Inflation can save us.

If used to retire debt, public or private.

NO. First of all, the day that public debt starts getting retired and not replaced by even more debt is not going to happen anytime soon. Second, inflation creates more money that is worth less, and that hammers the bottom half of the income brackets and that ain't going to save us.

IMHO, there's only one way to save us from the debt burden we already have that is rapidly grower larger, and that is to stop the profligate spending that exceeds revenue. Unfortunately, I see your point; the politicians will print more money to 'save' us but they'll still be creating more debt. Until the shit hits the fan.

Inflation is slow motion devaluation, which would make new debt even more expensive.

If the dollar reduces hugely in the short term --- and it will -- the type of inflation the US will experience will be astronomical.

I believe the sort of change that will be facing you is calamitous .
Millions selling themselves for a loaf of bread .

Global repercussions and major changes in all spheres .
One brilliant analyst sees an 80% possible reduction in the value of the dollar .
Keep buying Silver and/or Gold .
And if you cannot afford them , take up crime .

If the dollar reduces hugely in the short term --- and it will -- the type of inflation the US will experience will be astronomical.

I believe the sort of change that will be facing you is calamitous .
Millions selling themselves for a loaf of bread .

Global repercussions and major changes in all spheres .
One brilliant analyst sees an 80% possible reduction in the value of the dollar .
Keep buying Silver and/or Gold .
And if you cannot afford them , take up crime .
The US may devolve into a nation of war lords where the best armed do the best.

The US may devolve into a nation of war lords where the best armed do the best.
It''s the one time having a good crystal ball could be a life saver .
Therefore best to assume the worst with any shortfall a bonus .

But probabilities at this point are heavily biased toward disaster, way beyond the depression of nearly 100 years ago .

Forum List

Back