I'm watching Rocky IV on TV, imaging if it were made today (spoilers)...

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
As I watch this movie, a relic of my childhood when it was "us vs them" and the Cold War was in full flight, I couldn't help but wonder how today's politically correct generation would have dealt with the same situation. Seeing as the West have to deal with N Korea, China, Russia, ISIS and other dangers. Putting it in perspective using any of the aforementioned villains. The questions to be asked might go something like the following:

Would Rocky have fought to get revenge for Creed's death, or would he have sought out a Safe Space to grieve with play-doh and puppy petting?

Would Paulie have spoken out against the Russians about "keeping their people behind a wall with machines guns", or stated that "You guys are just like us you just have a different domestic policy." While sheepishly apologizing for raising his voice?

Would the boxing match between an American champion boxer and his arch enemy go forward without a pay day with nothing on the line but revenge and pride or would he have held out for multi million dollar purse?

How long would a boxer have survived in the cold log cabin in the middle or Russia before they demanded to cancel the fight and ask to be sent back home as they couldn't hack it?

This is my favourite movie in the series I can't lie, just felt so powerful at that age. Let's hope the new administration can bring back the old American way, the old Rocky! :banana2:

Would love to see a new generation of Rocky's to inspire others to fight for what's right!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back