In Light Of Recent Supreme Court Decisions

Independent thinker

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2015
I was wondering, are reparations to blacks even Constitutional? Can you single out a certain race to get something from the government based solely on race at either the state or the federal level? As was brought up in another thread, are reparations just another empty promise from Democrats over something that the SC might find unconstitutional? Do Democrats know this and yet push it anyway in order to buy more votes?

I was wondering, are reparations to blacks even Constitutional? Can you single out a certain race to get something from the government based solely on race at either the state or the federal level? As was brought up in another thread, are reparations just another empty promise from Democrats over something that the SC might find unconstitutional? Do Democrats know this and yet push it anyway in order to buy more votes?
It buys them votes while it divides the people against each other.

A govt that robs Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul but Peter won't take it forever.

Given how the dem plantation took major hits this week I don't think even the negros are that fuckin' stupid. Jack and shit is what that particular ethnicity will get and they know it.

Indeed it seems the only stupid ones are the ones that thought they would get them a free college education.....That sure speaks volumes on the real worth of a college education now doesn't it?

I don't think it is a constitutional issue, just a stupid idea, to be rejected out of hand.

I was wondering, are reparations to blacks even Constitutional?
NO.

Can you single out a certain race to get something from the government based solely on race at either the state or the federal level?
NO.

... are reparations just another empty promise from Democrats over something that the SC might find unconstitutional?
Absolutely.

Do Democrats know this and yet push it anyway in order to buy more votes?
YES.

NOW - that's the way it is today, but I am not at all certain what a future Supreme Court that has a progressive liberal majority might do. Those people have a way of creating constitutional rights out of thin air.

I don't think it is a constitutional issue, just a stupid idea, to be rejected out of hand.
Just figuring out who gets it and who doesn't would be unfathomable.

Why does this black get reparations and that one doesn't?

Why does a Hispanic or an Asian or a whatever get nothing while their black neighbor gets money?

What if a black is descended from a slave but their other side were slave owners?

What if your ancestor was a slave for all or most of their lives while another's ancestor was a slave for only a few weeks?

These are only a few of the possibilities.

NO.

NO.

Absolutely.

YES.

NOW - that's the way it is today, but I am not at all certain what a future Supreme Court that has a progressive liberal majority might do. Those people have a way of creating constitutional rights out of thin air.
We don't need a Supreme Court at all or even a Constitution if the left have their way in deciding everything by popular vote, to hell with laws.

Given how the dem plantation took major hits this week I don't think even the negros are that fuckin' stupid. Jack and shit is what that particular ethnicity will get and they know it.

Indeed it seems the only stupid ones are the ones that thought they would get them a free college education.....That sure speaks volumes on the real worth of a college education now doesn't it?
I have read a few articles today that now say young people are having second thoughts about college since they can't count on it being ruled free by the court. And I guess black people are more discouraged now about going to college since they can't get in with a 2.0 GPA over someone else with a 3.0 GPA.

Why does a Hispanic or an Asian or a whatever get nothing while their black neighbor gets money?

What if a black is descended from a slave but their other side were slave owners?

What if your ancestor was a slave for all or most of their lives while another's ancestor was a slave for only a few weeks?

Like the song said, We didn't get our 40 acres and mule, but we did get you, CC. Well the getting time was over a hundred and 50 years ago, and the statute of limitations, long run out, in my opinion. Those other groups weren't even in the original slave thing, as are black Americans not descended from slaves in America. Not my problem and not a debt owed by present day citizens and taxpayers. They might as well sue the African tribes and present nations that sold them to the slave traders on that continent, though I doubt they will pay, either. Guess they will have to make their way like the sons and daughters of other immigrants.:dunno:

Excellent point.

No, I believe reparations to people based on race will prove unconstitutional. But you can count on Newsome (whom I fear may be the nominee once Biden’s corruption and/or severity of dementia is revealed) will use it to buy votes.

~~~~~~
Lest we forget. The first slave owner in the American colonies was a Black man.

Forum List

Back