Instant pot red beans....

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
Used this recipe...

I used ½ a can of walmart spam cubed and followed the rest of the directions except no other meat and I threw the spam in for the pressure cook.

After the pressure cook I tasted it and it was so good I skipped the salsa.

This is a keeper.

Used this recipe...

I used ½ a can of walmart spam cubed and followed the rest of the directions except no other meat and I threw the spam in for the pressure cook.

This is a keeper.

I use that instapot as well. Im not really much on recipes but I made a great batch of black eyed peas with half a pork roast, just a bunch of garlic and chili peppers thrown in there for good measure.

Ive vowed to never eat spam again but I suppose the pressure cooking might purify it somehow!

I do not do "Instapot" beans and rice ever, or pasta.

The thing is, pasta and rice expand, and I don't even use an "Insta-Pot", I use a 1940s pressure cooker, and if that stuff

expands too much, your kitchen will look like a car radiator full of food blew its top in it.

Don't ask me how I know. :rolleyes:

I made that mistake once.

That top weight thingy is heavy, and if it blasts off, you're about to have a bad time.

Pasta, grits, and beans expand.

I got real leftover ham from when I had to buy a whole ham to get a hambone for Spanish Bean Soup.

That has to get cooked in a pressure cooker AND you want to boil the beans and crack them and then soak for 24 hours.

Also allow for axpansion in the pot.

Last edited:
Used this recipe...

This is a keeper.
We just tried your recipe with sausage. Winner! :113:

Forum List

Back