men.

They do not reflect the billions of people in South America, Africa, and Asia.

And always seek to stamp Western European values on a worldwide sport.

These rules about women's headgear will change whenever the association elects a non-European to head FIFA

These rules about women's headgear will change whenever the association elects a non-European to head FIFA

yeah, south america is a hotbed of towelheads

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm not a fan of islam
Iran is a shithole country lead by people that want buckets of death
soccer bores me into reading the articles in Playboy

But this is cruel.

most of us have, at some point, strived to be the best. Be part of a great team. Wanted to win it all.

Now some fucking jack asses are taking that away from an entire country, b/c they don't like them for whatever reason.

Odds are they wouldn't have gone far, and they probably knew that. But they don't even get a chance to try.

All the iranians in charge have to do is allow the team to follow the rules, without penalty, outside of Iran, that EVERY OTHER TEAM FOLLOWS.

It is not international Soccer's obligation to cater to any specific culture, it is thier job to enforce the rules equally for all parties.

Why field a soccer team internationally in the first place if you did not intend to follow the rules?

Again, all on them, none on us.

Iranian Women Banned From Olympics Because of Headscarves

In April 2010, FIFA announced that it was planning to ban headscarves and other religious attire during the 2012 Olympics.

They changed the rules to specifically screw them over.

You're assumption is false.

Well the question then becomes has FIFA ever had to deal with a women's team wearing headscarves in olympic play before. I checked back to 2000 and the only team playing you would even consider using headscarves would be the nigerian team. Photos I looked for showed none of them wearing headscarves.

The most likey scenario is that the rule has never been needed, because no one ever tried to field a team that would wear headscarves.

The issue is also about more than headscarves. The iranian team wears a uniform that is full cover. arms, legs, etc, and I am sure that is what they want to wear. This is in violation of the basic kit rules for international soccer.

All the iranians in charge have to do is allow the team to follow the rules, without penalty, outside of Iran, that EVERY OTHER TEAM FOLLOWS.

It is not international Soccer's obligation to cater to any specific culture, it is thier job to enforce the rules equally for all parties.

Why field a soccer team internationally in the first place if you did not intend to follow the rules?

Again, all on them, none on us.

In April 2010, FIFA announced that it was planning to ban headscarves and other religious attire during the 2012 Olympics.

Well the question then becomes has FIFA ever had to deal with a women's team wearing headscarves in olympic play before. I checked back to 2000 and the only team playing you would even consider using headscarves would be the nigerian team. Photos I looked for showed none of them wearing headscarves.

The most likey scenario is that the rule has never been needed, because no one ever tried to field a team that would wear headscarves.

The issue is also about more than headscarves. The iranian team wears a uniform that is full cover. arms, legs, etc, and I am sure that is what they want to wear. This is in violation of the basic kit rules for international soccer.

Nigeria doesn't require their women to cover up last time I checked, are there any other Muslim countries fielding a team that are having issues with the players wearing head scarves?

It's base discrimination.

As much as many of us couldn't care less about a bunch of batshitcrazy allah lovin Iranians.

This uniform code is bullshit

the outfit the Iranian women have to wear will keep them from winning jack in the Summer Games.

Covered head
Long sleeves
Full pants

They won't do well in the heat and with that much extra to carry they will be slowed down and hindered.

Shame thier idiotic faith locks them into this though, it would have been awesome to hear how poorly they would have done.

Nigeria doesn't require their women to cover up last time I checked, are there any other Muslim countries fielding a team that are having issues with the players wearing head scarves?

There was a female sprinter in the last Summer Games that was in full garb.

Not only did she come in last, they cut away from her to avoid the embarassment.:lol:

As much as many of us couldn't care less about a bunch of batshitcrazy allah lovin Iranians.

the outfit the Iranian women have to wear will keep them from winning jack in the Summer Games.

Covered head
Long sleeves
Full pants

They won't do well in the heat and with that much extra to carry they will be slowed down and hindered.

Shame thier idiotic faith locks them into this though, it would have been awesome to hear how poorly they would have done.

How is it discrimination when they are asking them to follow the same kit rules everyone else does?

