In 2013 Trump wished for open borders, free trade and praised Europe

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America

Trump: Europe is terrific place for investment
Trump: Europe is terrific place for investment - CNN.com
I think we've all become aware of the fact that our cultures and economics are intertwined. It's a complex mosaic that cannot be approached with a simple formula for the correct pattern to emerge. In many ways, we are in unchartered waters.

The good news, in one respect, is that what is done affects us all. There won't be any winners or losers as this is not a competition. It's a time for working together for the best of all involved. Never before has the phrase "we're all in this together" had more resonance or relevance.

My concern is that the negligence of a few will adversely affect the majority. I've long been a believer in the "look at the solution, not the problem" theory. In this case, the solution is clear. We will have to leave borders behind and go for global unity when it comes to financial stability.
Europe is a terrific place for investment. I am proud to have built a great golf course in Scotland after searching throughout Europe for five years for the right location. I've seen many beautiful places.

The future of Europe, as well as the United States, depends on a cohesive global economy. All of us must work toward together toward that very significant common goal.

Holy shit! This guy flip 180 degrees in 2 years on this issue.

But hillary supports open borders NOW.

Admit it. You just want us to stay home.

If you were confident about your candidate you wouldn't be trying this hard to suppress the vote.

Name ANY topic, and Trump has flipped on it at least once, and in many cases several times.

There is nothing in the link provided that suggests Trump was ever in favor of open borders pertaining to immigration. Trump was talking about the global economy and the need to strike a proper balance in world trade. The words he used were these: “We will have to leave borders behind and go for global unity when it comes to financial stability.”

Trump was clearly talking about opening our country to trade with other nations, not extending an open invitation to hordes of unvetted immigrants which we all know would include criminals and terrorists. Open borders and unrestricted immigration is the dream of Hillary Clinton, not Donald Trump.

When it comes to foreign trade, Trump showed he knows how to play the game. In the process of building his business empire he has identified and taken advantage of international opportunities. Trump understands the importance of foreign markets. The following are excerpts from the link:

“You ask about Europe in crisis as an opportunity for investment. I see the world in crisis at the moment. I'm a firm believer that there are always opportunities whether the markets or up or down, but it requires insight and sometimes creativity to see those opportunities. I have no doubt that the balance we need will be achieved, but it won't happen overnight.”

“The future of Europe, as well as the United States, depends on a cohesive global economy. All of us must work toward together toward that very significant common goal.”

Conclusion: Trump has always been against open borders when it comes to immigration. When it comes to foreign trade Trump realizes the necessity of working within a global market, providing that a proper balance is attained, a balance which is beneficial to the United States.

You loserterians are fools to trust this guy.

But you're lying in your OP. Why should anyone trust you?
It's been 3 long years since 2013, many events have happened. Like refugees crisis and multiple terror attacks in Europe. Smart people actually try to learn from somebody's mistakes. But not the liberals. Those apparently will never grow up and keep stepping on the same rake.

Last edited:

Trump: Europe is terrific place for investment
Trump: Europe is terrific place for investment - CNN.com
I think we've all become aware of the fact that our cultures and economics are intertwined. It's a complex mosaic that cannot be approached with a simple formula for the correct pattern to emerge. In many ways, we are in unchartered waters.

The good news, in one respect, is that what is done affects us all. There won't be any winners or losers as this is not a competition. It's a time for working together for the best of all involved. Never before has the phrase "we're all in this together" had more resonance or relevance.

My concern is that the negligence of a few will adversely affect the majority. I've long been a believer in the "look at the solution, not the problem" theory. In this case, the solution is clear. We will have to leave borders behind and go for global unity when it comes to financial stability.
Europe is a terrific place for investment. I am proud to have built a great golf course in Scotland after searching throughout Europe for five years for the right location. I've seen many beautiful places.

The future of Europe, as well as the United States, depends on a cohesive global economy. All of us must work toward together toward that very significant common goal.

Holy shit! This guy flip 180 degrees in 2 years on this issue.
he evolved.....

Forum List

Back