incoming ian

insolent imp

Platinum Member
Apr 20, 2022
Florida might get a rough ride
163741_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

Could stall for 24 hrs. off of Tampa as a low pulling it there might move off at just the wrong time.
If so, good-bye Tampa.

Could stall for 24 hrs. off of Tampa as a low pulling it there might move off at just the wrong time.
If so, good-bye Tampa.
it has too much energy to stall. it has been hauling ass since it formed.

I’m not buying much of a stall either. I think the approaching trough is going to pull it north-northeastward and not stall it.

A low North of it is pulling it northwards.
You don't know shit about weather!!
I know an upper level wind shear combined with Sahara dust has been culpable in the slow hurricane season. I know more than you think.

I’m not buying much of a stall either. I think the approaching trough is going to pull it north-northeastward and not stall it.
that's gonna up the chances of tornado activity when is crosses into Georgia.

A hurricane's stalling out is contingent on surrounding fronts, not the amount of energy within it. Harvey stalled over Houston due to an occluded front then intensified to cat 5-6 dumping 60 inches of rain on them.
the gulf is a bit warmer than usual and the shear is down so I think rapid intensification and forward movement.

Going to be a wind and surge problem for Tampa area and as it moves north for portions of western FL. By Sunday night it should be a remnant in central Virginia with some squally rains around DC.

Forum List

Back