Individual Mandate Ruled Illegal

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Being forced to buy a product you don’t want.
Leftardism in full glory.

A federal appeals court ruled Wednesday the Affordable Care Act’s individual mandate runs afoul of the Constitution now that it is no longer a tax.

The 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, in a 2-1 decision, remanded the case back to the lower court to evaluate whether other parts of the Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare, can still stand.

“There is no other constitutional provision that justifies this exercise of congressional power,” wrote Judge Jennifer Elrod, a Bush appointee. . . .

After facing a number of legal battles, the Supreme Court upheld the individual mandate in 2012, saying it was a tax under the Constitution’s taxing powers.

But in 2017, as part of the Republican majority’s tax overhaul bill, the penalty for failing to purchase healthcare coverage was changed to zero — leading to the current legal battle over whether the individual mandate can still legally stand as a tax.

Obamacare individual mandate ruled illegal

Progress towards undoing the hideous Obamacare.

"A federal appeals court on Wednesday struck down part of the Affordable Care Act, ruling that its requirement that most Americans carry insurance is unconstitutional while sending back to a lower court the question of whether the rest of the law can stand without it."

Appeals court rules ACA’s individual mandate unconstitutional; lower court to decide whether rest of law can stand without it

trump-winning-poster-01.jpg

Ok, now what? If Obamacare is ruled unconstitutional and killed, what do we do for good healthcare insurance?

ObamaCare was not ruled unconstitutional, just the forcing of people to buy insurance.

All of the thousands of hospital killing rules and regulations are still there since the Repubs do not care to repeal it.

The Republicans can't repeal Obamacare. Then the tard herd will figure out they don't have the replacement Trump promised them he had.

The Republicans can't repeal Obamacare. Then the tard herd will figure out they don't have the replacement Trump promised them he had.

Trump has a replacement he is holding onto till after the election if he wins...it is called healthcare for everyone, aka universal healthcare.

Just a little reminder for the amnesiac goldfish pseudocons of what health care costs were doing BEFORE Obamacare. In fact, this is exactly WHY we have Obamacare:

2013-09-Health-Care-Costs3.png

Trump has a replacement he is holding onto till after the election if he wins...it is called healthcare for everyone, aka universal healthcare.
I bet the rubes are stupid enough to believe that Trump really, really does have an Obamacare replacement this time, but he has to hold it until after the next election because (fill in the blank).

I bet they actually are that stupid.

And it won't occur to a single one of the pointy heads to ask to see it.

Just like they never asked to see it last time.

Trump counts on that kind of willful stupidity.

Being forced to buy a product you don’t want.
Leftardism in full glory.

A federal appeals court ruled Wednesday the Affordable Care Act’s individual mandate runs afoul of the Constitution now that it is no longer a tax.

The 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, in a 2-1 decision, remanded the case back to the lower court to evaluate whether other parts of the Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare, can still stand.

“There is no other constitutional provision that justifies this exercise of congressional power,” wrote Judge Jennifer Elrod, a Bush appointee. . . .

After facing a number of legal battles, the Supreme Court upheld the individual mandate in 2012, saying it was a tax under the Constitution’s taxing powers.

But in 2017, as part of the Republican majority’s tax overhaul bill, the penalty for failing to purchase healthcare coverage was changed to zero — leading to the current legal battle over whether the individual mandate can still legally stand as a tax.

Obamacare individual mandate ruled illegal

The SC will over turn it. Roberts will once again let it stand.

For those of you who still refuse to acknowledge the existence of the Tenth Amendment, consider that the Individual Mandate was clearly felt by Congress to promote the GENERAL WELFARE, however, because Congress lacks the POWER under Article I to force people to buy health insurance, the mandate is crushed by the Tenth Amendment.

A STATE LEGISLATURE could do this (create and enforce a mandate), but Congress cannot.

For those of you who still refuse to acknowledge the existence of the Tenth Amendment, consider that the Individual Mandate was clearly felt by Congress to promote the GENERAL WELFARE, however, because Congress lacks the POWER under Article I to force people to buy health insurance, the mandate is crushed by the Tenth Amendment.

A STATE LEGISLATURE could do this (create and enforce a mandate), but Congress cannot.

Just stop, the Admin went to the Court claiming it WASN'T a "tax", Roberts corrected them saying it WAS a "tax" and that's how it passed.

In this thread, I learned Obamacare is shitty, the mandate is unconstitutional, and it's all somehow Trump's fault.
Obamacare still exists because the tard herd bleeved him when he said he was going to immediately repeal and replace it.

So, yeah. It is Trump's fault.

Well, it is actually the rube herd's fault for bleeving such an obvious liar.

I mean, just how stupid do you have to be not to even ask for Trump to show his plan? Obama put his on the table BEFORE the 2008 election. That's the kind of balls Trump is totally lacking.

But Trump doesn't care. He depends on the rubes being that stupid.

"You're going to have such great health care at a tiny fraction of the cost, and it's going to be so easy."

In this thread, I learned Obamacare is shitty, the mandate is unconstitutional, and it's all somehow Trump's fault.
Obamacare still exists because the tard herd bleeved him when he said he was going to immediately repeal and replace it.

I mean, just how stupid do you have to be not to even ask for Trump to show his plan? Obama put his on the table BEFORE the 2008 election. That's the kind of balls Trump is totally lacking.

"You're going to have such great health care at a tiny fraction of the cost, and it's going to be so easy."

You're a lying sack of shit.

If a known huckster stands there and tell you he has a "terrific" plan, and you bleev him and don't even ask to see that plan, what does that tell you about what he thinks of you?

After all, he KNEW you rubes wouldn't challenge him on his lies.

So what does that tell you about what he thinks of you?

He knows that even know. He knows you will never challenge him on his bullshit.

Think about what that tells you about what he thinks of you.

Daily reminder that Congressional Democrats passed Obamacare (without reading it,I might add) with no Republicans voting for it,and Obama -- a Democrat -- signed it into law (without reading it, I might add).

But morons blame Trump.

Forum List

Back