I'm Cool With ACB

I'm sure you are familiar with social conservatives and their habit of stamping out fun. They do not care about liberty or freedom of choice. They have appointed themselves guardians of our immortal souls. This woman is a libertarian nightmare.
No, none of that is true, it's a leftist meme that you have fallen for hook, line, and sinker. I thought libertarians believed in individual liberty you know, like the right to worship as one chooses. Apparently you agree with dictators and facists that decree what we can believe and not believe.
Religious fanatics have no regard for individual liberty and you know it. They have no patience with your beliefs if they differ. They don't care about your choices or free will itself when they achieve the power to make those choices for you. Do not be fooled by the appearance of wholesome piety. It's just about always a lie.

How deeply intolerant of you. To me nothing is more offensive and Un-American that attacking someone for their religious beliefs. But you are a Dim....intolerance is what you girls do. :(
You're attacking me for my beliefs hypocrite. It seems there is only one set of beliefs that are above reproach in your world. It's the trouble with theocracy, there is only one right answer for everyone whether they like it or not. We have had decades to get to know the evangelical right. People who think they are on a mission from God are not to be trusted.

No, I mock you because you're a bigoted idiot, You have no beliefs I can see other than intolerance and hatred. ACB is a Christian and a Catholic. Where the hell are you getting theocracy, mission for God, and all of the other hyperbolic made up shit you say?

You are an intolerant bigot. You are anti-Christian. People with faith can and do serve honorably and are none of the things you accuse ACB of. Stop the lies and bullshit.
I'm not anti-christian. I am against the evangelical right exercising political power over Americans without regard to liberty and freedom of choice. It's not like they have been secretive over what they want. When one comes forth from their ranks to take political power we are right to worry about their actions regarding personal freedom.

What the hell are you talking about? Nobody is taking away "political power over Americans without regard to liberty and freedom of choice."

Where do you get this shit from? Seriously. Becuase ACB is Christian does not mean any of that is or will happen. It is pure hysteria.
Lots of people are christian, that's not the issue, evangelicals are a political movement of overly religious people. Understand this. I believe people have every right to worship how they wish and I will never ridicule that. It's when they use that faith and the faith of voters to advance a narrow political agenda where they run afoul of my sensibilities.

I understand your point. What you need is evidence to support your thesis. There is no evidence I can find that ACB will make Judicial decisions based on religion. I have looked at her appellate record. It is very middle of the road. All Judges should make decisions solely on the Law imho. I see no evidence that ACB has done otherwise.

Is Donald Trump just an empty-headed yes man for the Federalist Society when it comes to filling seats on the Supreme Court?
Yes.

While moscow mitch told the useful idiot which judges to nominate for federal judgeships --- and then pushed the unqualified ideologues through the Senate --- the Federalist Society are the ones who fed the idiot a short list of people to nominate for the SC, three times.

Guaranteed, if someone out of the blue just walked up to the idiot-in-chief and asked him who the first 2 people were that he nominated for the SC that were then seated, he wouldn't be able to come up with both of their names off the top of his head. Hell, he probably wouldn't be able to name either one of them.

Poor baby
Bootlicking idiot.

Is Donald Trump just an empty-headed yes man for the Federalist Society when it comes to filling seats on the Supreme Court?
Yes.

While moscow mitch told the useful idiot which judges to nominate for federal judgeships --- and then pushed the unqualified ideologues through the Senate --- the Federalist Society are the ones who fed the idiot a short list of people to nominate for the SC, three times.

Guaranteed, if someone out of the blue just walked up to the idiot-in-chief and asked him who the first 2 people were that he nominated for the SC that were then seated, he wouldn't be able to come up with both of their names off the top of his head. Hell, he probably wouldn't be able to name either one of them.

Poor baby
Bootlicking idiot.

Ok bootlicking idiot then.
Thanks for correcting me.

I'm sure you are familiar with social conservatives and their habit of stamping out fun. They do not care about liberty or freedom of choice. They have appointed themselves guardians of our immortal souls. This woman is a libertarian nightmare.
No, none of that is true, it's a leftist meme that you have fallen for hook, line, and sinker. I thought libertarians believed in individual liberty you know, like the right to worship as one chooses. Apparently you agree with dictators and facists that decree what we can believe and not believe.
Religious fanatics have no regard for individual liberty and you know it. They have no patience with your beliefs if they differ. They don't care about your choices or free will itself when they achieve the power to make those choices for you. Do not be fooled by the appearance of wholesome piety. It's just about always a lie.

How deeply intolerant of you. To me nothing is more offensive and Un-American that attacking someone for their religious beliefs. But you are a Dim....intolerance is what you girls do. :(
You're attacking me for my beliefs hypocrite. It seems there is only one set of beliefs that are above reproach in your world. It's the trouble with theocracy, there is only one right answer for everyone whether they like it or not. We have had decades to get to know the evangelical right. People who think they are on a mission from God are not to be trusted.

No, I mock you because you're a bigoted idiot, You have no beliefs I can see other than intolerance and hatred. ACB is a Christian and a Catholic. Where the hell are you getting theocracy, mission for God, and all of the other hyperbolic made up shit you say?

You are an intolerant bigot. You are anti-Christian. People with faith can and do serve honorably and are none of the things you accuse ACB of. Stop the lies and bullshit.
I'm not anti-christian. I am against the evangelical right exercising political power over Americans without regard to liberty and freedom of choice. It's not like they have been secretive over what they want. When one comes forth from their ranks to take political power we are right to worry about their actions regarding personal freedom.

