Interesting FBI Analysis of 40cal handgun hollowpoint & .223 match grade stopping power

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
Warning: EXTREMELY GRAPHIC VIDEO of autopsy footage showing disrobed deceased shootout perpetrator.
Viewer discretion STRONGLY advised.

Apparently, this criminal engaged in a shootout with three police officers. The officers fired 107 rounds from 40 caliber handguns and AR-15s using .223 match grade open tip Hornady 55 grain and 75 grain bullets. These were the results. After being struck as many as 15 times with rounds from both handgun and rifle, the suspect was still able to reload a magazine from an open box of loose ammunition and return fire. The suspect was struck a total of 17 times before his threat was eliminated.

Video behind the "Spoiler" button below.

Interesting stuff.

As an aside...these were trained police officers, and there were three of them. The shootout lasted three and half minutes and all reloaded multiple times Combined, they only struck the suspect a grand total of ONE magazines worth (17) of bullets.

Tell me again that there is no circumstance where I might need a high capacity magazine.

Last edited:
Warning: EXTREMELY GRAPHIC VIDEO of autopsy footage showing disrobed deceased shootout perpetrator.

Apparently, this criminal engaged in a shootout with 3]three FBI agents. The agents fired 107 rounds from 40 caliber handguns and AR-15s using .223 match grade open tip Hornady 55 grain and 75 grain bullets. These were the results. After being struck as many as 15 times with rounds from both handgun and rifle, the suspect was still able to reload a magazine from an open box of loose ammunition and return fire. The suspect was struck a total of 17 times before his threat was eliminated.

Interesting stuff.

As an aside...these were trained FBI Agents, and there were three of them. The shootout lasted three and half minutes and all reloaded multiple times Combined, they only struck the suspect a grand total of ONE magazines worth (17) of bullets.

Tell me again that there is no circumstance where I might need a high capacity magazine.

If you dont hit anything vital they can keep at for quite awhile.

Apparently, this criminal engaged in a shootout with three police officers. The officers fired 107 rounds from 40 caliber handguns and AR-15s using .223 match grade open tip Hornady 55 grain and 75 grain bullets. These were the results. After being struck as many as 15 times with rounds from both handgun and rifle, the suspect was still able to reload a magazine from an open box of loose ammunition and return fire. The suspect was struck a total of 17 times before his threat was eliminated.

Interesting stuff.

As an aside...these were trained police officers, and there were three of them. The shootout lasted three and half minutes and all reloaded multiple times Combined, they only struck the suspect a grand total of ONE magazines worth (17) of bullets.

Now imagine there were 2 or 3 of them......

civilians won't have back up most of the time, and they will be on their own....I can't see using a cell phone to call 911 as you are exchanging shots......

magazine capacity is vital for the civilian just as much as for the cop or the FBI.....

did you here that there is a study about to be released that details magazine capacity and mass shootings.....it states that magazine capacity does not add to the death rate......

Interesting stuff.

Silly you.......it is your duty as a citizen to quietly submit to criminal attack. Any attempt to defend yourself will be seen as a violent act and you will be treated as such action demands....we will not tolerate violence in our citizens........the criminal shall also be considered the victim....since it is obviously your unfair advantages in life which have driven him to extreme behavior......so, a penalty for incitement of a less fortunate will also be leveled against you.....

Personally I'll go with the .45 ACP and 7.62 NATO.

I will be honest here. I LOVE .45. Always have. Frankly, after carrying a 45 in Vietnam Nam and through all of Europe (until they made us switch over to 9mm) I STILL love the .45 (in ANY configuration or builder).

The 45 I carried in ROV hangs in a frame in my home (do NOT ask how it came to be there :) ) and I look at it occasionally with great fondnes.

The problem? NATO and the US and their bullshit agreements. So, I am used to the 9mm but for stopping power, it sucks. Or, as a friend of mine who owns the local gun store tells me: "That's why 9mm ammo is cheaper than .45. It takes 4 times as many slugs in 9 to do the same job as the .45". :)

Forum List

Back