Instead Of Civil War

Why would I do that? I'm not an anarchist. Most of our taxes are illegitimate, but some are legitimate. I already explained this. Do you have a medical condition or are you just stupid?
No fucktard. You are thicker than my kitchen worktop. Did you smack your thick head on the retard branch when you fell out of the tree? Couldn't give a fuck who posted you the tax bill, federal or state, everyone stop paying tax and the government will grind to a halt. Government as in, local and federal. Are you on the internet unsupervised again.

no IM sick of millions of blue staters moving here ....stay there and love your liberal politics
Where is here?

A bunch of people I know, well 8 families, have moved to in the last 2 years.
Texas
Texas
Texas
Texas
Georgia
Georgia
Georgia
Florida

I really haven't kept in touch, but they were Conservatives looking to rid themselves of so-called liberals from WA State.

I assume they are ALL doing well, and I wish them all the success.

How about county by county secession instead? All counties in the country can secede and become part of a different state if they wish. All it would require would be for the county to vote to secede from their state and the state they want to become a part of has to vote for it as well. And, it has to be a state which would border the other state or a number of counties put together which altogether would border their new state. For example, the new Oregon and Idaho.

I donate NOVA (NOtVA) to the DC swamp

How about county by county secession instead? All counties in the country can secede and become part of a different state if they wish. All it would require would be for the county to vote to secede from their state and the state they want to become a part of has to vote for it as well. And, it has to be a state which would border the other state or a number of counties put together which altogether would border their new state. For example, the new Oregon and Idaho.
No. The union indivisible.

Insanity! You’re dealing with an enemy that won’t stop until every American is as miserable as the most miserable Progressive. You cannot run away from that

The States involved, especially Oregon because they would stand to lose territory and tax revenue and possibly congress.

The Oregon government has to agree before the secession could occur. If the counties and both states agree then who is there left who could sue?

What is it with Conservatives and their unending desire to break up the United States?
They don't want to be tethered to shithole Democrat states. Besides, we're talking about some counties seceding from Oregon and joining Idaho. They aren't looking to secede from the United States.

Secession is what started the hostilities. The Civil War settled the issue of state vs federal government and the federal government came out the winner. Don't encourage secession, the federal government has all the guns.

If a county is surrounded by counties from another "country" how does that work? They will need passports to travel. Same for trade, etc.

So if West Texas county - population 12,000 wishes to secede but is surrounded by counties staying in the Union - what happens?

If a county is surrounded by counties from another "country" how does that work? They will need passports to travel. Same for trade, etc.

So if West Texas county - population 12,000 wishes to secede but is surrounded by counties staying in the Union - what happens?
You didn't understand my post. I didn't say secede from the US, I said counties can secede from their state and join another state.

The split is inevitable. Most of the country rejects the nanny state.

Forum List

Back