iPhone 12 Pro Max...

Canon Shooter

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2020
Anyone rockin' the iPhone 12 Pro Max?

I've got the iPhone Xr, but I'm thinking I may upgrade. A buddy of mine made the simple recommendation of "GET IT". He said that, as a photographer, I'll love it.

It's $1,099, compared to the iPhone 12 Pro which is $999. The differences between the two; screen size and camera differences, make the Pro Max worth the extra hundred bucks for me.

So, anyone?

Not yet, but I'm going to be upgrading shortly. I've my X Pro for over three years now. Still works great, but there are a few cracks in the screen. I've been wanting to upgrade for the picture quality as well since I travel a lot.

Fools phone.

You couldn't GIVE me one.
Why?

Over priced for perfect morons.
How much do you know about Apple....the company?

And even though it has a "decent" camera.....I have FAR better cameras that outperform it in every metric.

If you like supporting bad companies so you can impress others, you qualify as moron.
(That would include everyone who has or wants one)

I’m waiting until 5G becomes available in my area I have the XS max and I’m happy with it.

There's always one douchebag who immediately proves that he's unable to control his emotions.

BHU, are you on your period? Heavy flow day?

I know I wish I'd have invested in it back in 1980...

And even though it has a "decent" camera.....I have FAR better cameras that outperform it in every metric.

As do I.

Can't say that any of them slip into my inside jacket pocket very easily, though...

If you like supporting bad companies so you can impress others, you qualify as moron.

You're a fuckin idiot.

If I want to impress someone, I'm not going to try to do with with my phone. I have more than enough cars, motorcycles and fine timepieces which can already accomplish that.

What makes Apple a "bad company"?

Fools phone.

Why?

I bought an 11 recently, after losing my 6S. I won’t pay that for a 12, but I do think it’s a good phone.

What phones offer a better camera?

lmao
They got you right where they want you. Stay asleep drones.

Is This the End of the Repairable iPhone?
August 2020

After exhaustive testing, comparing notes with multiple repair technicians, and reviewing leaked Apple training documents, we’ve found that the iPhone 12 camera is entirely unreliable when swapped between iPhones.

This latest fault, along with indications from Apple’s repair guides, makes it more clear than ever: Apple, by design or neglect or both, is making it extremely hard to repair an iPhone without their blessing. This may be a bug that Apple eventually fixes. There is even precedent for iPhone parts misbehaving when swapped between phones.

But it is also possible that Apple is planning on locking out all unauthorized iPhone camera and screen repairs. Apple’s internal training guides tell authorized technicians that, starting with the 12 and its variants, they will need to run Apple’s proprietary, cloud-linked System Configuration app to fully repair cameras and screens.

We are very concerned about this possibility.

Last edited:
Fools phone.

Why?

I bought an 11 recently, after losing my 6S. I won’t pay that for a 12, but I do think it’s a good phone.

What phones offer a better camera?

Thank you for remaining civil. You are not the typical iPhone owner apparently.
Apple is screwing you and all it's customers on so many fronts.

See post above for starters

I shouldn't be surprised that my point sailed effortlessly over your pointy little head...

Go on.....

And congrats for being the ONLY one on the thread making personal insults. Goes well with your iPhone btw ;-)

Also, thinks for showing you couldn't care less about human exploitation.....as long as you have your bragging rights.

I have the new iPhone7, they call it the SE- it records videos and sound better than the older model 7 I had- the pictures are better as well- xfinity is selling it for under 12 bucks a month for 2 years-

I've got the iPhone Xr, but I'm thinking I may upgrade. A buddy of mine made the simple recommendation of "GET IT". He said that, as a photographer, I'll love it.

It's $1,099, compared to the iPhone 12 Pro which is $999. The differences between the two; screen size and camera differences, make the Pro Max worth the extra hundred bucks for me.

So, anyone?
If you can get past the politics of Apple, you will love the phone. My drummer has one and its amazing. I will be buying one at some point.

lmao
They got you right where they want you. Stay asleep drones.

After exhaustive testing, comparing notes with multiple repair technicians, and reviewing leaked Apple training documents, we’ve found that the iPhone 12 camera is entirely unreliable when swapped between iPhones.

This latest fault, along with indications from Apple’s repair guides, makes it more clear than ever: Apple, by design or neglect or both, is making it extremely hard to repair an iPhone without their blessing. This may be a bug that Apple eventually fixes. There is even precedent for iPhone parts misbehaving when swapped between phones.

But it is also possible that Apple is planning on locking out all unauthorized iPhone camera and screen repairs. Apple’s internal training guides tell authorized technicians that, starting with the 12 and its variants, they will need to run Apple’s proprietary, cloud-linked System Configuration app to fully repair cameras and screens.

We are very concerned about this possibility.

I don't have a problem with that.

When my car breaks, it goes back to the Mercedes dealer. When my watch needs service, it goes back to Omega. When my cameras need repair, they go back to Canon.

I do this because manufacturer's techs are the best people to fix the equipment. They're the best trained and they're held to a higher standard. If my iPhone breaks and needs to be repaired, I have no problem with making sure it's Apple that fixes it...

So, anyone?
If you can get past the politics of Apple, you will love the phone. My drummer has one and its amazing. I will be buying one at some point.

Yeah, I like the iPhone platform, and if I choose not to purchase one it's not like that decision is going to bring Apple to its knees.

I tend not to pay much attention to self-righteous whiners...

The Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra beats the iPhone anyway...and is not made in Communist China !

Why would anyone want to pay more for an inferior product produced by slave labor ???
Face it...buying an iPhone means you advocate for brutality and human exploitation.
Does it surprise anyone that certain people couldn't care less?

I have a Nikon P1000. Try to get the photos I can with your silly iPhone.
Heck, it even has a communications port so I can make calls with it in 3G, 4G or 5G

When I need to make a call though I usually use my normal cell phone.

Last edited:
The Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra beats the iPhone anyway...and is not made in Communist China !

Why would anyone want to pay more for an inferior product produced by slave labor ???

Face it...buying an iPhone means you advocate for brutality and human exploitation.

Oh, okay.

I'm totally cool with that...

I have a Nikon P1000.

Well, it's easy to see that you're certainly not out to impress anyone.

The P1000 is a toy.

I used a Canon 1DX MKII and just put a Canon 5D MKIV on order...

Try to get the photos I can with your silly iPhone.

Try to get the photos I get with my Canons with your toy Nikon...

Heck, it even has a communications port so I can make calls with it in 3G, 4G or 5G

That's how you can tell it's a toy: gimmicks. Soccer Moms use shit like that...

Forum List

Back