If You Opposed The 2nd Amendment And Gun Rights....

We aren't against the 2nd amendment. But we are against the fruitcake interpretation of it that some have.
The 2nd amendment is a right, but like all rights, there are limits. The right to bear arms doesn't extend to small tactical nuclear weapons.

Now I see why they call you Einstein.

Then where do you draw the line at what weapons the government can keep out of peoples hands. Current BATF put it at anything over .50 cal is a destructive dervice, with a 12 gauge shotgun exception.

"...device..."

What does this have to do with anything in the thread?
You don’t seem capable of the sort of thought processes one should expect in an upright biped hominid.

What good is the right to protect yourself, without answering the question, "With what?" can you do it.T

In Democrat NYC it took me over a year to get a permit for a "with what."

That, with the understanding that citizens have no right to police protection.....

It's clear that the Democrat Party is on the side of felons.

If i'm going to protect myself, I want to have more stopping power than the person i'm protecting myself from. I don't believe in a fair fight. But that creates the problem that an armed intruder doesn't either.

Can you do me a favor?

Get lost.

If i'm going to protect myself, I want to have more stopping power than the person i'm protecting myself from. I don't believe in a fair fight. But that creates the problem that an armed intruder doesn't either.

Can you do me a favor?

Get lost.
One problem with the proliferation of firearms is that a lot of criminals get their guns from burglarizing a house with guns.

" According to 2008 data from the Bureau of Justice Statistics, police response times to violent-crime-related calls exceeded 11 minutes one-third of the time. Things were no better twelve years earlier in 1996, when a similar survey was conducted. Now, twelve years after 2008, there's no reason to assume anything has improved.

11 minutes is a long time to wait when dealing with a violent criminal.

Moreover, when police do arrive, don't expect a competent response. The cases of Atatania Jefferson and Botham Jean provide some helpful reminders.

According to multiple accounts of the Jefferson case, a neighbor of Jefferson called police to "check up" on Jefferson whom the neighbor feared Jefferson might be in danger. Jefferson was soon shot dead in her own living room by law enforcement. The shooter — a now-former cop named Aaron Dean — entered Jefferson's private property unannounced in the middle of the night. He peered into Jefferson's windows, and within seconds, the officer had shot Jefferson dead. Jefferson had been playing video games with her nephew.

A year earlier, former police officer Amber Guyger was sentenced to ten years in prison for unlawfully shooting Botham Jean in his own apartment. At the time, Guyger was a police officer returning home from work. She illegally entered the wrong apartment and promptly shot Jean — the unit's lawful resident — dead.

And, of course, there is the case of Justine Damond, who called the Minneapolis Police Department to report a possible sexual assault near her home. When police arrived, they shot Damond dead, for no known reason other than hysterical fear on the part of police.

Those who proactively attempt to defend themselves fare little better. In 2018, Colorado resident Richard Black used a firearm to defend his grandson against an intruder. Unfortunately, someone called the police. When officers arrived, they opened fire on Black, even though was only a threat to the criminal intruder.

The lesson to be learned from all this is that it is foolhardy, to say the least, to rely on law enforcement officers to intervene to provide "safety" when troubles arise.

After all, experience has shown police are thoroughly unmotivated when it comes to preventing, or even investigating true violent crime. Confronting violent criminals is dangerous and costly. Thus, police departments are geared much more around encouraging harassment of petty offenders (such as George Floyd) and going after small-time drug offenders while confiscating property under asset forfeiture laws.

This provides revenue to pad agency budgets while prioritizing the targeting of easy marks, rather than violent offenders. In the United States, more than half of serious crimes are never solved.

And yet, though it all, we hear again and again the myth that law enforcement agencies will provide protection, retrieve stolen property, and keep the peace. Many people in Minneapolis are now experiencing the reality."

Can you do me a favor?

Get lost.
One problem with the proliferation of firearms is that a lot of criminals get their guns from burglarizing a house with guns.

Wow......talking point right from the morons on the anti-gun extremist left......

"This should lay to rest one of the anti-gun crowd’s favorite questions — “but why do you need a gun?” It won’t, but it should.

A compilation of riot news.

Scott Barry Kaufman (SBK)

@sbkaufman

https://twitter.com/sbkaufman/status/1267271423527022592

Just called the police because there was just a dangerous standoff between my neighbor and some protestors and got the response: "Sir, the city is under attack. Do what you have to do." And they hung up. Did that really just happen?

https://legalinsurrection.com/2020/06/america-under-attack-riots-and-looting-nationwide/

Forum List

Back