Impeachment Inquiry: No Lawyer Or "Due Process" for Trump?

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

It was just explained to me that for next weeks Fake Hearing (trial) in the House, as they interview Never Trumpers and others, I get NO LAWYER & NO DUE PROCESS. It is a Pelosi, Schiff, Scam against the Republican Party and me. This Witch Hunt should not be allowed to proceed!

7:16 AM - 7 Nov 2019
  • 35,631 Retweets
  • 132,838 Like
Donald Trump and his allies have been objecting to the rules of the House Impeachment process from Day 1.
I think it's time to focus their ire towards the authors of those rules, if that makes them feel better. They should pound their anger out in a major press conference, with the list of rules on a large board that they object to.
The problem is, they would have to direct there complaints at Republican legislation that set the rules.
===========================================
Trump might label this an attack on “due process,” but his fight isn’t with Speaker Nancy Pelosi or Schiff, it’s with the Republican-led investigative committees who instituted this precedent during their investigations of President Bill Clinton’s administration in 1997 and 1998. That practice was extended in the 112th, 113th, 114th and 115th congresses.
For all Trump’s griping about lawyers, the House impeachment inquiry isn’t a trial at all. But the reason he won’t have a lawyer representing his interests in the hearings is because Republicans made a point to continue the procedure during the Benghazi investigation. During that investigation, Republican committee members approved rules specifically stipulating that “counsel … for agencies under investigation may not attend.”
We’ve seen this pattern of Trump and Republicans objecting to rules they created consistently throughout the impeachment investigation.
In recent weeks, House Republicans have extended a lot of energy and rhetoric railing against “closed-door depositions.” Yet, according to a report released by congressional investigative experts at Co-Equal, a group intended to help Congress remain a check on the executive branch, House Republicans conducted depositions of more than 140 administration officials during their impeachment inquiry of Clinton. While the Trump administration has tried to obstruct the current impeachment investigation by blocking witnesses from appearing for depositions, during the Benghazi inquiry alone, House Republicans took testimony from more than 60 career employees who served under President Barack Obama.

Opinion | Trump has the GOP to blame for the impeachment rules he hates so much
One would think, that Trump and his allies, would brush up the rules, how they actually apply to Trump and basically learning about the entire process of Presidential Impeachment.
Maybe, they should all read the Constitution about impeachment and accept the fact it is 100% Constitutionally a legal process.
Most Americans prefer facing their accuser and being able to ask questions-it is just a silly fairness thing we have, regardless of any process, from anybody, at any time. TRANSPARENCY NOW!

How about transparency by the least transparent president in history?
He has hidden his high school and college grades. Now Obama also did that but as records do show he graduated Cum laude.
Trump promised to release his tax returns , he lied (again). And he has been in court for years fighting their release (and losing)
Compared with every previous presidents, he has stonewalled requests and subpoenas at a record pace.
Yeah, let’s talk transparency!
He showed the transcript-no other president has done that. So your theory is crap. Go back to praising Obama-it made you sound more credible.

The complete transcript is locked away in a secret server.
What were you trying to say?
Read the transcript we have-not the Adam Schiff fairy tales for idiots and Democrats version.

I'm glad the dems are doing this in a biased way...the people know fairness and they know this isn't fair....this tells me that the dems once again have a big very expensive nothing burger on their hands....from Russia to the Ukraine....now Durham get your ass in gear....

You did a great job of describing the Little Trumpster stance, but I don’t think it covers the rest of America.
Its very obvious for anyone paying attention that most of the media are one sided in this whole episode...so why would you believe their polls?...you will be very surprised just how many people think this for what it is...just another fishing expedition and witch hunt in a lame attempt to undo the 2016 election....move ahead at your own risk dear democrat....

Schiff's little sideshow is failing from within....with the lack of due process he has allowed Trump...Trump should be in Jail by now....but Schiff just doesn't have the goods...Trump didn't do anything....so even this one sided closed door basement impeachment will fail...just like MeeeeeeeeeeUUUUULLERRRRRRRR did.....buuuuuuhahahahahahahahahahaha......stupid dems...and even dumber dem voters.....:113::113::113::113:

Yep, that's the point. The man who ordered his entire administration preemptively, before anyone could ask a question, to take the Fifth, is whining about "transparency".

