In good news for Democrats, GDP grew 2.6% last quarter

I don't think Republicans will be talking about GDP change much this week.
This couldn't have happened at a better time for democrats, with the midterms approaching:
Oh, joy, oh delight. Leap about and have great joy. People vote their wallets, not numbers from a government they no longer trust. Only if goods are available and affordable and if jobs are secure and pay well do people think the economy is doing well. Much like going into the wilds of Appalachia and trying to convince coal miners laid off from their jobs that things are great because the homeless in California are getting new services from the government.

I do hope this portends better overall economic news in the future, but I won't hold my breath waiting for it.

This will piss off a lot of the maga folks on here
I went to the store this morneing....yeah......A double dip recession will occur if Dems admit we were on one. Spending triple digits every time I go sucks. It sucks! You freaking evil ph uks!

This will piss off a lot of the maga folks on here
Indeed as will the glut of natural gas in Europe and the US.

Europe's gas shortage has turned into a gas glut | Financial Post​

https://financialpost.com › commodities › energy › eur...

2 days ago — Europe's energy crisis takes surprise turn as gas shortage transforms into glut. Still, analysts say the crisis is far from over.

Why Natural Gas Prices in Europe Are Suddenly Plunging​

https://www.nytimes.com › 2022/10/25 › business › euro...

1 day ago — Companies that sell natural gas, driven by the high prices, flooded the European market. Special ships with huge amounts of liquefied natural ...

Global natural gas glut has US exporters facing worst-case ...​

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg › energy-commodities

Nov 25, 2019 — So far, the premium for winter gas over near-term prices has spurred record American shipments. But European gas prices could potentially slip ...

I don't think Republicans will be talking about GDP change much this week.
This couldn't have happened at a better time for democrats, with the midterms approaching:
Republicans of course prefer poor economic news under democrats. Economic success at this point is bad thing. They care more about winning an election than how the economy actually performs.

That being said, I don’t think this will do enough to sway voters. It’s too close to the election to sink in. Republicans likely have the election in the bag at this point.

Of course this was always expected anyway. The party not in power gets it back in the midterms. That’s historically how it is. Republicans are so desperate for a victory of any kind they will gloat about this non stop when they really shouldn’t. Somehow they win by extension I guess lol

Oh, joy, oh delight. Leap about and have great joy. People vote their wallets, not numbers from a government they no longer trust. Only if goods are available and affordable and if jobs are secure and pay well do people think the economy is doing well. Much like going into the wilds of Appalachia and trying to convince coal miners laid off from their jobs that things are great because the homeless in California are getting new services from the government.

I do hope this portends better overall economic news in the future, but I won't hold my breath waiting for it.
Thats also how many points inflation went up.

Republicans have much more to talk about than the GDP that most people don't care about. I can't see it changing one vote.
Dude, I can't even watch tv at this moment due to all the pro-death ads from every mther fking politician that exists from the demofk side. If there are thirty races, there are thirty ads, repeated every fking hour. Pro-death is big with demofks.

Forum List

Back