Indiana school district loses $300K because students refuse to buy first lady’s healt

well I'll be damned..Food cop wasn't what I called it, food NAZI was more like it

SNIP:

Comments (1000)
By Jessica Chasmar

-

The Washington Times

Thursday, July 11, 2013

School officials in Carmel Clay, Ind., said they lost $300,000 last school year because students are rejecting the healthy menu changes brought on by First Lady Michelle Obama’s federal lunch regulations.

“I’ve had a lot of complaints, especially with the little guys,” Linda Wireman, a food service director for North White School Corp., told JCOnline. “They get a three-quarters cup of vegetables, but if it’s something they don’t like, it goes down the garbage disposal. So there are a lot of complaints they’re going home hungry.”

Amy Anderson, the food service director for the school district, said the rules made her feel less like an educator and more like a “food cop.” The changes have even made her consider retiring early.

Lori Shofroth, Tippecanoe School Corp.’s food service director, said many students are throwing food away, putting a dent in the district’s budget.

all of it here
Read more: Indiana school district loses $300K because students refuse to buy first lady's healthy meals - Washington Times
Follow us: [MENTION=39892]Was[/MENTION]htimes on Twitter
This is one method the federal government coerces local entities to kowtow to the political whims of the Beltway.
BTW , with that Iowa sized ass, who the fuck is Moochelle to talk about healthy eating.

The regime might be able to force schools to buy into the failed program but can't force the kids to eat it.

The regime was able to sell their failed program on the basis of an assumption that starving children needed bellies filled with nutritious food. When the reality was this:

“I’ve got kids who can stop at Panera and pick up a sandwich that meets none of these criteria. I’m not maybe your typical school district, and they’re assuming that every student doesn’t have access to food, and that’s incorrect in this community,” Amy Anderson told the paper. “Our kids can just wait and just hop in their BMWs and go to McDonald’s, which they’re rebuilding, making it bigger.”

Read more: Indiana school district loses $300K because students refuse to buy first lady's healthy meals - Washington Times
Follow us: [MENTION=39892]Was[/MENTION]htimes on Twitter

There are plenty of foods that are nutritious but taste good and the kids will eat it.
The nonsense this stupid government is throwing at public schools will end up in the trash.

They could start by allowing schools to use real foods. My high school cafeteria fed us road kill venison and locally grown beef. It was amazing stuff.

Actually, what is happening is the gov't sponsored lunch program, which exists because the gov't determined we have *hunger*...is actually making children more hungry.

Another stellar example of how the government is good for you!

Actually, what is happening is that you're proving that you're a crybaby with no real argument.

Another stellar example of your idiocy. :thup:

Forum List

Back