I'm not Much Of A Gadget Guy But I'm Impressed

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
I was at a gun shop and asked for a flashlight to check a rifle bore.....The guy pulled a little O-Lite flashlight out of his pocket and I was amazed at how well it preformed for it's size....I went home and ordered one.....$17.00 shipped.

I've had one of their weapon lights for better than a year and never had to recharge it yet.

I got it in today and charged it up via my laptop and I'm still impressed.

It weighs just .4 oz., and is only 1.50" long. It just fits into a .58 Cal bore so put it at around .577 around. Perfect to stick in a jeans watch pocket.

It's rechargeable via the supplied USB cable.

After a full charge you get 6 hours at the low setting (about like a AAA mini-mag light) and 15 min on high at the 150 lumens setting.

o 004 (2).JPG

I collect a lot of gadgets, but I'm not nearly as obsessed with them as many Asians, particularly Koreans, are, at least the affluent ones are. They are positively manic about having all kinds of them around the house. I just bought a little round hand ratchet thing that is just a dial thing you put assorted screwdriver tips and sockets in that you just dial around. I have no use for it but it was too cool to pass up. Same with my palm nailer. lol just googled 'finger ratchet' and now I want one of the palm sized ones.

Last edited:
I was at a gun shop and asked for a flashlight to check a rifle bore.....The guy pulled a little O-Lite flashlight out of his pocket and I was amazed at how well it preformed for it's size....I went home and ordered one.....$17.00 shipped.

I've had one of their weapon lights for better than a year and never had to recharge it yet.

It weighs just .4 oz., and is only 1.50" long. It just fits into a .58 Cal bore so put it at around .577 around. Perfect to stick in a jeans watch pocket.

After a full charge you get 6 hours at the low setting (about like a AAA mini-mag light) and 15 min on high at the 150 lumens setting.

View attachment 747363
Ebay has some 5mm endoscopes/borescopes/camera with 6 or 8 LED lighting for ridiculous low prices. I want to pick up one for visual inspection of the valve guide bores that I hone to fit the valve stems. It would be really nice to be able to see the cross hatch pattern I leave in the valve guide bores instead of just relying on a small bore gauge & micrometer to get the correct dimensions. My problem is that I am old school like I don't even know what an Android is let alone the diff between a Mac or type C so when ready to purchase, as usual with anything law & electronics, I will need to consult with my son to get the right setup.

View attachment 747363

I'm using a Depstech high-definition WIFI industrial inspection camera that I picked up at Goodwill for $3.99. It has an 8.5mm infrared-illuminated camera on the end that transmits the image to my smart phone through Bluetooth. Haven't been able to get it to work with a PC though.

depstech1.jpg
depstech2.jpg

I'm using a Depstech high-definition WIFI industrial inspection camera that I picked up at Goodwill for $3.99. It has an 8.5mm infrared-illuminated camera on the end that transmits the image to my smart phone through Bluetooth. Haven't been able to get it to work with a PC though.

View attachment 747384View attachment 747385
WOW like the price is right for sure! 8.5mm would just clear a valve guide bore for an 11/32 valve stem which is the most common size of valve stem diameter I use, @ least for the V8 engines. Honestly it looks brand new to me like still in the box no less! What have you used the scope/camera on/in???

WOW like the price is right for sure! 8.5mm would just clear a valve guide bore for an 11/32 valve stem which is the most common size of valve stem diameter I use, @ least for the V8 engines. Honestly it looks brand new to me like still in the box no less! What have you used the scope/camera on/in???

It's too big for a .30 caliber and under borescope, but I have used it to inspect rifle chambers to look for throat wear, large caliber pistols, muzzle loaders, and shotguns.

Those things are great for a lot of things. Last time I used one, I had to get to a bolt waaaaay inside the dash of a car to avoid taking the whole thing apart to get to it.

Forum List

Back