I'm sick of people using the term "neo-Nazis"

xyz

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2016
I'm not saying that they don't exist, but it implies certain things, like symbolism, certain metaphysical/mythological/race theory beliefs.

Not saying that there should never be any parallels to other groups pointed out, just that most of the time it's gratuitous and serves nothing.

Neo-Nazis don't control any government of any state today, but they do support some.

Neo-fascists, on the other hand, are super-common today. Not to say they are identical to Italian Fascists, but the word "fascist" has become generic even in the 20th century. Several states have neo-Fascist regimes, like India, Hungary, Brazil, the Philippines, Russia, etc. How long they can hold out is another matter.

I'm not saying that they don't exist, but it implies certain things, like symbolism, certain metaphysical/mythological/race theory beliefs.

Not saying that there should never be any parallels to other groups pointed out, just that most of the time it's gratuitous and serves nothing.

Neo-Nazis don't control any government of any state today, but they do support some.

Neo-fascists, on the other hand, are super-common today. Not to say they are identical to Italian Fascists, but the word "fascist" has become generic even in the 20th century. Several states have neo-Fascist regimes, like India, Hungary, Brazil, the Philippines, Russia, etc. How long they can hold out is another matter.
Hey, I'd like some balsamic vinaigrette on the side of that word salad. No croutons, please.

This illustrates the power of words to create false images which become incorporated into public "knowledge." Nazi ideology was, at its core, subservience to Adolph Hitler. There was no consensus (or even much thought) about what to do after his passing. Unless a specific "leader" can be identified, the term "Neo-Nazi" is nothing more than an empty pejorative used against people with whom one disagrees.

Similarly, the term "Neo-Fascist" is used against groups or organizations by individuals who want to portray them as evil and responsible for society's ills. At most, it recalls the preposterous Italian government of the 1930's and early 1940's under the dictatorship of "Benny" Mussolini and his monochromatic followers.. For obvious reasons, the users of this term prefer vague generalities rather than having to provide specific examples of its meaning.

Novell Nazis's just doesn't have the same, evil appeal or connotation ....imho, fascist all the same, new or old.

Forum List

Back