In November when the GOP takes the House back, can they repeal the impeachment resolution?

Should the next GOP congress repeal the impeachment resolution of Donald Trump?

• Yes, repeal would show support for Trump and add one more line in the history books

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No, impeachment cannot be undone, the Senate verdict is final

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

kyzr

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2009
The AL part of PA
Wondering if the next GOP House could repeal impeachment? One source says yes, it could be repealed but not undone. Still, I'd feel better knowing that the impeachment resolution was undone, showing support for Trump and undoing as much of that unfair schitt show as possible.

PrawfsBlawg: Can An Impeachment Be Repealed?
"The answer, I think, is yes. It's never been done before, but I am hard pressed to see why the House is bound by an impeachment passed by a prior one. This is different from an impeachment and a conviction. The Senate's judgment in impeachment trials is final. The impeachment itself, though, is not different from any other House resolution. (There is an analogy here to the Senate's Censure of Andrew Jackson in 1834, which a different Senate expunged three years later.) I doubt, though, that a repeal of an impeachment will mean that people will say that President Trump was not impeached."

Lets take a poll, even if the formal original "impeachment and verdict" wouldn't be removed, it would still show some fairness toward Trump and that the original impeachment resolution was partisan.

Well, my opinion is since they plotted this since the day he was elected, repealing the impeachment resolution is the only fair thing to do.

Wondering if the next GOP House could repeal impeachment? One source says yes, it could be repealed but not undone. Still, I'd feel better knowing that the impeachment resolution was undone, showing support for Trump and undoing as much of that unfair schitt show as possible.

PrawfsBlawg: Can An Impeachment Be Repealed?
"The answer, I think, is yes. It's never been done before, but I am hard pressed to see why the House is bound by an impeachment passed by a prior one. This is different from an impeachment and a conviction. The Senate's judgment in impeachment trials is final. The impeachment itself, though, is not different from any other House resolution. (There is an analogy here to the Senate's Censure of Andrew Jackson in 1834, which a different Senate expunged three years later.) I doubt, though, that a repeal of an impeachment will mean that people will say that President Trump was not impeached."

Lets take a poll, even if the formal original "impeachment and verdict" wouldn't be removed, it would still show some fairness toward Trump and that the original impeachment resolution was partisan.

If Nancy and the dems do not send the Articles of impeachment over to the senate, this thread becomes relevant.
The next congress could simply repeal the impeachment resolution......like it never even happened.....

Forum List

Back