Indiana school district loses $300K because students refuse to buy first lady’s healt

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
well I'll be damned..Food cop wasn't what I called it, food NAZI was more like it

SNIP:

Comments (1000)
By Jessica Chasmar

-

The Washington Times

Thursday, July 11, 2013

School officials in Carmel Clay, Ind., said they lost $300,000 last school year because students are rejecting the healthy menu changes brought on by First Lady Michelle Obama’s federal lunch regulations.

“I’ve had a lot of complaints, especially with the little guys,” Linda Wireman, a food service director for North White School Corp., told JCOnline. “They get a three-quarters cup of vegetables, but if it’s something they don’t like, it goes down the garbage disposal. So there are a lot of complaints they’re going home hungry.”

Amy Anderson, the food service director for the school district, said the rules made her feel less like an educator and more like a “food cop.” The changes have even made her consider retiring early.

Lori Shofroth, Tippecanoe School Corp.’s food service director, said many students are throwing food away, putting a dent in the district’s budget.

all of it here
Read more: Indiana school district loses $300K because students refuse to buy first lady's healthy meals - Washington Times
Follow us: [MENTION=39892]Was[/MENTION]htimes on Twitter

The regime might be able to force schools to buy into the failed program but can't force the kids to eat it.

The regime was able to sell their failed program on the basis of an assumption that starving children needed bellies filled with nutritious food. When the reality was this:

“I’ve got kids who can stop at Panera and pick up a sandwich that meets none of these criteria. I’m not maybe your typical school district, and they’re assuming that every student doesn’t have access to food, and that’s incorrect in this community,” Amy Anderson told the paper. “Our kids can just wait and just hop in their BMWs and go to McDonald’s, which they’re rebuilding, making it bigger.”

Read more: Indiana school district loses $300K because students refuse to buy first lady's healthy meals - Washington Times

Hey, those Obama knows what is best for all of us

I don't remember voting for MaBell to be a legislator, but I did retire because I didn't sign up to be a FOOD NAZI in the grade school where I worked..

Last edited:
“I’ve had a lot of complaints, especially with the little guys,” Linda Wireman, a food service director for North White School Corp., told JCOnline. “They get a three-quarters cup of vegetables, but if it’s something they don’t like, it goes down the garbage disposal. So there are a lot of complaints they’re going home hungry.”

Really? They're throwing their food away and then bitching about being hungry?
Children in this country are spoiled fucking rotten!!!

“They’re teaching our kids with this meal pattern that it’s OK to throw away,” she told JCOnline.

Just to make sure I get this argument safe - feeding kids vegetables = teaching them to throw food away. Is that what she is arguing?

What a fucking idiot.

Its hardly Michelle Obamas fault that no one in Indiana knows how to cook.

Last edited:

“They’re teaching our kids with this meal pattern that it’s OK to throw away,” she told JCOnline.

Just to make sure I get this argument safe - feeding kids vegetables = teaching them to throw food away. Is that what she is arguing?

What a fucking idiot.

do you work in a school fixing their meals?
or you just know more about it than the people who do work at schools?

Amy Anderson, the food service director for the school district, said the rules made her feel less like an educator and more like a “food cop.” The changes have even made her consider retiring early.[/B]
The food service director feels less like an educator and more like a "food cop".

Just wanted to make sure I got that right.

Amy Anderson, the food service director for the school district, said the rules made her feel less like an educator and more like a “food cop.” The changes have even made her consider retiring early.[/B]
The food service director feels less like an educator and more like a "food cop".

Just wanted to make sure I got that right.

go on with your stupid self..

What a fucking idiot.

What the school is arguing is that the kids throw away the inedible government food, then they wait, so they go a little hungry, they know as soon as they have a chance they can get in their BMWs and drive to McDonalds. Meanwhile, between the time they toss the lunch and they can escape and get something worth eating, they go hungry and have attention problems in class.

What a fucking idiot.

What the school is arguing is that the kids throw away the inedible government food, then they wait, so they go a little hungry, they know as soon as they have a chance they can get in their BMWs and drive to McDonalds. Meanwhile, between the time they toss the lunch and they can escape and get something worth eating, they go hungry and have attention problems in class.

You're wasting your time with that one..He seems to know more about it then those of us who worked at a school

well I'll be damned..Food cop wasn't what I called it, food NAZI was more like it

SNIP:

Comments (1000)
By Jessica Chasmar

-

The Washington Times

Thursday, July 11, 2013

School officials in Carmel Clay, Ind., said they lost $300,000 last school year because students are rejecting the healthy menu changes brought on by First Lady Michelle Obama’s federal lunch regulations.

Amy Anderson, the food service director for the school district, said the rules made her feel less like an educator and more like a “food cop.” The changes have even made her consider retiring early.

