Illinois Goes All In, Moves To Ban All Guns, Criminalize Owners...

Illinois trying to dump on people's Constitutional Rights and you have nothing but "good for them"... Disgraceful that people are more than willing to offer up their Freedoms to prop up a twisted tyrannical ideology as if the elitists of that ideology somehow have their best interests in mind.

The OP is manufactured bullshit. Relax. Don't give it credit by speaking of it as if it were real.

you can say that. but last i checked, Heller is still law. and anything that smacks of a total ban is going to get slapped down.

so i'd like to know what 'effectively' means.

I'm glad you're so confident, but i'm not.

scalia
alito
roberts
kennedy
thomas

i think you're ok.

When you say i'm "ok", i have to think i'm not. I have no faith in our Supreme Court anymore. Scalia is probably the only one left on that Court who hasn't sold us out to the NWO Globalists. When he goes, the Globalists will have complete control of our Supreme Court.

I'm glad you're so confident, but i'm not.

scalia
alito
roberts
kennedy
thomas

i think you're ok.

When you say i'm "ok", i have to think i'm not. I have no faith in our Supreme Court anymore. Scalia is probably the only one left on that Court who hasn't sold us out to the NWO Globalists. When he goes, the Globalists will have complete control of our Supreme Court.

well, i can't help you if you don't "trust" the far right justices who wrote and joined in heller.

and, for the record, i'd say even under the illinois bill, which you might want to look at, there is a broad array of guns you can have for your private collection.

i'm finding it difficult to understand why anyone would need an uzi for home use.

Last edited:
scalia
alito
roberts
kennedy
thomas

i think you're ok.

well, i can't help you if you don't "trust" the far right justices who wrote and joined in heller.

and, for the record, i'd say even under the illinois bill, which you might want to look at, there is a broad array of guns you can have for your private collection.

i'm finding it difficult to understand why anyone would need an uzi for home use.

Define 'far right justice.' Because other than Scalia, i only see Left-leaning Globalists. In my opinion, Scalia is the only one left who has any regard for our Constitution and sovereignty. If that's 'far right', than so be it. I'll take it.

Yes, you are allowed to own single shot pistols and revolvers, single shot shotguns, lever action and bolt action rifles that hold no more than 10 rounds unless they have a tubular magazine. This puts gun ownership back into the 19th century. It is completely against the "shall not be infringed" portion of the first amendment and disregards the amendments intent to provide for the defense of the state and constitution upon which it was constructed.
Now it also includes an ID card required to own or operate any firearm, searches of gun ranges and the shooters, as well as taxes that would make it prohibitive to actually own or operate said gun ranges.
Yep! you're right, they just want to protect the children... IN A PIGS EYE!

What a sad paradox. Our Government gives or sells arms to just about anyone on this Earth. Yet this same Government wants to violate our Constitution and disarm its own people. So what does that say about our Government? I'll let you decide that for yourselves.

Yes, this is really happening...

Illinois Senate President John Cullerton will reportedly introduce a draconian bill today in the Illinois legislature that will effectively ban all modern firearms, criminalize their owners, and subject their guns to confiscation by the Illinois State Police.

The proposed outlawing of firearms was confirmed by the NRA’s Illinois rep, according to Robert Farago, writing for The Truth About Guns website.

The move coincides with a federal effort by Senator Dianne Feinstein to introduce legislation outlawing semiautomatic firearms and imposing de facto confiscation.

From the Illinois State Rifle Association:

Based on what we know about Cullerton’s bill, firearms that would be banned include all semiautomatic rifles, pistols, and shotguns. Pump action shotguns would be banned as well. This would be a very comprehensive ban that would include not only so-called ‘assault weapons’ but also such classics as M1 Garands and 1911-based pistols. There would be no exemptions and no grandfathering. You would have a very short window to turn in your guns to the State Police to avoid prosecution.

Folks monitoring the effort to disembowel the Second Amendment in the Land of Lincoln say the bill has a 50-50 chance of passage.

They advise gun owners both in and out-of-state to call Senate President Cullerton at 217-782-2000 and contact state representatives at ilga.gov.

------------------------------------

They're coming for our guns. Period.

Illinois Goes All In, Moves To Ban All Guns, Criminalize Owners | Peace . Gold . Liberty

If this bill passes, the line has been crossed.

Yes, you are allowed to own single shot pistols and revolvers, single shot shotguns, lever action and bolt action rifles that hold no more than 10 rounds unless they have a tubular magazine. This puts gun ownership back into the 19th century. It is completely against the "shall not be infringed" portion of the first amendment and disregards the amendments intent to provide for the defense of the state and constitution upon which it was constructed.
Now it also includes an ID card required to own or operate any firearm, searches of gun ranges and the shooters, as well as taxes that would make it prohibitive to actually own or operate said gun ranges.
Yep! you're right, they just want to protect the children... IN A PIGS EYE!

You know, you have a point here. We beat our chest and scream at the awful tragedy when several people are killed in these manical attacks. Yet, we all either see on television or read in the paper about "so and so was shot and killed after an argument last night" over and over and over ad nauseum.

We see these things day after day, month after month and year after year; yet the left RARELY gets their collective panties in a wad about the hundreds and hundreds of people killed every year in most every state in this country.

How many people were murdered in Chicago last year??

Again, Rahm Emanuel is the author of the saying "never let a crisis go to waste". Does he REALLY believe that a single-shot pistol is any less deadly than an AR15?? Dead is dead, whether it be by a single shot, a shotgun, a semi-auto rifle, a knife, or a baseball bat.

the-sky-is-falling.jpg

You people are nutz.

Last edited:
If they manage to pass this, I suggest we keep tabs on the number of shootings on a daily basis in Illinois, especially Chicago. Apparently, some actually believe this will reduce gun violence, which we all know is mostly caused by the gangs and drug dealers.

The Illinois law-makers have decided to table the bill - it will not be voted on until they can get the votes necessary to pass it. They suddenly realized that not enough members actually believe guns are evil. They did state in the press release that it would be brought up again "in the near future".

As uncommon as it is sometimes common sense still prevails.

Here is the text of the bill:

IL Senate Committee Approves Restrictions on Guns, Ammunition | WSILTV | Local News

Can't find the part that says how they're going to get criminals to follow it.

so murder shouldn't be illegal either since we can't get criminals to stop kililng each other?

:rolleyes:

Jillian, I'm sorry but you of all people I should expect to understand that the power of criminal law is not preventative power, it's prosecutorial power. Legal prohibitions don't prevent murders. At least, they don't seem to prevent many murders. But prosecution and incarceration does help us to prevent those people from doing it again.

Threat of punishment does not prevent most serious crimes. That's why the death penalty does not reduce murder rates. How can we expect the threat of a couple years in jail for gun possession serve any kind of deterrence to the same?

Forum List

Back