If you saw the movie "The Tomorrow War" ...

Flash

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2014
Florida
...this would make sense to you:

1625842297219.png

View attachment 510652
Oddly enough my first thought was why were we deploying troops without effective weapons against enemies with exoskeletons. In the sixties we had 40mm Heat grenades for M-79s, I'm sure there are even smaller caliber ones today that could be fired from an automatic weapon. Between ineffective weapons and ONE WEEK of training, it's no wonder they were taking 70% casualties. It seemed like we were trying to do everything possible to lose.

• Banned

View attachment 510652
I really liked the guy with the shotgun, good character, but I sure as hell couldn't figure out why he would rather use buckshot instead of FMJs in a .308 battle rifle of some kind.

Still, fun movie.

That movie had so many holes in the plot and just plain dumb things that you could drive a semi tractor and trailer through it.

I know when you watch a movie like that you have to suspend disbelief but they took it to a whole new level.

For instance, when they found the spaceship that would have been a treasure of new technology but they just blew it up. Their rationalization for doing it was weak.

View attachment 510652
I really liked the guy with the shotgun, good character, but I sure as hell couldn't figure out why he would rather use buckshot instead of FMJs in a .308 battle rifle of some kind.

Still, fun movie.

That movie had so many holes in the plot and just plain dumb things that you could drive a semi tractor and trailer through it.

I know when you watch a movie like that you have to suspend disbelief but they took it to a whole new level.

For instance, when they found the spaceship that would have been a treasure of new technology but they just blew it up. Their rationalization for doing it was weak.
Well I sure wouldn't have let any government have it. Sure as hell, they would have fucked it up somehow..... safer to blow it the fuck up.

• Banned

View attachment 510652

Still, fun movie.

Well I sure wouldn't have let any government have it. Sure as hell, they would have fucked it up somehow..... safer to blow it the fuck up.

In the movie "Independence Day" they harvested alien technology.

In the world of unbelievable Science Fiction that would have been the proper story line. Especially knowing the producers are working on a sequal to this move.

View attachment 510652

Still, fun movie.

In the world of unbelievable Science Fiction that would have been the proper story line. Especially knowing the producers are working on a sequal to this move.
They had to kill the Aliens, the cargo was hatching and they were down to just a couple of good guys, Blowing the ship was the least bad alternative. They couldn't risk the cargo getting loose or the war would just start early.

View attachment 510652

Still, fun movie.

They had to kill the Aliens, the cargo was hatching and they were down to just a couple of good guys, Blowing the ship was the least bad alternative. They couldn't risk the cargo getting loose or the war would just start early.

I am talking about when they first found the ship. They made the decision to kill the aliens themselves and blow up the ship rather than doing something else that would kill the aliens but preserve the technology.

All of this is just created in the minds of the script writers so it doesn't have to make sense, does it?

View attachment 510652

Still, fun movie.

I am talking about when they first found the ship. They made the decision to kill the aliens themselves and blow up the ship rather than doing something else that would kill the aliens but preserve the technology.

All of this is just created in the minds of the script writers so it doesn't have to make sense, does it?
Wait, I thought plan A was to inject them all with the toxin....... wouldn't that have left the ship intact?
I thought they changed plans because there were too many of them and they were waking up.

View attachment 510652
I've seen 'Independence Day' but only because I was with the grandkids. I wouldn't normally watch the two movies you mention if on my own as I've said because they are for kids and wouldn't expect them to be completely logical any more than I'd expect 'Mars Attacks' to be logical cos as I said they are primarily for kids.

If you want a completely authentic adult war film the best I've ever seen is the Russian-made 'Come and See' and tells the story of the Soviet war against the Nazis - a fantastic film.

View attachment 510652

Still, fun movie.
I got the impression he was using rifled slugs.
Even with those, I'd have wanted a higher rate of fire. I love shotguns but they don't reload fast, no matter how good you are.
The plus side is that a shotgun problem is always resolved within about 2-5 rounds of buckshot, and if it isn't, it wasn't a problem for a shotgun.

Anyone really surprised the generation growing up during the age of pajama boys couldn't fight against aliens thirty years in the future?

I

View attachment 510652

Still, fun movie.
I got the impression he was using rifled slugs.
Even with those, I'd have wanted a higher rate of fire. I love shotguns but they don't reload fast, no matter how good you are.
The plus side is that a shotgun problem is always resolved within about 2-5 rounds of buckshot, and if it isn't, it wasn't a problem for a shotgun.
I would use a Saiga or other semi or fully auto shotgun with a large magazine. Probably the best solution would be a side by side or over and under shotgun/small caliber grenade launcher.

Forum List

Back