Also, since when are the would-be defendant and his legal representatives allowed to trail the police while they are investigating the crime, or interfere with witnesses before charges have been filed?

Ludicrous. Also of note, our fine Trumpletons swallow. Again. And again. And again... Amazing.

Schiff's little sideshow is failing from within....with the lack of due process he has allowed Trump...Trump should be in Jail by now....but Schiff just doesn't have the goods...Trump didn't do anything....so even this one sided closed door basement impeachment will fail...just like MeeeeeeeeeeUUUUULLERRRRRRRR did.....buuuuuuhahahahahahahahahahaha......stupid dems...and even dumber dem voters.....:113::113::113::113:
Delusional cultist nonsense. Trump has no right to any "due process" as you cuktists describe it, anymore than any other,impeached president. You fools are regurgitating talking points invented out of thin air by oaid liars. Except you arent getting paid, which you should realize is embarrassing for you.

I can't understand so much disrespect against the President of the United States of America.

I see people with poor decent background and strong appetite to change our society into Sodom and Gomorrah, who can't enjoy their breakfast early in the morning if they don't attack our president first. I guess they can't even sleep at nights planning how they can harm him next day with greater results.

That is known as "evil".

Because those attackers of president Trump, today I strongly believe that evil can indeed posses a person. I can't think different, they come with more and more diabolic ideas each day, inventing that our president has breaking the rules of the Constitution, and more nonsense which from my point of view is just babbling.

President Trump is a man like everyone of us, but he is the President, and he deserves respect.

Besides, regardless of his unique personality, he is fighting for a better America, and he is being successful doing so. I don't see any better future right now for America with any of the current Democrat candidates. I have watched the debates and they lack of soul, one can notice they just want to win the race but have no heart for being a good president.

This impeachment process is an attempt against the principles of democracy, when a group of Democrats with tyrannical strategy wants to remove the elected president of United States from office.

Such is unacceptable.

Yep, that's the point. The man who ordered his entire administration preemptively, before anyone could ask a question, to take the Fifth, is whining about "transparency".

Also, since when are the would-be defendant and his legal representatives allowed to trail the police while they are investigating the crime, or interfere with witnesses before charges have been filed?

Ludicrous. Also of note, our fine Trumpletons swallow. Again. And again. And again... Amazing.
YOU are sooooo wrong-Trump exposed the transcript-why does not schiff let the whistle blower, the start of all this to be questioned-is it collusion by Schiff and Eric C? LOOK at those facts, whiner.

Delusional cultist nonsense. Trump has no right to any "due process" as you cuktists describe it, anymore than any other,impeached president. You fools are regurgitating talking points invented out of thin air by oaid liars. Except you arent getting paid, which you should realize is embarrassing for you.
Here's a talking point for ya.....this too will blow up in the dems faces...and it looks like the timing could not be better....it will fall apart just before the 2016 election and Pelosi will retire as the worse dem speaker in history....so suck on that tard.....

I'm glad the dems are doing this in a biased way...the people know fairness and they know this isn't fair....this tells me that the dems once again have a big very expensive nothing burger on their hands....from Russia to the Ukraine....now Durham get your ass in gear....

You speak for the people? That's really funny (or schizophrenia)

I speak for more of them than you do.....you will find this out in 2020....

Why is everyone treating the investigation like it is a trial? The Trial is in the Senate, later. If Articles of Impeachment are even voted on.
What's taking them so long anyway? Let's get this show on the road.

Actually it was trump who made the remark that impeachment was a trial, showing once again this man-child's magical thinking and lack of knowledge of COTUS.

Seems schizophrenia if you truly believe you are the second coming of Nostradamus.

Why is everyone treating the investigation like it is a trial? The Trial is in the Senate, later. If Articles of Impeachment are even voted on.

Actually it was trump who made the remark that impeachment was a trial, showing once again this man-child's magical thinking and lack of knowledge of COTUS.
Its a campaign show trial...the reason for the inquiry is not to impeach Trump its an attempt to bring down his approval numbers before 2020....guess what....its not working tards....Buuuuaaaahahahahahahaha
The dems should have to use DNC dollars to fund this charade....

