In movies and t.v....why do the actors in really hot climates wear leather jackets?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Something I have noticed over the years......you will have a movie or t.v. show set in Los Angeles, or some other really hot climate location....and the characters are wearing layers of clothing, long coats or leather jackets.....what is with that...how do they keep from sweating visibly.....?

Leather jackets are fucking cool!

Leather jackets are fucking cool!

1626893760277.png

Because after a while the aroma keeps them skeeters at bay.
Why do you think TMZ never reported Cher as having the crabz ?
13789919684dccffb2d9562e972e9ae3.jpg

Why do you think Los Angeles has a hot climate? ... upper 70's to low 80's is usually considered mild ... mornings are in the lower 60's ... mid-day humidity is almost always 40% ...

My advice to folks Back East who want to visit The West in Summer ... bring a set of warm clothes ... you'll need them ... had kin come visit from Florida in August, shorts and tank tops, lows in the 40's, highs in the 60's ... I warned them ... they didn't listen ...

That's the Big Deal about Southern California ... the climate is always mild ... cool summers, warm winters ... not many clouds ... yet still a day-trip to the snow ...

Why do you think Los Angeles has a hot climate? ... upper 70's to low 80's is usually considered mild ... mornings are in the lower 60's ... mid-day humidity is almost always 40% ...

My advice to folks Back East who want to visit The West in Summer ... bring a set of warm clothes ... you'll need them ... had kin come visit from Florida in August, shorts and tank tops, lows in the 40's, highs in the 60's ... I warned them ... they didn't listen ...

That's the Big Deal about Southern California ... the climate is always mild ... cool summers, warm winters ... not many clouds ... yet still a day-trip to the snow ...
SF is freezing in the summer
Also, the Pacific Ocean is freaking cold

Something I have noticed over the years......you will have a movie or t.v. show set in Los Angeles, or some other really hot climate location....and the characters are wearing layers of clothing, long coats or leather jackets.....what is with that...how do they keep from sweating visibly.....?
LOL...like all us Naval Aviators....wearing our leather flight jackets (yes I'm that old) no matter the weather. Now they are green nylon and not so impressive.

HAha... that was especially true in macho movies in the 70s.

SF is freezing in the summer
Also, the Pacific Ocean is freaking cold

Yeah, that's Northern California ... and there's no hanging around in the ocean water, it's get in, splash a minute or two and get the hell out again ... pretty much wet-suits up here in Oregon to go into the water ... about five minutes until hypothermia sets in ...

Yes, I know, I've swam in the Atlantic off of Cape Cod in November ... warm as bath water ...

Yeah, that's Northern California ... and there's no hanging around in the ocean water, it's get in, splash a minute or two and get the hell out again ... pretty much wet-suits up here in Oregon to go into the water ... about five minutes until hypothermia sets in ...

Yes, I know, I've swam in the Atlantic off of Cape Cod in November ... warm as bath water ...
I went camping with friends in Ensenada Mexico
One of them offered me a wet suit and coming from the east I laughed expecting tropical waters

I froze my ass off

Yeah, I heard san francisco is freezing....but it seems like Los Angeles is a hot place.

Los Angeles is hot compared to San Francisco ... but mild compared to, say, Atlanta ...

San Francisco isn't "freezing" per se ... highs in the lower 60's, lows in the lower 50's, three hundred sixty-five days a year !!! ... and if the wind isn't howling at 40 mph, it's foggy, pee-soup foggy ... bear in mind, I grew up just off the southwest corner of SF in the Westlake neighborhood of Daly City ... pretty much right against the Pacific Ocean ... across the penisula against the Bay, it's a better weather generally ... more sunny days, less wind, warmer temperatures ... and this is where SFO is, so the weather reports tend to be more optimisic than what is seen across The City ...

The Central Valley is hot ... triple digits for weeks at a time every Summer ... great for agriculture with the rivers near bank-full with snow-melt ... the soils alluvial, almost as good as the soil I farmed in Iowa, just without those inhumane freezing temperatures in Winter ... impossible for human life to exist where temperatures drop below 32ºF IMEIO ...

Forum List

Back