'Intruder' shot by neighbor may have been sleepwalking

Donald Polish

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2014
Kansas City
The Crandall family took a Christmas Card photo on the steps of the Denton County Courthouse featuring well over a dozen smiling faces in the extended family. The morning after Christmas, however, Spencer Crandall was shot dead on his neighbor’s porch.
Only Spencer, 31, knew why he came knocking and ringing the doorbell at 4 a.m. And maybe he didn’t know either.
“He had been sleepwalking,” his brother told News 8.
This is how every happy holiday may be spoiled. The 2nd Amendment proves to be problem again. Or our Government will revise it or American citizens will face with such accidents on holidays.
Intruder shot in Wise Co. may have been sleepwalking
tumblr_n13rqnep5I1r55d2io1_1280.jpg

The Crandall family took a Christmas Card photo on the steps of the Denton County Courthouse featuring well over a dozen smiling faces in the extended family. The morning after Christmas, however, Spencer Crandall was shot dead on his neighbor’s porch.
Only Spencer, 31, knew why he came knocking and ringing the doorbell at 4 a.m. And maybe he didn’t know either.
“He had been sleepwalking,” his brother told News 8.
This is how every happy holiday may be spoiled. The 2nd Amendment proves to be problem again. Or our Government will revise it or American citizens will face with such accidents on holidays.
Intruder shot in Wise Co. may have been sleepwalking
tumblr_n13rqnep5I1r55d2io1_1280.jpg

What does the shooter say?

According to his brother, an attorney smelling a lawsuit, he was sleep walking, sleep doorbell ringing, and sleep talking. Yeah, Yeah, that's the ticket.

According to his brother, an attorney smelling a lawsuit, he was sleep walking, sleep doorbell ringing, and sleep talking. Yeah, Yeah, that's the ticket.

We definitely need more to this story. I noticed this:
Sheriff: Man who killed would-be home intruder 'acted lawfully'

Which makes the rest of the story seem questionable. I don't know of anywhere that you can shoot your neighbor just for ringing the doorbell. But it sure sounds like the shooter wasn't very responsible since it was his neighbor after all.

Forum List

Back