Indoctrination on Campus

Hey, if all you cons want to stay out of college, fine. Don't go. We don't need the dead weight clogging up the classrooms. It's not like you'd pull enough of a GPA to be any competion for jobs.

What a stupid post.

Are you the GPA paragon with whom conservatives wouldn't be able to compete?
Seems to be an awfully low bar.

Apparently, some would have us think American students are zombie-like creatures that simply absorb without thinking whatever any professor dishes out.

When I was at university, I remember a history teacher (an elderly woman) who clearly told us we were the élite destined to rule the masses, as it always had been. Not very 'left' in any classic sense of the term, but certainly doctrinaire and ideological.

There are swings of the pendulum in every field. If to some people it seems to be 'left' presently (though this poster does not see it that way), remember that conservatism and even rightist principles have also been inculcated by institutions of learning in America. In fact, this present generation came from such an era.

I think it is funny that so many people think our children are mindless sheep. university kids arent stupid. it is almost a good idea to be put into a situation where you have to kowtow to crazy belief systems to get ahead. it prepares you for the real world.

once away from indoctrination, people tend to become more and more conservative as life teaches them what works and what doesnt.

if you arent a liberal at 20 then you're heartless.

if you arent a conservative at 50 then you're stupid.

What????

Wait 'til 50?????

lol. most of us wake up sooner. 50 is at the far end of the tail!

IanC, quit plagiarizing the idea.

Conservative and liberal, Churchill stylewww.englishforums.com/.../ConservativeLiberalChurchill.../post.htmCached
You +1'd this publicly. Undo
If you're not Conservative when you're 35, you have no. ... Then you can see what he was speaking or writing about at the time. ... As thus printed, this famous saying is fantastic and stupid, so far as it refers to the two ... when you're 20 you have no heart, and if you don't vote Conservative when you're 50 you have no sense.
Liberal vs Conservative Views - Which Side are You On?Squidoo : Welcome to Squidoo › Culture & Society › Politics › Political IssuesCached - Similar
Does it really matter whether you are a liberal or a conservative? ... So please be patient and check back often :) If you have any suggestions on how to improve this page please let me ... Personal Responsibility: 50% Conservative, 50% Liberal ..... Then you could have people not scarificing their religion for your choice.
If you're not a liberal when you're 60, you have no heart - Baja ...tucsoncitizen.com/.../if-youre-not-a-liberal-when-youre-60-you-have...Cached
Jul 4, 2012 – If you're not conservative when you're 40, you have no brain”. ... in my 20s, a conservative in my 30s, a moderate in my 40s & 50s, and now an ... People have done (and continue to do) some really stupid things in the name of religion. ... After South Africa came the Caribbean, and then Morocco, Egypt, San ...
Todd Akin's Dumb Comment vs. Obama's Support of Infanticide ...www.redstate.com/.../todd-akins-dumb-comment-vs-obamas-support...Cached
Aug 20, 2012 – I bet they'll spent a whole lot more time on this than either the FRC shooting or ... Conservatives who are intent upon criminalizing abortion are going to sentence ... That's over 50 million people that would have paid into both programs ..... And even if you're right about not advancing Obama's prospects [and ...
Some Comments on Todd Akin, Abortion, and Rape | RedStatewww.redstate.com/.../some-comments-on-todd-akin-abortion-and-ra...Cached
Aug 21, 2012 – POWERFUL CONSERVATIVE VOICES | Wednesday, October 17, 2012 ... Suffice to say, we do know that there are false rape accusations, as the Duke ... Now therefore, do not be afraid; I will provide for you and your little ones. ... who is willing to stand on principle, rather than on stupid ignorant excuses.

are you some sort of idiot? hahahahaha

putting an old saying into a new context is not plagiarizing.

It is not an "old saying", and you were passing it off as your saying.

We all know you are not smart enough to have sayings of your own. :lol:

It is not an "old saying", and you were passing it off as your saying.

We all know you are not smart enough to have sayings of your own. :lol:

do you have anything to actually add to the conversation? or do you only care about my supposed infraction against your personally biased definition of plagiarism?

and as far as my own sayings, here's one to do with nature vs nurture-

genetics

environment

genetically influenced environment = culture

environmentally influenced genetics = evolution

clever enough? or is it too trivial or trite for your esteemed intellect? hahahahaha

Exposing Anti-Israel Indoctrination on Campus

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Gary Fouse
fousesquawk
FOUSESQUAWK

Charles Jacobs and Avi Goldwasser, co-founders of the David Project, have written an important article for The Forward. It concerns the anti-Israel indoctrination that is going on within our universities.

Being 'Pro-Israel' Isn't Enough

I heartily concur with what Messers Jacobs and Goldwasser have written. The biggest issue of contention on college campuses today is the Israel-Palestinian conflict. It is undeniable that the left and the pro-Palestinian forces are dominating the discussion. It is part of a world-wide effort to discredit and deligitimize the Jewish state.

---

Exposing Anti-Israel Indoctrination on Campus | Israel

churchillpic.jpg

CornelWestblackboard.jpg

fx_obama_professor.jpg

How California's Colleges Indoctrinate Students

March 30, 2012
By PETER BERKOWITZ

A new report on the UC system documents the plague of politicized classrooms. The problem is national in scope..

