I Do Understand Gen Z And Their Plight.

Timely thread.....

Perhaps then you can explain to me why just a few minutes ago, while picking up some yard debris out back, I saw a bunch of those people tooling around on their Harleys at 1500 in the afternoon?

Now I could understand it if it were retired folks like myself out and about (it's nice, about 70 out) but these were people in their prime earning years tooling about on 30K+ bikes.

I bet if I drove into town to my favorite chi-com restaurant there would also be the usual contingent of "porch negros" of about the same age sippin' on 40s in paper bags across the way.

I doubt seriously if any of their bosses decided to give them the afternoon off so the only conclusion I can reach is that they simply don't work.

Record debt spending & inflation has all but totally exterminated the "American Dream", & Gen Z is reacting to that debt spending & inflation the only way they can.

Their plight is too young, dumb and unstudied in recent history to have seen, lived through or read of the 1970s and 80s.

Record debt spending & inflation has all but totally exterminated the "American Dream", & Gen Z is reacting to that debt spending & inflation the only way they can.

I need to know her situation. Does she live at home? No. She rents. So what does she do for a living? Did she graduate college? I need to know more about her to give her any advice. Where did she go wrong? I can't tell without knowing more.

My advice would be stay with your parents until you have a good paying job. And to get a good paying job you need a college degree.

Or, maybe she needs to start a union if the company she works for isn't paying enough. Who does she work for?

Without knowing more she's just an ignorant immature child.

Their plight is too young, dumb and unstudied in recent history to have seen, lived through or read of the 1970s and 80s.

Well we aren't much smarter than her. In the late 70's corporate America waged war on the American middle class. With Reagan and Bush's help. But bottom line is this. From then to now, CEO pay has gone up 1322% and our pay only went up 18%. So she's not wrong but she needs to realize that she needs a degree or maybe she needs to organize the workers into a union. Or maybe she needs to look for another job.

And who did we blame when they sent all our best paying jobs overseas? Unions. The same group that got us that good pay. It's not their fault Of course corporations are going to move jobs to Mexico and China if Republicans let them.

And Republicans can't even argue with me anymore on this because their Messiah Trump is talking about massive tariffs on imports. That's what I said we should have done in the 2000's when those companies were leaving. Warn them if they go they'll have to pay tariffs. But Republicans were against tariffs back then. Now that Trump likes them I bet they like them now.

Unfortunately, doing what Trump wants to do will fuck with the economy. He will do it to fulfill a campaign promise but his voters don't realize that will cause inflation and slow down the economy. Might even cause a recession. Because Trump won't do it responsibly with concern for the ramifications.

Well we aren't much smarter than her. In the late 70's corporate America waged war on the American middle class. With Reagan and Bush's help. But bottom line is this. From then to now, CEO pay has gone up 1322% and our pay only went up 18%. So she's not wrong but she needs to realize that she needs a degree or maybe she needs to organize the workers into a union. Or maybe she needs to look for another job.

And who did we blame when they sent all our best paying jobs overseas? Unions. The same group that got us that good pay. It's not their fault Of course corporations are going to move jobs to Mexico and China if Republicans let them.

And Republicans can't even argue with me anymore on this because their Messiah Trump is talking about massive tariffs on imports. That's what I said we should have done in the 2000's when those companies were leaving. Warn them if they go they'll have to pay tariffs. But Republicans were against tariffs back then. Now that Trump likes them I bet they like them now.

Unfortunately, doing what Trump wants to do will fuck with the economy. He will do it to fulfill a campaign promise but his voters don't realize that will cause inflation and slow down the economy. Might even cause a recession. Because Trump won't do it responsibly with concern for the ramifications.
I understand, your reference to Corporate America waging war with middle class, by support for union busting, and it's support by Reagan and Daddy Bush. It correct.
Trump is an idiot. Wrong on economics, foreign policy, domestic policy of divide and conquer, the constitution, the rule of law. There really isn't much the Anti-American sonovabitch is right, on.

Timely thread.....

Perhaps then you can explain to me why just a few minutes ago, while picking up some yard debris out back, I saw a bunch of those people tooling around on their Harleys at 1500 in the afternoon?

Now I could understand it if it were retired folks like myself out and about (it's nice, about 70 out) but these were people in their prime earning years tooling about on 30K+ bikes.

I bet if I drove into town to my favorite chi-com restaurant there would also be the usual contingent of "porch negros" of about the same age sippin' on 40s in paper bags across the way.

I doubt seriously if any of their bosses decided to give them the afternoon off so the only conclusion I can reach is that they simply don't work.
I am reasonably sure that their are some Gen Z'ers that have landed well paying employment in various fields such as medical, trades & tech. The Gen Z'ers that lack post K-12 education &/or specific training in more conventional blue collar employment such as operating engineers, heavy equipment repair, linemen etc. are the ones hurting. Gone are the days of being able to "get by" somewhat well on minimum wage. The graph below illustrates the Gen Z plight, in 2023 like near one out of ten Gen Z'ers were unemployed. Maybe the tent people camped out on sidewalks are not illegal aliens but the Gen Z unemployed???

Timely thread.....

I too see similar "ALL THE TIME" when out during work hours. Amazingly, Black guys on the phone walking around. Mexicans pushing stollers....whites lifting dead weight at a gym or jogging around aimlessly. If you got that much energy go work on a farm for Christs' Sake!

I understand it.

Between social media, their parents trying to protect them from everything, companies doing everything they can to appeal to young people, politicians trying to attract young voters by telling them everything they want to hear, lack of Christian upbringing, a errosion of the nuclear family and too many excessive modern conveniences like having a damn app for everything has done this to them. But mainly it's social media as it concentrated all of those things directly into their eyeballs on a near constant basis. And it's all endorsed and pushed by people like the world economic forum as they try to wear down the fabric of America.

All of those things have essentially turned an entire generation into soft, weak willed, ambitionless, uneducated, irresponsible, lazy, selfish, socially retarded pussy ass bitches.

They have been fed a lie they are all super talented, mega smart, important people that are all brave, and deserve everything they want just for showing up.

Basically, they were engineered to be useless as tits on a boar.

Let's start with his border policy.
I'm not a "build the wall" kind of guy, but other than that, even a blind pig finds an acorn, once in a while.

Forum List

Back