Interest Rate Cuts Won't Solve Supply.

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
The fed cut interest rates again in another effort to ward off a trump recession.

My education and degree is in accounting and finance. I had to take those economic courses to get my degree but I'm by no means an expert in the subject.

While I'm not an expert I do know the simple laws of supply and demand.

Cutting interest rates will only cause inflation because it's not demand that is causing the economic problems. It's supply. Creating more of a demand of goods that aren't in supply will cause what's left in supply to cost much more.

Big business foolishly sent our jobs to Asia or business too heavily depends on parts being made in Asia.

Now that the supply line has been disrupted by a virus, the supply isn't there. Which will cause inflation for what is left because there still is a demand.

As the virus works it's way through the world, demand will fall. Which will further harm the economy.

All the rate cut will do is make borrowing cheaper for the rich. Further widening the income gap.

DOW quote and summary -- MSN Money

The fed cut interest rates again in another effort to ward off a trump recession.

My education and degree is in accounting and finance. I had to take those economic courses to get my degree but I'm by no means an expert in the subject.

Cutting interest rates will only cause inflation because it's not demand that is causing the economic problems. It's supply. Creating more of a demand of goods that aren't in supply will cause what's left in supply to cost much more.

Big business foolishly sent our jobs to Asia or business too heavily depends on parts being made in Asia.

Now that the supply line has been disrupted by a virus, the supply isn't there. Which will cause inflation for what is left because there still is a demand.

As the virus works it's way through the world, demand will fall. Which will further harm the economy.

All the rate cut will do is make borrowing cheaper for the rich. Further widening the income gap.

You posted a false narrative since nowhere in the link claims Feds cut was to ward off a non existent recession.

You posted a false narrative since nowhere in the link claims Feds cut was to ward off a non existent recession.

The reason for this post and the link with it isn't what you assumed.

The fed cut interest rates today. Which normally would cause an increase in the stock market. The exact opposite happened.

My post was explaining why the stock market is still falling and why the fed cut won't stop it.

The link was to show where the dow ended up today.

You obviously got the wrong thing from my post.

Do you have any education or experience with economics?

If so, you need more.

If not, you need to learn something about this before you post and make a total fool of yourself.

The fed cut interest rates today. Which normally would cause an increase in the stock market. The exact opposite happened.

My post was explaining why the stock market is still falling and why the fed cut won't stop it.

If so, you need more.

If not, you need to learn something about this before you post and make a total fool of yourself.

Now you come across like an asshole, it is now clear I was correct that YOUR link didn't talk about a recession at all!

Your first sentence, which is what I responded to:

"The fed cut interest rates again in another effort to ward off a trump recession."

Your article says not a word about recession at all, stop being a liar!

A recession that doesn't yet exist, you a special kind of stupid?

Your degree in economics hasn't showed up today, maybe it was really a degree in bullshit?

Make it here open industrial in our inner cities where black slaves are desperate for freedom

If so, you need more.

Now you come across like an asshole, it is now clear I was correct that YOUR link didn't talk about a recession at all!

Your first sentence, which is what I responded to:

"The fed cut interest rates again in another effort to ward off a trump recession."

Your article says not a word about recession at all, stop being a liar!

A recession that doesn't yet exist, you a special kind of stupid?

Your degree in economics hasn't showed up today, maybe it was really a degree in bullshit?

Did you read the title of this thread?

It's about supply and why the fed cut didn't stop the bleeding of the stock market.

As I said, I put that up to show today's stock market levels.

If you want to go off on recession go for it.

You'll need to start a new thread for that.

Meanwhile this thread is about the reason why the stock market is still falling.

Do you have anything to contribute to the subject of the thread?

It's clear that supply is slowing and it may get worse. Which means that all the demand in the world isn't going to make any difference. In fact higher demand while low or no supply will cause inflation.

Do you understand capitalism and supply and demand? Do you understand free markets?

If not maybe a Econ 101 book might help.

MSM reports interest rate cuts won’t stop the corona train
What insightful reporting

If so, you need more.

For all you know, the interest rate cuts may result in LESS of a downturn. Give your degree back.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but...Chinese factories are all back in business and the virus is now more under control inside China than outside. Interest rate cuts will now only make the economy surge like a rocket. Which means come November, when the virus will be just a footnote, Trump will be in perfect position to be reelected since the number one reason people vote on is economic conditions.

Last edited:
And when the virus passes there will be excess pent up demand

You aren't paying attention to the supply problem.

The supply line has been slowed. It could be slowed even more.

No amount of demand will fix that. No amount of tax cuts will fix that. In fact, higher demand on low supplies causes inflation.

And when the virus passes there will be excess pent up demand

You aren't paying attention to the supply problem.

The supply line has been slowed. It could be slowed even more.

No amount of demand will fix that. No amount of tax cuts will fix that. In fact, higher demand on low supplies causes inflation.
Heard what you said.....demand doesn't disappear because of this it gets deferred. Deferred demand is tomorrow boom. Not all things will equal out but we willbe fine.

Meh, all the indicators are still forecasting an extremely strong economy heading into the election. Democrats will of course use anything and everything to bring it down. At this point with limited time left until November, there really isn't much left for Dems to do. They already threw the kitchen sink AND the refrigerator, which was impeachment. What's left between now and November is the result of the investigations and potential indictments for the Bidens, leading Dem figures, FISA abuse, Hillary, and other treasonous Deep State actors like Comey, Brennan and Clapper.

Last edited:
The coming threat of Inflation? Is it based on a scientific approach to economics or is it wishful thinking from someone afflicted with TDS?

Last edited:

Go throw yourself a party and celebrate how corona virus and its resulting economic hardships mean your life will get worse but since it reflects badly on trump it’s OK.
PS... your food stamps can’t buy booze for your party.

Forum List

Back