The politicization of higher education by activist professors and compliant university administrators deprives students of the opportunity to acquire knowledge and refine their minds. It also erodes the nation's civic cohesion and its ability to preserve the institutions that undergird democracy in America.

So argues "A Crisis of Competence: The Corrupting Effect of Political Activism in the University of California," a new report by the California Association of Scholars, a division of the National Association of Scholars (NAS). The report is addressed to the Regents of the University of California, which has ultimate responsibility for governing the UC system, but the pathologies it diagnoses prevail throughout the country.

The analysis begins from a nonpolitical fact: Numerous studies of both the UC system and of higher education nationwide demonstrate that students who graduate from college are increasingly ignorant of history and literature. They are unfamiliar with the principles of American constitutional government. And they are bereft of the skills necessary to comprehend serious books and effectively marshal evidence and argument in written work.

This decline in the quality of education coincides with a profound transformation of the college curriculum. None of the nine general campuses in the UC system requires students to study the history and institutions of the United States. None requires students to study Western civilization, and on seven of the nine UC campuses, including Berkeley, a survey course in Western civilization is not even offered. In several English departments one can graduate without taking a course in Shakespeare. In many political science departments majors need not take a course in American politics.

Moreover, the evidence suggests that the hollowing of the curriculum stems from too many professors' preference for promoting a partisan political agenda.

---
In California, this is more than a failure of their duty as educators. It is also a violation of the law. Article IX, Section 9, of the California state constitution provides that "The university shall be entirely independent of all political or sectarian influence and kept free therefrom."

---
Peter Berkowitz: How California's Colleges Indoctrinate Students - WSJ.com

You know, I went through undergrad and graduate school and I never once witnessed this alleged "liberal indoctrination." I am fully aware that academia is filled mostly with leftists and that there is certainly an element of professors who try to push their views on their students from time to time, but in my experience, it is nowhere near the level conservatives like to portray.

"it is nowhere near the level conservatives like to portray."

Perhaps your observations have been somewhat slipshod.

1. It is not an education when a mid-term exam contains a required essay on the topic “Explain Why President Bush Is A War Criminal,” as did a criminology exam at the University of Northern Colorado, in 2003.
[http://cloudfront.mediamatters.org/static/pdf/saf_promise.pdf]

2. "Survey shocker: Liberal profs admit they’d discriminate against conservatives in hiring, advancement....Beyond that, conservatives represent a distinct minority on college and university campuses. A 2007 report by sociologists Neil Gross and Solon Simmons found that 80 percent of psychology professors at elite and non-elite universities are Democrats. Other studies reveal that 5 percent to 7 percent of faculty openly identify as Republicans. By contrast, about 20 percent of the general population are liberal and 40 percent are conservative.Survey shocker: Liberal profs admit they'd discriminate against conservatives in hiring, advancement - Washington Times

3. In 2004, Klein and Western published a study of the voter registration of the professors at U of C, Berkeley, and at Stanford, over 1000 professors, and concluded that the findings supported the ‘one party campus’ conjecture. At Berkeley, 9.9 to 1, and at Stanford, 7.6 to 1 of Democrats to Republicans.

4. Ideological diversity does not exist on most campuses.
In 2005 Klein and Stern surveyed 1,678 professors, and found that faculty is heavily skewed toward Democratic, and the most lopsided fields are Anthropology (30.2 to 1) and Sociology (28 to 1).

5. Most professors obsessively believe that Europe is culturally more sophisticated and mature than America. Barry and Judith Rubin explain, in their book “Hating America: A History,” that European intellectuals are bothered by Americans’ refusal to defer to a refined upper class and to recognize their own inferiority. They conclude that anti-Americanism is put forth by these intellectuals, who have influence in the realm of ideas: books, media and universities.
From “The Death of Feminism,” by Dr. Phyllis Chesler

Those are a few examples out of how many thousands of colleges and universities in this country? I didn't say it doesn't happen; I said I don't believe it is nearly as common as you guys act like it is.

Go to the far right Christian universities to find the indoctrination of hatred for Islam.

I don't believe it is nearly as common as you guys act like it is.

With about 90% of college professors admitting to being liberal there is a huge huge bias in our colleges and universities!! Sadly, liberalism is like a cancer which explains why no one is willing to step forward to define it and defend it.

EdwardBaiamonte's thinking is a cancer, which explains why no one takes him seriously.

EdwardBaiamonte's thinking is a cancer, which explains why no one takes him seriously.

of course if so you would not be so afraid to present your best example for the whole world to see. What does your fear tell you about the liberal IQ and character

We simplly show the internal inconsistency of your misquided philosophy.

of course if Jefferson's philosophy of freedom from liberal government contained internal inconsistencies you would not be so afraid to present your best example for the whole world to see. What does your fear tell you about the liberal IQ and character???????

No, Edward, your inconsistent philosophy. You not only misunderstand TJ, as has been plainly demonstrated, you cannot even stay consistent in your own wack way.

No, Edward, your inconsistent philosophy. You not only misunderstand TJ, as has been plainly demonstrated, you cannot even stay consistent in your own wack way.

of course if I misunderstood Jefferson's philosophy of freedom from liberal government you would not be so afraid to present your best example for the whole world to see. What does your fear tell you about the liberal IQ and character???????

Historical fact

Democratic-Republican Party (1792 to 1828) to the Democratic Party (1832 to now).

Federalist (1792) to Whigs (1832) to Republicans (1854 to now).

Forum List

Back