Iran tests missiles!!

Canavar, I see your up to your old ways, your one slippery SOB.

There may well come a time, when the good old US of A tires of all this BS, and just starts kicking ass, and taking names.

I'm sure we WILL remember who are friends are, and I believe Turkey is one of them.

I don't know where your alliance lies, and really, couldn't give a shit.

I just hope you have your medical insurance paid up when it happens.

Clear enough?:crutch:
I don't agree with Canavar on much, but on Iran it appears we have similar opinions. Iran isn't Iraq, and Iranians aren't Iraqis. Iranians are as nationalistic as we are. Even if they HATE their government, all Iranians will turn on us if we go after their government. And these are people that attacked Saddam's conventionally armed forces with pitchforks. They WILL fight to the death.

Not saying we can't whip that ass ..... just saying it won't be a walk in the park.

And I SERIOUSLY doubt Turks are going to side with Persians about much of anything.

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM
I don't agree with Canavar on much, but on Iran it appears we have similar opinions. Iran isn't Iraq, and Iranians aren't Iraqis. Iranians are as nationalistic as we are. Even if they HATE their government, all Iranians will turn on us if we go after their government. And these are people that attacked Saddam's conventionally armed forces with pitchforks. They WILL fight to the death.

Not saying we can't whip that ass ..... just saying it won't be a walk in the park.

And I SERIOUSLY doubt Turks are going to side with Persians about much of anything.

Guess I didn't make myself clear Gunny, my bad.

I'm talking about that whole region, and the fact, that it may well ALL blow up.

When that happens, I see Turkey coming in on OUR side, and for the reasons you stated.

My remark aimed at Canavar, was in bad taste, but in my defense, I can't figure from post to post, if he's trying to stir shit, or just telling it the way he sees it.:smoke:

I think I "get it" a lot better than you. Iran does not possess the capability to cripple the US, nor take out the entire Gulf. Let's give a lesson in US history as it pertains to "bloodying our noses:"

9/11 ... the retaliation sent those fo the Taliban not killed scurrying like rats into the hills.

Peral Harbor: End result: Japs got nuked AFTER we destroyed their military in a conventional manner.

Shall I go on? Or perhaps you can see where this is going? Iran may very well get in a first strike against us. Seems to be that's what it takes to wake some people up around here. But Iran succeeds at nothing by "bloodying our noses" if it ceases to exist in current form.

But your agenda keeps becoming more clear. Iran can wipe out the Gulf States. You live in a Gulf state. You want the US to carry out a preemptive strike. Can't imagine why.;)

First of all there is no need to get snappy. I wasen't pointing out that I know more about the Iranians then you. So if you feel that I thought you were ignorant I apologize. And I never said US should carry out a pre-emptive strike. Plus if the US nukes Iran then it won't affect Iran only but the whole mid-east. And I live in an Arab country but I am not a citizen of that country. I am an Indian for god sake. I can go back to Mumbai whenever I feel like. As you yourself pointed out Iranians are god damn fanatics. If they could attack Saddam's army with their suicide bombers and human waves (that too in the face of Saddam's posion gas) then they sure can throw everything they have got at the States. It might be like throwing a Molotov Cocktail at a Abrams Tank but the Iranians are not Iraqis. They have a better land based army then iraq. They have nuclear subs too. Plus they have efficient missiles compared to Saddam's haywire Scuds and Saad-16's.
And they are going nuclear. I just wanted to point out that Iran is currently the reigning "superpower" of the Gulf (this is excluding Israel). They dont give two shits about America's world class SLBM'S ,ICBM'S and Air Force.
And as I mentioned Iran is in a precarious situation. You never know when an hardcore Islamist like Khomeini might take over and commit a hara kiri of the whole mid east while trying to screw the States!

Akshay

Iran does not have nuclear subs, nor is it the "reigning" power in the Gulf.
In military terms, it is Saudi-Arabia, which has the quality and quantity advantage in all military branch services over Iran.

Guess I didn't make myself clear Gunny, my bad.

I'm talking about that whole region, and the fact, that it may well ALL blow up.

When that happens, I see Turkey coming in on OUR side, and for the reasons you stated.

My remark aimed at Canavar, was in bad taste, but in my defense, I can't figure from post to post, if he's trying to stir shit, or just telling it the way he sees it.:smoke:

Canavar is an ultra-nationalist Turk. I don't think he is being disengenuous, nor trying to stir shit .... just misguided a lot of times.;)

First of all there is no need to get snappy. I wasen't pointing out that I know more about the Iranians then you. So if you feel that I thought you were ignorant I apologize. And I never said US should carry out a pre-emptive strike. Plus if the US nukes Iran then it won't affect Iran only but the whole mid-east. And I live in an Arab country but I am not a citizen of that country. I am an Indian for god sake. I can go back to Mumbai whenever I feel like. As you yourself pointed out Iranians are god damn fanatics. If they could attack Saddam's army with their suicide bombers and human waves (that too in the face of Saddam's posion gas) then they sure can throw everything they have got at the States. It might be like throwing a Molotov Cocktail at a Abrams Tank but the Iranians are not Iraqis. They have a better land based army then iraq. They have nuclear subs too. Plus they have efficient missiles compared to Saddam's haywire Scuds and Saad-16's.
And they are going nuclear. I just wanted to point out that Iran is currently the reigning "superpower" of the Gulf (this is excluding Israel). They dont give two shits about America's world class SLBM'S ,ICBM'S and Air Force.
And as I mentioned Iran is in a precarious situation. You never know when an hardcore Islamist like Khomeini might take over and commit a hara kiri of the whole mid east while trying to screw the States!

Akshay

Iran's military is about as sophisticated as Saddam's was. If I ran does not have nuclear power yet, how pray tell could Iran have nuclear subs? The Iranians have a LARGER land-based Army than Iraq had, not better, and rougher terrain to fight in.

Iran may talk about not caring about the US's firepower, but the fact is if they are not concerned, they're fools.

Forum List

Back