Infamous 'Pharma bro' Martin Shkreli released from prison early after only 5 years

It was his first , non-violent offense and he was a model prisoner. Doesn't seem likely to re-offend. Wish him the best of luck after paying his debt to society.

It was his first , non-violent offense and he was a model prisoner. Doesn't seem likely to re-offend. Wish him the best of luck after paying his debt to society.
Model prisoners are punished for having & using a contraband cell phone?
Shkreli is a piece of shit.

Model prisoners are punished for having & using a contraband cell phone?
Shkreli is a piece of shit.

Hardly a serious offense. For a fellow like Shkrell , he had never done time before so he probably had difficulties with keistering his phone so the screws didn't catch him with it.

Probably wasn't caught again.

Hardly a serious offense. For a fellow like Shkrell , he had never done time before so he probably had difficulties with keistering his phone so the screws didn't catch him with it.

Probably wasn't caught again.
On the contrary - possession of cell phones by prisoners is a very serious offense:
"Prisoners have used them to, for example, intimidate and threaten witnesses; transmit photographs, including offensive pictures sent to victims; orchestrate crimes, such as gang activity; coordinate escapes; bribe prison officers; order retaliation against other inmates; text other prisoners; gain access to the Internet; and create security breaches."

On the contrary - possession of cell phones by prisoners is a very serious offense:
"Prisoners have used them to, for example, intimidate and threaten witnesses; transmit photographs, including offensive pictures sent to victims; orchestrate crimes, such as gang activity; coordinate escapes; bribe prison officers; order retaliation against other inmates; text other prisoners; gain access to the Internet; and create security breaches."
This was a low security federal prison which closely resembles a school campus with dorms for the inmates. The inmate to guard ratio is very high because these are white-collar or non-violent criminals.

This was a low security federal prison which closely resembles a school campus with dorms for the inmates. The inmate to guard ratio is very high because these are white-collar or non-violent criminals.
My point was that it IS a serious offense and that does not change based on what kind of prison you go to.

Well, you would be wrong. It is NOT serious offense and it does effect the prison you go to!

I think you are right. Mr. Shkrell did his time at a low security prison, maybe because of the cell phone incident.

If it truly was a serious offense, they would have shipped him to a USP maximum security institution.

if he wants to be bros with everyone, i don't want to be his bro...do you guys think i should forgive him and be his bro?

I just saw a show said he'd be out September 2023. He got out early?

The show was about how he bought the WuTang Clans album for $2 million dollars. Since someone else purchased it from the Government for $4 million. And Martin is prohibited from being in the pharmacutical industry for life.

Welcome to Xiden's America...when big phrama crooks pay the right admin officials and get released early.

Hes a shit aint he ? Probably end up on Fox.
So, the federal prison, which is under the Biden Administration lets the scum out early and you try to make it about Republicans? Low blow asshole, why not hold the DOJ to task for letting the scum out? I'm sorry I forgot you are a partisan scum and don't give a crap about justice, just the Democratic party. Party over country right asshole?

I just saw a show said he'd be out September 2023. He got out early?

The show was about how he bought the WuTang Clans album for $2 million dollars. Since someone else purchased it from the Government for $4 million. And Martin is prohibited from being in the pharmacutical industry for life.
That is too good for him. The guy is the lowest of the low, on the same level as Tommy Tainant

So, the federal prison, which is under the Biden Administration lets the scum out early and you try to make it about Republicans? Low blow asshole, why not hold the DOJ to task for letting the scum out? I'm sorry I forgot you are a partisan scum and don't give a crap about justice, just the Democratic party. Party over country right asshole?
Because he's not a danger to society. Why make him stay the entire time? I'm sure the amount of time he was in prison was more than enough.

And he can never be in the pharma industry ever again.

And they took MILLIONS from him.

So he got out a little early for good behavior. So what? Everyone else does why not him? He was costing us money sitting in prison. Trust me, I'm sure after 2 days he learned his lesson. So if he spent a couple/few years in jail, I'm sure that was plenty of punishment.

Forum List

Back