Iowa Sen Joni Ernst praises both Trump and Liz Cheney, says GOP should unite to win elections

With “what’s going on in the House," she added, "they need to evaluate: Is this helping or hurting our party?”

Fuck the party. Is it helping or hurting the country?

Ah, the try and play both sides of the fence angle. Which is a bit cowardly of her because she's safe for another 6 years (having just won last November) when she rightfully should have been sent packing.
Only guess is that she may hold Presidential aspirations. I don't see her having much in the way of appeal but we all know DeSantis is going to throw his hat into the ring. Why not since the main force
of nature all Republicans will be trying tack against..is Trump. :)

From OP link:

She followed with a piece of advice for her party: “At the end of the day we need to all pull together as Republicans and make sure that we’re securing seats.”

When push comes to shove that’s what it boils down to. Winning is everything...

I respect Joni, but her wishes will not happen.

The Republican Civil War is in its four months of years long to be fight.

She's wrong. Cheney needs to go, she's an interventionist for never-ending wars just like daddy. The Republicans will keep that seat if she is beaten in the primaries unless she is so butthurt she runs as an Independent.

Ernst forgets how much back-stabbing the deep state Republicans did to Trump.

She's wrong. Cheney needs to go, she's an interventionist for never-ending wars just like daddy. The Republicans will keep that seat if she is beaten in the primaries unless she is so butthurt she runs as an Independent.

Which Trump invited on himself. Why? Because he wasn't a politician. And I mean that in the sense that the dumbass never smartened up and adapted to play the game. He didn't have to kiss the ring. He just needed to show enough political smarts to be able to beat the establishment at their own game. Instead??....he came across as a blunt instrument. Because he's a moron. And corrupt. And only interested in what the position could do for HIM. Gawd, what a retard. I mean, he had re-election SEWN up. All he had to do was give just a bit of a shit about the pandemic..and he couldn't even do that. And now, he's got Republicans kissing his ring and eating each other...when someone like Cheney could have been a useful ally...if only he had a brain! :)

You can whine about the "deep state" (doesn't exist) all you want. In the end, Trump..ends up always being his own worst enemy. :)

Which Trump invited on himself. Why? Because he wasn't a politician. And I mean that in the sense that the dumbass never smartened up and adapted to play the game. He didn't have to kiss the ring. He just needed to show enough political smarts to be able to beat the establishment at their own game. Instead??....he came across as a blunt instrument. Because he's a moron. And corrupt. And only interested in what the position could do for HIM. Gawd, what a retard. I mean, he had re-election SEWN up. All he had to do was give just a bit of a shit about the pandemic..and he couldn't even do that. And now, he's got Republicans kissing his ring and eating each other...when someone like Cheney could have been a useful ally...if only he had a brain! :)

You can whine about the "deep state" (doesn't exist) all you want. In the end, Trump..ends up always being his own worst enemy. :)
Well.. The way I see it... If you want to go back to same'ol same'ol... You are part of the problem.

Well.. The way I see it... If you want to go back to same'ol same'ol... You are part of the problem.

I want to go back to moving forward. Which is what we are doing now. Not staying the same puddle of shit..because the guy at the top is too stupid to step out of it.
^Shrug^

excerpts:

Facing removal from party leadership, Rep. Liz Cheney doubled down on Wednesday, saying in a Washington Post op-ed that the GOP is at a "turning point" and calling on Republicans to turn away from former President Donald Trump’s rhetoric, which she argued "can provoke violence again."

"The Republican Party is at a turning point, and Republicans must decide whether we are going to choose truth and fidelity to the Constitution," the Wyoming Republican wrote in the op-ed. “History is watching. Our children are watching. We must be brave enough to defend the basic principles that underpin and protect our freedom and our democratic process.”

In the op-ed, Cheney slammed Trump and said she would continue to do so “no matter what the short-term political consequences might be.”

“We must be brave enough to defend the basic principles that underpin and protect our freedom and our democratic process,” Cheney wrote.

In the op-ed, she also called for Republicans to support the Justice Department’s investigations into the Jan. 6 insurrection at the Capitol and renewed her calls for a bipartisan, 9/11-style fact-finding commission with subpoena power and no current members of Congress participating.

She also called on the party to move away from the "dangerous and anti-democratic Trump cult of personality.”

President Ronald Reagan, she wrote, "formed a broad coalition from across the political spectrum to return America to sanity, and we need to do the same now. We know how. But this will not happen if Republicans choose to abandon the rule of law and join Trump’s crusade to undermine the foundation of our democracy and reverse the legal outcome of the last election."

In the op-ed, Cheney called for Republicans to back “genuinely conservative principles,” arguing for low taxes, fiscal conservatism and small government.

“There is much at stake now,“ she wrote, “including the ridiculous wokeness of our political rivals, the irrational policies at the border and runaway spending that threatens a return to the catastrophic inflation of the 1970s.”

I want to go back to moving forward. Which is what we are doing now. Not staying the same puddle of shit..because the guy at the top is too stupid to step out of it.
^Shrug^
You are about moving forward by bringing up a former president over and over?

Or... Wait.. It wasn't you THIS time right? *thumbs up*

Come on Joni. Stop acting like a hard up lesbo. Cheney sucks. Maybe you should both go and get a room.
In the current Republican fanatical cancel culture environment, it's not enough to simply tongue-bathe DearLeader. You also have to openly hate anyone who doesn't, or you will be cancelled as well.

Come on Joni. Stop acting like a hard up lesbo. Cheney sucks. Maybe you should both go and get a room.
In the current Republican fanatical cancel culture environment, it's not enough to simply tongue-bathe DearLeader. You also have to openly hate anyone who doesn't, or you will be cancelled as well.
Glass houses.

Forum List

Back