What the hell are you talking about? Nobody is taking away "political power over Americans without regard to liberty and freedom of choice."

Where do you get this shit from? Seriously. Becuase ACB is Christian does not mean any of that is or will happen. It is pure hysteria.
Lots of people are christian, that's not the issue, evangelicals are a political movement of overly religious people. Understand this. I believe people have every right to worship how they wish and I will never ridicule that. It's when they use that faith and the faith of voters to advance a narrow political agenda where they run afoul of my sensibilities.

I understand your point. What you need is evidence to support your thesis. There is no evidence I can find that ACB will make Judicial decisions based on religion. I have looked at her appellate record. It is very middle of the road. All Judges should make decisions solely on the Law imho. I see no evidence that ACB has done otherwise.
I do not trust people who stridently pious and never let you forget that they are holier than thou. The evangelical political agenda is right there for everyone to see. Their christian nation bullshit puts forth the proposition that secular laws must always pass a religious test. That cannot be allowed to happen.

I do not trust people who stridently pious and never let you forget that they are holier than thou. The evangelical political agenda is right there for everyone to see. Their christian nation bullshit puts forth the proposition that secular laws must always pass a religious test. That cannot be allowed to happen.

Again, where is the evidence that ACB will do any of that? Accusations with zero facts or evidence is just hysterical bullshit as far as I am concerned. When Dims cannot win the argument they just make shit up. You are making shit up with zero evidence and smearing a woman based solely on her faith.

Sorry bro, that is bigoted and intolerant.

Are Trump and the Republicans craven two-faced asswipes by not waiting until after the election before filling RBG's chair?

Yep. Undeniably so. You have to wonder how they can stand their own stench in light of their feigned righteousness vis-à-vis Merrick Garland in 2016.

Yep.

With that said...

None of us ever heard of Amy Coney Barrett until a few days ago. But according to all accounts, she's pro-life, right wing, blah blah blah.

I'm pro-life, so that's good. I'm also an actual conservative (no one seems to know what that is any more) with a libertarian bent.

The Left has had a liberal Supreme Court for, what, the past three thousand years or so.

It's the Right's turn for a while, folks. Get over it.
Uh, the right has had a majority on the SC for over the past 60 years. Quite a trick for the left to control the supreme court for 3000 years when the country isn't even 300 years old yet and has been a minority on the SC for decades.
This is utter bullshit, the left has controlled the courts since the 1950s. This would be the first right wing court in like 60 years.......mainly because republican presidents don't always pick right wing justices, while democrats always pick leftwing justices

Here's our first Chief Justice, Moses, engraved for all eternity on the US Supreme Court building, holding the Ten Commandments, which drives the ACLU batshit crazy.

Moses is flanked by his law clerks Confucius and Solon.

Moses-Confucius-Solon.jpg
Let’s hope they make decisions by taking a majority vote. That guy in the middle looks like an angry maniac. :safetocomeoutff:

As far as I have seen, she didn't mention much about her religion until a Democrat (Feinstein) made an issue about her religion. It's the old, 'tried and true meme' the Democrats always use...."When did you stop beating your wife" a specious interrogatory at best.

Last edited:
Are the Republicans who insisted on waiting till after the election in 2016 to fill an open Supreme Court being hypocrites now yes. Are the Democrats who insisted the seat in 2016 should be filled before the election being hypocrites now yes, if the Democrats controlled the Senate in 2016 would they have confirmed Garland yes if they controlled the Senate now would they confirm any Trump nominee before the election no. Do both parties and there most blind followers like to pretend there shit don’t stink yes.

No one is proposing that

Are the Republicans who insisted on waiting till after the election in 2016 to fill an open Supreme Court being hypocrites now yes. Are the Democrats who insisted the seat in 2016 should be filled before the election being hypocrites now yes, if the Democrats controlled the Senate in 2016 would they have confirmed Garland yes if they controlled the Senate now would they confirm any Trump nominee before the election no. Do both parties and there most blind followers like to pretend there shit don’t stink yes.

That's nice.

You do know that the situation now has one big difference from 2016, yes?

That's nice.

This time the President is Republican instead of Democrat. Everything I said is true rather people want to accept it is up to them.

That's nice.

This time the President is Republican instead of Democrat. Everything I said is true rather people want to accept it is up to them.

You did right truths, for sure.
So did I.

They have no patience with your beliefs if they differ.

Seriously? Have you missed the tantrums, er, I mean peaceful protests by the left? Have you missed the last 4 years of attacks by the left? Talk about intolerant bigotry.

People who think they are on a mission from God are not to be trusted.

As opposed to people who are amoral and only look out for their own self interest? You must be one of those that believes that people will always do the "right" thing if given a choice. The only thing that prevents anti-religious folks from robbing the proverbial bank is the police, which ironically they want to defund.

I am against the evangelical right exercising political power over Americans without regard to liberty and freedom of choice.

You for gun control? You see, it all comes down to what is good for society as a whole. I am not sure how promoting sexual promiscuity, abortion, homosexuality, etc. are good for society as a whole. You can't marry your pet goat, at least not yet. In theory, if you prevented someone from doing so, you are invading on their freedoms. It is hard to argue that the core tenants of Christianity aren't good for an orderly, peaceful society. Here is where you cherry pick verses out of the bible...save your time.

Church ladies are some of the cruelest monsters God put on this earth. I expect some beautifully worded opinions from her explaining why Americans do not have the right to mind their own business and find Heaven or Hell on their own terms.
Liberals are trying to immanentize the eschaton.

New Topics

Forum List

Back