Im going to buy a hand gun soon. Any suggestions?

Like I said,dogs are only good for early warnings and the racket they make which will wake up the homeowner.
I'm not afraid of dogs,I am afraid of a woken resident with a firearm.
Getting rid of a dog is simple,when they run to the fence or window you cap his/hers ass from outside,of course you'll wake up the residents of the home so it's the same as a barking dog.

At least you made me laugh with...ans cared shirtless"
Glad I could make your day. I’d say early warnings are essential for survival !!
Trained Dogs will alert long before a human could. Secondly, you only spend 8 hours out of a 24 hour day with a shot gun under your bed. The rest of the day you’re likely a long way from a firearm. This is where even minimally trained Rottweiler can take out several assailants in a house he/she knows without ever waking you up. Seriously……dogs are much more dependable them you waking up stumbling around. Besides, if it’s a family member coming in late from party going and you don’t want to shoot by accident while half asleep, the dog will just let you sleep.

of course, I grew up with both dogs and firearms around. Would much rather have a large faithful dog nearby then a gun any day.

Last edited:
Glad I could make your day. I’d say early warnings are essential for survival !!
Trained Dogs will alert long before a human could. Secondly, you only spend 8 hours out of a 24 hour day with a shot gun under your bed. The rest of the day you’re likely a long way from a firearm. This is where even minimally trained Rottweiler can take out several assailants in a house he/she knows without ever waking you up. Seriously……dogs are much more dependable them you waking up stumbling around. Besides, if it’s a family member coming in late from party going and you don’t want to shoot by accident while half asleep, the dog will just let you sleep.

I believe I've already said dogs are great early warning devices....multiple times.
As to your second point I have a gun within reach 24/7. I also have an alarm system and two Boxers who alert when anyone comes to my door.
The Rot is going to take out several home invaders without making a sound? :laughing0301: What a load of shit!!! At the very least the bad dude getting bit by the dog is going to scream his head off.
If a family member comes home late the dog isnt going to attack them anyway. And you have no reason to be alerted in the first place numbnut.
Your scenarios are fucken stupid.

I believe I've already said dogs are great early warning devices....multiple times.
As to your second point I have a gun within reach 24/7. I also have an alarm system and two Boxers who alert when anyone comes to my door.
The Rot is going to take out several home invaders without making a sound? :laughing0301: What a load of shit!!! At the very least the bad dude getting bit by the dog is going to scream his head off.
If a family member comes home late the dog isnt going to attack them anyway. And you have no reason to be alerted in the first place numbnut.
Your scenarios are fucken stupid.
It’s stupid thinking about being well armed while you‘re asleep ; that’s hilarious internet tough guy. More people are shot by accident in a house hold then ever being used for a home invasion which is laughable.

Forum List

Back