It would be more discriminitory if they made them wear someting DIFFERENT then anyone else because of who they were. They are enforcing the same rule on EVERYONE.

Not only did she come in last, they cut away from her to avoid the embarassment.:lol:

Most of the islamic countries that enforce a dress code wouldnt want thier women participating in stuff like this anyway. I am actually shocked the asshat misognyists in Iran actually allow this team to exist.

Covered head
Long sleeves
Full pants

How is it discrimination when they are asking them to follow the same kit rules everyone else does?

It would be more discriminitory if they made them wear someting DIFFERENT then anyone else because of who they were. They are enforcing the same rule on EVERYONE.

Did you miss my post were I copied from a link that it's a new rule? And not some old rule from headband days?

Covered head
Long sleeves
Full pants

Did you miss my post were I copied from a link that it's a new rule? And not some old rule from headband days?

its only a new rule because it has never come up before. Also note the statement below:

Mr. DORSEY: FIFA traditionally bans any expression of religious faith on the soccer pitch. It has, however, made certain concessions towards Muslim women who have very strict dress codes. In the case of Iran, there was several years ago a negotiation over what headdress Iranian female players could wear. And they finally, after designing and agreeing on the design of a headdress, agreed on one that didn't -covered all the hair but did not cover the neck and ears.

Iran basically abided by that agreement until last Friday in Amman, when the women players appeared in dress that was far more in line with Islamic codes, and that meant that they were wearing a headdress that covered not only the hair but also the neck and ears, and they were wearing long pants rather than shorts.

link to whole page:

FIFA Disqualifies Iranian Women's Soccer Team : NPR

So basically they worked out a deal to make everyone happy, and the Iranian authorities decided to not play ball.

I apologize for not posting this sooner. It seems FIFA does allow approved headgear, but not a full loose headress.

Most of the islamic countries that enforce a dress code wouldnt want thier women participating in stuff like this anyway. I am actually shocked the asshat misognyists in Iran actually allow this team to exist.

I think it's all for show myself. The last thing they want is for thier women to get a better idea of what freedom is like.

its only a new rule because it has never come up before. Also note the statement below:

Mr. DORSEY: FIFA traditionally bans any expression of religious faith on the soccer pitch. It has, however, made certain concessions towards Muslim women who have very strict dress codes. In the case of Iran, there was several years ago a negotiation over what headdress Iranian female players could wear. And they finally, after designing and agreeing on the design of a headdress, agreed on one that didn't -covered all the hair but did not cover the neck and ears.

Iran basically abided by that agreement until last Friday in Amman, when the women players appeared in dress that was far more in line with Islamic codes, and that meant that they were wearing a headdress that covered not only the hair but also the neck and ears, and they were wearing long pants rather than shorts.

link to whole page:

So basically they worked out a deal to make everyone happy, and the Iranian authorities decided to not play ball.

I apologize for not posting this sooner. It seems FIFA does allow approved headgear, but not a full loose headress.

I'VE BEEN HAD!!

It is bullshit! The fucks in Iran used thier women to score "Hate the West" points.

PAH-FUCKING-THETIC.

I take back everything I said.

Yeah, I'm sure that would be a top priority for the Jews that control virtually all of South America. :doubt:

If the Iranian women had a choice I'm sure they wouldn't want to wear the medieval outfit.

link to whole page:

I'VE BEEN HAD!!

It is bullshit! The fucks in Iran used thier women to score "Hate the West" points.

PAH-FUCKING-THETIC.

Iran will use whatever they can to stick it to the West.

link to whole page:

I'VE BEEN HAD!!

PAH-FUCKING-THETIC.

Thing is, I got this story off "TheRoot". you'd think they would be a touch more acurate with all the facts vs. screwing up and making it look like Iran was the victim.

I'VE BEEN HAD!!

PAH-FUCKING-THETIC.

Thing is, I got this story off "TheRoot". you'd think they would be a touch more acurate with all the facts vs. screwing up and making it look like Iran was the victim.

Its always fun to make Islamic theocracies look like victims.

Forum List

Back