In the last 6 months Obama has held 100 fundraisers and 0 meetings on his jobs consel

Wrong. Presidents don't get voted out during soaring economies. Obama has more faith in his ability to campaign and manipulate and distort reality than to actually fix the economy.

Presidents also get re-elected with limp economies... so that isn't much of an argument.

To unseat an incumbant president, you need a number of factors.

1) Dissatisfaction within his own party, manifesting itself in the form of a challenger. Had that with Teddy Roosevelt against Taft in 1912, Reagan against Ford in 1976, Ted Kennedy against Carter in 1980 and Pat Buchanan in 1992.

2) A third party challenger scooping up independents. Such as Ross Perot or John Anderson. Not happening this time.

3) A firm belief that the economy is the fault of the President or the President's party. That's generally not the case here, most fair minded people realize Obama inherited a mess.

4) And this is a key one. A really dynamic candidate that one can rally behind as a challenger. As Boehner said, the only people enthusiastic about Romney are the Mormons.

3) A firm belief that the economy is the fault of the President or the President's party. That's generally not the case here, most fair minded people realize Obama inherited a mess.

Obama didn't inherit a mess....he campaigned and spent millions to convince us he was the right guy to lead us out of a mess. It didn't happen. His efforts are self-centered not nation-centred.

Obama didn't inherit a mess....he campaigned and spent millions to convince us he was the right guy to lead us out of a mess. It didn't happen. His efforts are self-centered not nation-centred.

Actually, he started his campaign in 2007, but the mess didn't hit the fan until September 2008.

On Bush's watch.

So that argument doesn't fly or hold water, guy. Most sensible and fair-minded people know Bush completely fucked this up. Even Repubicans admit as much, which is why the 43rd President is keeping such a low profile. No one even wants to be caught having a non-alcholic drink with him.

With all due respect, you make no sense.
If there was no mess, why would he campaign on leading you out of a mess...that doesn't exist...?

So that argument doesn't fly or hold water, guy. Most sensible and fair-minded people know Bush completely fucked this up.

Most sensible people know what a leader is and what is expected when one purports to step up and what it takes fix a problem.

Blame and excuses form leaders don't sit well with most sensible and fair-minded people whether its a president, a coach or a boss.

If there was no mess, why would he campaign on leading you out of a mess...that doesn't exist...?

There was a mess. Obama campaigned and was elected to fix the mess.

He has not.

He has given excuses.

He has not.

He has given excuses.

So now there WAS a mess.

Okay. Now that I know what I'm dealing with, I won't waste any more time.

My kingdom for honest political discussion. Maybe one day. Too many dishonest folks right now.

He has not.

He has given excuses.

Not wanting to be picky here but you wrote;
Obama didn't inherit a mess

Didnt inherit. He asked, paid and made deals to be put in charge of the mess to fix it.

He didnt get it done. In fact he compounded the mess.

He has not.

He has given excuses.

Not wanting to be picky here but you wrote;
Obama didn't inherit a mess

Didnt inherit. He asked, paid and made deals to be put in charge of the mess to fix it.

He didnt get it done. In fact he compounded the mess.

I'm very sorry.
I misunderstood.
I wasn't aware that English was your second language.
My apologies.

So that argument doesn't fly or hold water, guy. Most sensible and fair-minded people know Bush completely fucked this up.

Most sensible people know what a leader is and what is expected when one purports to step up and what it takes fix a problem.

Blame and excuses form leaders don't sit well with most sensible and fair-minded people whether its a president, a coach or a boss.

Most sensible people know that we are in far better shape then we were in during 2009 when unemployment was topping 10% and everyone was afraid of losing their jobs.

They know Obama at least tried SOMETHING.

And frankly, I'm not seeing any "leadership" qualities in Romney. He's pretty much kissing the rings of the most extreme elements of his party, and not manning up and answering sensible questions like 'where are your tax returns?"

Most sensible people know that we are in far better shape then we were in during 2009 when unemployment was topping 10% and everyone was afraid of losing their jobs.

And frankly, I'm not seeing any "leadership" qualities in Romney. He's pretty much kissing the rings of the most extreme elements of his party, and not manning up and answering sensible questions like 'where are your tax returns?"

Better shape ....barely....... due to resiliency of the American working man and woman not Obama's leadership.

I don't like Romney for alot of reasons but I am voting for him out of the two choices for the reasons and success you denigrate him for political purposes. It is the best shot for the next 4 years.

Tell me what the GOP controlled House did to enact any of the recommendations, ass monkey? Why should Obama waste time proposing legislation that would be good for America, when Republicans will refuse to consider anything except their own power grab?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIE8TuqhMbM"]President Obama's Export Council Meeting in Washington DC[/ame]

President Obama's Export Council meets to discuss increasing U.S. exports and creating American jobs. June 6, 2012 President's Export Council Highlights Need for Visa Reforms - In a meeting at the White House today,

strike two, dumb ass.

This thread is about the jobs council, not the export council.
President's Export Council
The President's Export Council serves as the principal national advisory committee on international trade. The Council advises the President of government policies and programs that affect U.S. trade performance; promotes export expansion; and provides a forum for discussing and resolving trade-related problems among the business, industrial, agricultural, labor, and government sectors.

you've got one more shot to actually contribute something meaningful to the thread. Care to try again, dumb ass?

EDIT: BTW, dumb ass, in answer to your question about the recommendations of the jobs council...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390444097904577535311649107428.html
A recent update from the jobs council said the administration has implemented or made significant progress on 54 of the 60 recommendations for executive action.

Last edited:
Better shape ....barely....... due to resiliency of the American working man and woman not Obama's leadership.

I don't like Romney for alot of reasons but I am voting for him out of the two choices for the reasons and success you denigrate him for political purposes. It is the best shot for the next 4 years.

Oh, please. Nothing of the sort.

If the American working man was all that and a bag of chips, so many companies wouldn't have spent the last decade outsourcing to Asia.

Here's the ugly little secret of this recession. It exposes the underlying problem of the investor based economy.

Plant I worked at employed 300 people when I started working there in 2008. Today, we employ about 150. There has not been a 50% drop in sales. Some of the work has been outsourced to our Asian plants, we've done a lot of lean six sigma projects to reduce the amount of manpower in operations. We've outsourced processes to outside vendors we used to do in house. In short, everyone has learned to do more with less people.

While this is probably good for the bottom line, it's bad for the economy overall, and this has been the trend in business since long before Obama got there.

We have never gotten fully out of a depression/recession without a massive influx of government spending. But yet Republicans have repeatedly denied this president that tool. If you take out the tax credits and payments to states, the "Stimulus" was a pittance compared to the New Deal or massive spending Reagan did in the early 1990's.

Now, if you want to have an honest discussion about what is wrong with the economy, that's fine.

If you want to just mindlessly blame everything on Obama to validate your racism, I'm not sure how much time I'm going to waste on you.

ok fine, obama tried and FAILED, now it's time for someone else..he can go back to community agitating where it's not as hard a past time

ok fine, obama tried and FAILED, now it's time for someone else..he can go back to community agitating where it's not as hard a past time

NO, Obama tried, made some progress, but this was an exceptional event.

And since Romney is proposing more of the exact same shit that got us into this mess, let's not do that again. It's like you get your car half prepared and give the keys back to the drunk that wrapped it around the tree to start with.

Forum List

Back