1982 , The Thing !!!

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
Has to be the best horror movie of all time .
I just love how they slowly build things up
. The up close camera shots and eerie music is just amazing and you really feel like you’re there . How they film the corridors is terrific

Plus you have this massive psychological element as nobody knows who is effected .
The dialogue is so real and gritty and the actors are splendid . Real looking men !!

The thing really has no true form and replicates any beings DNA

The complexity of the actual puppet shots when the thing comes alive is astounding.
I also just love the camera angles and the details of the set pieces !!
If I was there , I would have probably let myself die in the cold than be replicated lol

. The up close camera shots and eerie music is just amazing and you really feel like you’re there . How they film the corridors is terrific

Plus you have this massive psychological element as nobody knows who is effected .
The dialogue is so real and gritty and the actors are splendid . Real looking men !!

Well, I'm not sure it is the absolute BEST horror movie of all time, but it COULD be. It has to be in the top 5. I bet I've watched the movie 30 times.

The effects are a bit dated now.

It just might be the best ever REMAKE of a horror movie, way better than the original.

I thought the doctor, played by Wilford Brimley, really MADE the movie when he was telling others with dread how the alien could hide among them as other things.

Poor Wilford just passed away I think about a year ago.

"I know you gentlemen have been through a lot and when you find the time, I'd rather not spend the rest of this winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!!" :auiqs.jpg:

Yes, Jack, that scene with Donald Moffat was the quintessential epic comic relief moment of this great movie!

Donald-Moffat_1.jpg

The horror scenes are so creepy !!
The thing has no natural form

I assume when it became a giant spider that was another alien it replicated on a different world

The movie builds tension so well.
Maybe to well

The ending ?, the cliff hanger is great

toobfreak
I have only seen it twice but a third is coming this Halloween
This and 1979 , Alien are my favs

Yes, the original Alien is another one of the best all time horror flicks. Honorable mention also goes out to 'The Andromeda Strain,' based on real events, that most people never stopped to realize it too was a horror movie of sorts (made all the worse by the fact that such a thing could and almost did really happen).

Sorry but the original in 1951 was better

The complexity of the actual puppet shots when the thing comes alive is astounding.
I also just love the camera angles and the details of the set pieces !!
If I was there , I would have probably let myself die in the cold than be replicated lol
Watched that movie in the mid eighties. Wifey said "look at that thing". I think Ron Jeremy was the star

The Thing ! one of the best ! Alien one of the best ! The Shining one of the best ! have any of you ever seen the Changeling staring one of the best actors of all time George C Scott ? its also a great movie ! not as in your face horror as the above mentioned but definitely creepy !

The original was better in my opinion....

Excellent Howard Hawks film, but quite different, lacking the creepy suspicious atmosphere of the original short story "Who Goes There?" by John W. Campbell.

Carpenter's was much closer, and had the advantage of Rob Bottin's genius puppetry. I remember people walking out at the premiere when the dog split. :auiqs.jpg:

Equal though different films in my book.

Forum List

Back