Indigenous genocide finding hangs over Canada’s Myanmar court intervention

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Cries of the pot calling the kettle black are emerging after Canada joined an international genocide lawsuit against Myanmar, because the national inquiry into missing and murdered Indigenous women and girls said Canada’s Indigenous Peoples are genocide victims.

Canada and the Netherlands announced with great fanfare this week that they were joining the genocide application launched by Gambia against Myanmar at the International Court of Justice in The Hague as intervenors.

Gambia filed the case last fall on behalf of the 57 Muslim countries in the Organization of Islamic Co-operation under the 1948 Genocide Convention.

More than 850,000 Rohingya Muslims have fled Rakhine state after being targeted by Myanmar security forces, who killed thousands while burning villages and engaging in ethnic cleansing and gang rape.

And......so somebody else intervene because Canada isn't qualified to intervene. By intervene, I mean with legalish documents because that will stop everything.

Cries of the pot calling the kettle black are emerging after Canada joined an international genocide lawsuit against Myanmar, because the national inquiry into missing and murdered Indigenous women and girls said Canada’s Indigenous Peoples are genocide victims.

Canada and the Netherlands announced with great fanfare this week that they were joining the genocide application launched by Gambia against Myanmar at the International Court of Justice in The Hague as intervenors.

Gambia filed the case last fall on behalf of the 57 Muslim countries in the Organization of Islamic Co-operation under the 1948 Genocide Convention.

More than 850,000 Rohingya Muslims have fled Rakhine state after being targeted by Myanmar security forces, who killed thousands while burning villages and engaging in ethnic cleansing and gang rape.

And......so somebody else intervene because Canada isn't qualified to intervene. By intervene, I mean with legalish documents because that will stop everything.
Is canada mistreating native women now?

This is what the reference is to:

This is what the reference is to:
I concede that official government policy in both canada and the US was very bad for the Indians

and much of the time at least in America qualify as genocide

but that ended before either of us were born and what is left are weird studies like yours by leftwing kooks who prattle on about policies that are far from genocide in my opinion

for instance:

"Modern Canadian policies perpetuate these colonial legacies, and have resulted in clear patterns of violence and marginalization of Indigenous peoples, particularly women, girls and 2SLGBTQQIA (two-spirit, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning, intersex and asexual)."

2SLGBTQQIA?

dont make me laugh

people who use terms like that are clearly not in touch with reality

Forum List

Back