Imagine. Any Infamous/Major Republican Proposes To Divide Texas Into Four New States. How Would Democrats React?

My_Chinchilla_Is_A_Racist

Platinum Member
Sep 17, 2022
Somewhere In Florida
I think we all know the answer to this. Imagine, no matter which GOP nominee wins in 2024, he brings this up during his rallies? speaks of Texas just being too big of a state to manage, and that we really need to break it up into four new states.
Yah, it's pretty obvious how the lefties would react. and and some point declare the nominee a racist/hitler as we approach the November election.

I think we all know the answer to this. Imagine, no matter which GOP nominee wins in 2024, he brings this up during his rallies? speaks of Texas just being too big of a state to manage, and that we really need to break it up into four new states.
Yah, it's pretty obvious how the lefties would react. and and some point declare the nominee a racist/hitler as we approach the November election.
Democrats, not lefties - confusing the two is like believing the Nazis were Jewish.

What makes you think the four states would be Republican?

The Tyler-Texas treaty, by which Texas joined the union (the first and only Republic to do so) stipulated that Texas could later be subdivided into up to four separate states. This agreement is still in force.

Quote from the relevant Wiki article: "Four new states could ultimately be carved from the former republic – three of them likely to become slave states..."

Deal with it.

One suspects that if Texas attempted to invoke that provision, Congress would, at the very least, get a Constitutional Amendment started that would prevent Texas from doing that and/or allow other states to sub-divide (e.g., California). And don't assume that all of the Texas states would be Republican-dominated or all of any California states would be Democrat-dominated.

They better do something or they will be blue before 2030.....Their cities already are and scrubland don't vote.

Wouldn't it be ironic if it's their Hispanics that pull their ass out of the fire.

While it's obviously a hot-button right now, there are strong political arguments that could support sub-dividing both California and Texas into new states. The biggest argument against, as far as I'm concerned is it would create several new state governments, with all the fraud, waste, and abuse that that would entail.

Just a pipedream.

While it's obviously a hot-button right now, there are strong political arguments that could support sub-dividing both California and Texas into new states. The biggest argument against, as far as I'm concerned is it would create several new state governments, with all the fraud, waste, and abuse that that would entail.

Just a pipedream.
there's only so much room for senators in the chambers! can you imagine all this new construction to squeeze in about 50 more senate seats if 6 or 7 states decide to chop themselves up into 4 new states?

Forum List

Back