Interesting Find in the 45s Drawer

ProfessorHawthorne

Mar 22, 2021
I was rummaging through my 45s yesterday looking for something different to listen to. I came across "Timothy" by the Buoys. Slowly, I remembered and popped it on the turntable. It is a good, catchy pop tune, despite the lyrics.
Does anybody else remember hearing it on the radio? Did you buy the 45 too?

Cheers

I was rummaging through my 45s yesterday looking for something different to listen to. I came across "Timothy" by the Buoys. Slowly, I remembered and popped it on the turntable. It is a good, catchy pop tune, despite the lyrics.

Cheers
The song about 3 guys being trapped in the mine and "Timothy, Timothy, where on earth did you go" or something like that right??

Cheers
What a great song! I love songs about being trapped in a mine and eating people! smh

Cheers

You keep your 45s in a drawer? Can you show us the turntable you play them on?

You keep your 45s in a drawer? Can you show us the turntable you play them on?
I guess maybe that does sound like I'm a little anal retentive about my records. But, yeah I am. The turntable I play 45s on isn't really all that special. It's an older VPI HW-19 Mk4 I've had for close to twenty years - with a few upgrades. Now, my turntable on my main system might be a little more extravagant, but it's not really set up for 45s. And yes, all my LPs have vinyl jackets and all the records inside have rice paper sleeves, grasshopper.

I've got lots of CDs, but I've never stopped buying and playing records since the '60s.

Cheers

I guess maybe that does sound like I'm a little anal retentive about my records. But, yeah I am.
Not really. All of my records are kept in one of three custom built storage units I designed with about 2-inch thick solid hardwood used. And using a VPI table is probably just about as extravagant a table as any 45 has ever seen! At least you're not using this!

rca-45-ey-2.jpg

Forum List

Back