Increase In Domestic Violence During Stay At Home

okfine

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2019
Gold Coast
Since a very high percentage of 911 calls are for domestic problems, I can imagine law enforcement could be even more overwhelmed. My landlord was telling me out of the 225 doors she manages, tenants have been calling her to report out of control tenants.
One of those call happened where, supposedly, a married couple got into it. The woman had been drinking more since her two young kids are at home. The man gets home from work and all hell breaks loose. The tenant who called was mad that someone's dog was barking and it was the landlords fault for allowing dogs. Turns out that the barking was from a K-9 while trying to subdue the man for slapping his wife on the hand when she attacked him. Subsequently, the man went to jail.

"Police departments across the country are reporting a spike in domestic violence cases as stay-at-home orders put victims and their abusers in constant proximity.
Experts who study domestic violence say the increases, however, are almost certainly under-reported because some victims cannot get away from their abusers to call police."

Same here. The bitches are unglued because hubby aint got $$$ for hair and nails and lipstick right now. Nagging leads to a good slap.

Since a very high percentage of 911 calls are for domestic problems, I can imagine law enforcement could be even more overwhelmed. My landlord was telling me out of the 225 doors she manages, tenants have been calling her to report out of control tenants.
One of those call happened where, supposedly, a married couple got into it. The woman had been drinking more since her two young kids are at home. The man gets home from work and all hell breaks loose. The tenant who called was mad that someone's dog was barking and it was the landlords fault for allowing dogs. Turns out that the barking was from a K-9 while trying to subdue the man for slapping his wife on the hand when she attacked him. Subsequently, the man went to jail.

"Police departments across the country are reporting a spike in domestic violence cases as stay-at-home orders put victims and their abusers in constant proximity.
Experts who study domestic violence say the increases, however, are almost certainly under-reported because some victims cannot get away from their abusers to call police."

A foreseeable outcome. I'd be surprised if it were not the case. I expect physical child abuse has spiked too.

Real men don't hit women...only cowards do that....
Defending yourself from an erratic drunk mother of your kids seems to be justified. It was either one of the two that goes to jail. In this case it was the breadwinner.

Forum List

Back