Lori Shofroth, Tippecanoe School Corp.’s food service director, said many students are throwing food away, putting a dent in the district’s budget.

all of it here

They don't have to participate in the federal school lunch program.

It is interesting how so called conservatives champion the causes of people who feel they should be able to suck off the teet of the federal government on the terms they themselves decide and free of any conditions.

What a fucking idiot.

What the school is arguing is that the kids throw away the inedible government food[/quo, then they wait, so they go a little hungry, they know as soon as they have a chance they can get in their BMWs and drive to McDonalds.
So in other words - its OBAMA's fault the cooks at the school don't know how to fucking cook and OBAMA's fault the children are spoiled on junk food.

Is that about right?

Meanwhile, between the time they toss the lunch and they can escape and get something worth eating, they go hungry and have attention problems in class.

What the school is arguing is that they should get federal cheese without any conditions attached.

What a fucking idiot.

What the school is arguing is that the kids throw away the inedible government food[/quo, then they wait, so they go a little hungry, they know as soon as they have a chance they can get in their BMWs and drive to McDonalds.
So in other words - its OBAMA's fault the cooks at the school don't know how to fucking cook and OBAMA's fault the children are spoiled on junk food.

Is that about right?

Meanwhile, between the time they toss the lunch and they can escape and get something worth eating, they go hungry and have attention problems in class.

What the school is arguing is that they should get federal cheese without any conditions attached.

gawd, you are an idiot...

What a fucking idiot.

I don't need to work in a school to know how to cook vegetables.

Funny you think that some sort of expert knowledge is needed to counter the argument that "cooking vegetables = throwing food away."

HEY MORONS IN INDIANA, IF YOU COOK A MEAL AND THE PERSON YOU GIVE IT TO THROWS IT IN THE CAN - MAYBE YOU CAN'T COOK?

Last edited:

What a fucking idiot.

oh dear gawd...you should be working at a school then..since you know all about that is what the problem is

The misconception is in understanding the word hunger. We don't have real hunger in the US. We have "ready to eat" and that's what we understand as hunger. The really hungry, the starving, will eat anything. They'll eat the bark off trees, grass, there are truly hungry in North Korea, but not in the US. Since we don't have real hunger, not for anyone, people have food choices. The poor have food choices. They too can reject the obamacrap served up, wait until they get home and have a whole bag of potato chips.

The government made a very poor decision when it decided that the school food program could be used to educate palates and children would prefer the tofu lunches with intentionally small portions to something else.

oh dear gawd...you should be working at a school then..since you know all about that is what the problem is

Maybe I'll apply at the school you work at. Where is that?

How long have you been a lunch lady?

I was at a high school my first year and at the grade school for three years..I just resigned because I didn't sign up to FORCE food on children that they weren't going to eat..so by all means you should go work for them..

The poor have food choices. They too can reject the obamacrap served up, wait until they get home and have a whole bag of potato chips.

Wow - so they can reject "crap" like green vegetables, and wait to get home to eat some real nourishing food like potato chips. Got it.

The government made a very poor decision when it decided that the school food program could be used to educate palates and children would prefer the tofu lunches with intentionally small portions to something else.

Sounds like Indiana schools made a poor decision when they decided to suck off the teet of the federal government, right? Maybe they should just quit whining like a bunch of weak kneed liberals, take some personal responsibility, and withdraw from the school lunch program?

What a fucking idiot.

Is that about right?

It's not like the federal money is helping. They are spending it on useless garbage. That's why so many school districts are pulling out of the program.

Catlin, Illinois confirms the kids were hungry under Michelle Obama’s program:

School officials decided to pull out of the National School Lunch Program earlier this spring, after seeing a decline in the number of meals that were served and too much food going into the garbage last year, the paper reported.

Officials in New York’s Burnt Hills-Ballston Lake school district have become the latest to opt out of the National School Lunch Program, citing “hungry, frustrated children plus lost income.”

There should be a PSA ad aired on every television station that tugs at those emotional heart strings, “Help prevent starving children in America—vote out all Democrat representatives.”

The Gateway Pundit | Where Hope Finally Made a Comeback

The answer is, as you said, pull out of the program entirely. Or, force Big Moo to eat the same food served up in the schools.

The poor have food choices. They too can reject the obamacrap served up, wait until they get home and have a whole bag of potato chips.

Wow - so they can reject "crap" like green vegetables, and wait to get home to eat some real nourishing food like potato chips. Got it.

Sounds like Indiana schools made a poor decision when they decided to suck off the teet of the federal government, right? Maybe they should just quit whining like a bunch of weak kneed liberals, take some personal responsibility, and withdraw from the school lunch program?

wow, they "decided" to suck off the teet of the federal government...man do you live in REALITY? and when did we become a communist country?

Forum List

Back