Im new to it all! but the only way to test your beliefs is to hold them to the fire.

And...why is faith partnered with political views?

Just curious.
When encountered with a problem you decide what action to take based on values "which I guess I put as politics since they are one in the same to me" or faith since that can be used without actually believing in it 100% but putting trust into it.

And...why is faith partnered with political views?

Just curious.
When encountered with a problem you decide what action to take based on values "which I guess I put as politics since they are one in the same to me" or faith since that can be used without actually believing in it 100% but putting trust into it.
Separation of church and state. Or rather, how its supposed to be.
Labels. Boxes. I loathe both and refuse to climb in one or have a label on it. But that's me.

When encountered with a problem you decide what action to take based on values
You take whatever action YOU believe to be best, according to YOUR values. Not some political party or church denomination. Go with your gut. You own instincts. YOUR values that make you, you.

Love the Venom avatar by the way.

Welcome to USMB.
Double thanks.

So how crazy are you? We have people here who never go anywhere without their stylish tinfoil hats, and people who claim to have an IQ well over 200 whose goal is to conquer the website and shut down the parts where people have been mean to them. Everybody here has a defect of some type. You could call it the island of misfit toys. If you found your way here, and didn't run away screaming, there is something wrong with you too. So answer the question. How crazy are you?

Last edited:
But aren't your values produced by being subjected to something and anything. My values come from some experience and thought but a person or book can put those experiences and thoughts into me in the first place.
If someone told you something you never heard before and after researching it and coming to the same values as the same person who told you the topic doesn't mean you are following them but instead agree with the same conclusion.

Welcome to USMB.
Double thanks.

So how crazy are you? We have people here who never go anywhere without their stylish tinfoil hats, and people who claim to have an IQ well over 200 whose goal is to conquer the website and shut down the parts where people have been mean to them. Everybody here has a defect of some type. You could call it the island of misfit toys. If you found your way here, and didn't run away screaming, there is something wrong with you too. So answer the question. How crazy are you?
That's what I intend to find out. But for an easy answer I'm more pessimistic when it comes to my own talents and knowledge I doubt I'm as smart or well as I will be in years to come since I assume "certainly hope" that the majority of my faults and flaws are because I'm my age and lack of time spent learning something.

But aren't your values produced by being subjected to something and anything. My values come from some experience and thought but a person or book can put those experiences and thoughts into me in the first place.
If someone told you something you never heard before and after researching it and coming to the same values as the same person who told you the topic doesn't mean you are following them but instead agree with the same conclusion.
Depends on what it is I read or was told. If it goes against my inner gut feelings...I dismiss it. I go with my intuition. I thought most everyone did as well.

Welcome to USMB.
Double thanks.

That's what I intend to find out. But for an easy answer I'm more pessimistic when it comes to my own talents and knowledge I doubt I'm as smart or well as I will be in years to come since I assume "certainly hope" that the majority of my faults and flaws are because I'm my age and lack of time spent learning something.
You are not fully cooked yet (Judge Judy quote). Street smarts, life experiences. All these things you are just beginning to grasp and what will form who you will be in say....30 years, give or take.

You are 21, right? You have a long long LONG way to go. But you already have gut instinct. Learning is fine. We all have our own path. Sometimes you will meet like minded individuals. Sometimes you won't. But you will always take something from that experience.

Depends on what it is I read or was told. If it goes against my inner gut feelings...I dismiss it. I go with my intuition. I thought most everyone did as well.
I'm more logic than feelings one of the future topics I hope to host on this site is the question of "Is empathy a con or pro when finding a solution to a problem?"

I'm more logic than feelings one of the future topics I hope to host on this site is the question of "Is empathy a con or pro when finding a solution to a problem?"
MY gut says "pro". Without empathy...one is....empty of ....something.

I don't smell bacon. I smell ....children. :lol:
giphy.gif

I guess the best way to articulate this is with an example,
Lets take rent laws as this example. When the idea of making landlords not charge high amounts for apartments so the poor can afford them easier sounds nice and makes you feel an empathetic thought for them which can lead you to being for that law but if you put more thought and play it though you find that in the end it hurts the very ones you try to help in the first place.

I guess the best way to articulate this is with an example,
Lets take rent laws as this example. When the idea of making landlords not charge high amounts for apartments so the poor can afford them easier sounds nice and makes you feel an empathetic thought for them which can lead you to being for that law but if you put more thought and play it though you find that in the end it hurts the very ones you try to help in the first place.
Interesting "example".

Sniff. Sniffing.

Made20bacon.png

This post in an intro to myself perhaps I shouldn't start a debate just yet haha
Got carried away apologies

Yeah. Ok. Whatever.

Red flag already is beginning to wave.

Have "fun".

Toodles.

Fall is coming soon, JAN. I think my sniffer is broken. Thankfully, someone just can't resist the IT'S ME IT's ME syndrome.:lol:

Forum List

Back