Seems schizophrenia if you truly believe you are the second coming of Nostradamus.
Nostradamus was just a man...flesh and bone....and he was my student when it comes to reading the stupid dems future....

It's like how they passed health care, in dark rooms with even darker deals under the table as they had to bribe members of their own party to vote for it.

In fact, why not just use Reconciliation to impeach Trump and bypass the Senate altogether like they did health care?

It's like how they passed health care, in dark rooms with even darker deals under the table as they attempt to bypass the Senate.

In fact, why not just use Reconciliation to impeach Trump and bypass the Senate altogether like they did health care?
Don't give them any ideas....

The problem is that this investigation is being selectively leaked, OL.

Time, IMHO, to have the WB testify in the committee under oath and subjected to cross examination.
Let the people see exactly what's happening here.

President Trump knows who the WB is, their address, their SSN, and IMHO, the Trumpster has been manipulating the WB from day one.

If the libs are serious, time for them to put their cards on the table.

Because there is no actual impeachment going on. The “inquiry” is nothing more than a fart in the wind by Democrats. They’ve got nothing to run against in the election, our economy is awesome and we aren’t getting into any new stupid wars. The Establishment just couldn’t stand the fact that President Trump didn’t take us to war in Syria, so they are going full steam ahead with this sham.

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

It was just explained to me that for next weeks Fake Hearing (trial) in the House, as they interview Never Trumpers and others, I get NO LAWYER & NO DUE PROCESS. It is a Pelosi, Schiff, Scam against the Republican Party and me. This Witch Hunt should not be allowed to proceed!

7:16 AM - 7 Nov 2019
  • 35,631 Retweets
  • 132,838 Like
Donald Trump and his allies have been objecting to the rules of the House Impeachment process from Day 1.
I think it's time to focus their ire towards the authors of those rules, if that makes them feel better. They should pound their anger out in a major press conference, with the list of rules on a large board that they object to.
The problem is, they would have to direct there complaints at Republican legislation that set the rules.
===========================================
Trump might label this an attack on “due process,” but his fight isn’t with Speaker Nancy Pelosi or Schiff, it’s with the Republican-led investigative committees who instituted this precedent during their investigations of President Bill Clinton’s administration in 1997 and 1998. That practice was extended in the 112th, 113th, 114th and 115th congresses.
For all Trump’s griping about lawyers, the House impeachment inquiry isn’t a trial at all. But the reason he won’t have a lawyer representing his interests in the hearings is because Republicans made a point to continue the procedure during the Benghazi investigation. During that investigation, Republican committee members approved rules specifically stipulating that “counsel … for agencies under investigation may not attend.”
We’ve seen this pattern of Trump and Republicans objecting to rules they created consistently throughout the impeachment investigation.
In recent weeks, House Republicans have extended a lot of energy and rhetoric railing against “closed-door depositions.” Yet, according to a report released by congressional investigative experts at Co-Equal, a group intended to help Congress remain a check on the executive branch, House Republicans conducted depositions of more than 140 administration officials during their impeachment inquiry of Clinton. While the Trump administration has tried to obstruct the current impeachment investigation by blocking witnesses from appearing for depositions, during the Benghazi inquiry alone, House Republicans took testimony from more than 60 career employees who served under President Barack Obama.

Opinion | Trump has the GOP to blame for the impeachment rules he hates so much
One would think, that Trump and his allies, would brush up the rules, how they actually apply to Trump and basically learning about the entire process of Presidential Impeachment.
Maybe, they should all read the Constitution about impeachment and accept the fact it is 100% Constitutionally a legal process.

Fine enough.

But the day will come when the shoe is on the other foot. A Leftard President and a Republican House of Reps.

At that point in time, I don't want to hear any whining from any libs about the process.

YOU are sooooo wrong-Trump exposed the transcript-
False. Goddamn you people will just say anything. Trump hid the call on an inappropriate server as part pf the cover up and then released a doctored summary of the call. Literally everyone on the planet not in a coma understands this. What's your excuse?

Forum List

Back