If You Have Ever Made A Purchase At Walmart....

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
Or any big box store ...or purchased a new foreign made automobile.....

You have absolutely no right to bitch about the economy!!!!!

"Ya sure" you say..."what about you HUGGY???"

I have NEVER purchased a damn thing at Walmart nor have I ever purchased a new foreign made auto. I don't buy at Costco. I did purchase a video camera a couple of years ago at Sams Club. We don't make any here in the USA as far as I know. Hey I get it that we can't ALWAYS buy American... But it should ALWAYS be the first choice.

You people that do and have always bought the cheapest foreign made crap are the problem with our economy.

Tonight, on ABC News, I saw one of the big lies perpetuated by the media about our countries ills. The commentator suggested that the problem is that we don't manufacture the same stuff anymore...like the manufacturers are the problem. No you fucking DOLT! The problem is that for the last thirty to forty years Americans have stopped BUYING AMERICAN MANUFACTURED GOODS!!!

These same morons are the first to blame Obama for our lack of jobs. Piss on you...one and all.

What is he supposed to do?..put a gun to your ignorant punkin heads and make you spend your money on our goods?

OK...enough of the rant...

HERE is a possible solution ....that can help you idiots do the right thing and put some of our economy back on the right track.

I propose that at tax time and you pissants that are crying about paying your fair share that we have a tax law that provides a 10% rebate off your tax burden if you can prove your purchases in the last year were American Manufactured. So If you bought a Camero you get to deduct ten per cent of it's price off your taxes.. Can't include food...but all hard goods, appliances.., ANYTHING that was made in the USA. Maybe 10% is too much..but you get my drift. If we can pay corporations to send our jobs overseas we can damn sure pay our citizens some tax credit to help the loyal companies of this nation retain customers.

Just sayin...

Your thoughts?

So, I'm supposed to help the economy by paying too much for stuff, buying from merchants who can't do what it takes to earn my business?

I don't think so....Homey don't play dat.

Even if you got a nice refund on your taxes? That would be three to four thousand bucks on a high end American car...

Maybe a hundred bucks or more on the stuff you buy fixin up the house or yard...

Look "Homey"...I'm just trying to find a solution...

So, I'm supposed to help the economy by paying too much for stuff, buying from merchants who can't do what it takes to earn my business?

Even if you got a nice refund on your taxes? That would be three to four thousand bucks on a high end American car...

Maybe a hundred bucks or more on the stuff you buy fixin up the house or yard...

No you are not.

Ohh I admoit to being part of the problem on buying Chinese stuff.

Just being patriotic though.
I only eat freedom fries.

Um....How do you suppose that such bribery via the tax code will work out any better than any other such incentive has?....Next thing you know, I'll be berated by leftist scum for "not paying my fair share", for the scurrilous act of buying American.

You want American business to come back?...Here's an idea...Quit giving them reasons to move their operations to nations with a friendlier business climate.

The soloution is simple lower our wages to where we can compete with China minus the shipping costs from china.

Of course it is not a soloution any want except for businesses.

Dopey OP.

I have not just one Honda auto, but two. And the prior two cars. BOTH Hondas.

I like supporting Canada.

And shopping at Walmart is NOT the problem with our economy, either.

Dopey OP.

I have not just one Honda auto, but two. And the prior two cars. BOTH Hondas.

I like supporting Canada.

And shopping at Walmart is NOT the problem with our economy, either.
How do you know they weren't assembled in Indiana or Ohio?

Oops...There goes yet another economic xenophobe argument shot to hell. :lol:

I don't. But to the extent there's any truth in labeling, I believe they were largely manufactured in Canadiastan.

foreign auto plants that pay a fraction of what union-based American auto plants USED to offer? Yea, count me in.

How about you make a List? :D

How about you make a List? :D

And then further the very rational discussion by endlessly posting YouTube music videos!

Just an idea.

PHP49548A4C04B72-e1310328021914.jpg

The solution is fair and simple taxes and a budget that is balanced by law.

Or any big box store ...or purchased a new foreign made automobile.....

You have absolutely no right to bitch about the economy!!!!!

"Ya sure" you say..."what about you HUGGY???"

I have NEVER purchased a damn thing at Walmart nor have I ever purchased a new foreign made auto. I don't buy at Costco. I did purchase a video camera a couple of years ago at Sams Club. We don't make any here in the USA as far as I know. Hey I get it that we can't ALWAYS buy American... But it should ALWAYS be the first choice.

You people that do and have always bought the cheapest foreign made crap are the problem with our economy.

Tonight, on ABC News, I saw one of the big lies perpetuated by the media about our countries ills. The commentator suggested that the problem is that we don't manufacture the same stuff anymore...like the manufacturers are the problem. No you fucking DOLT! The problem is that for the last thirty to forty years Americans have stopped BUYING AMERICAN MANUFACTURED GOODS!!!

These same morons are the first to blame Obama for our lack of jobs. Piss on you...one and all.

What is he supposed to do?..put a gun to your ignorant punkin heads and make you spend your money on our goods?

OK...enough of the rant...

HERE is a possible solution ....that can help you idiots do the right thing and put some of our economy back on the right track.

I propose that at tax time and you pissants that are crying about paying your fair share that we have a tax law that provides a 10% rebate off your tax burden if you can prove your purchases in the last year were American Manufactured. So If you bought a Camero you get to deduct ten per cent of it's price off your taxes.. Can't include food...but all hard goods, appliances.., ANYTHING that was made in the USA. Maybe 10% is too much..but you get my drift. If we can pay corporations to send our jobs overseas we can damn sure pay our citizens some tax credit to help the loyal companies of this nation retain customers.

Just sayin...

Your thoughts?

Yeah i have a thought.

Unions are the base line problem.

Actually Huggy -- the rebate part is an idea. But it has nothing to do with which RETAIL model you want to patronize. I don't see a lot of Benz / Bimmer / Lexuses in the WalMart parking lot. It primarily serves the folks on very limited budgets and I'd prefer not to experiment on them.

10% WOULD be way too high. (can't believe i'm actually plotting a bigger govt program here).. But you'd have to prove that the money PAID OUT in incentives would be much less than the revenues it generated from a larger job base.

And since it would be more like 3 or 4%, the American price of the good couldn't be more than that over the cost of some foreign equivalent. And add to that the fact -- that when subsidize something -- the price generally goes up.. Kinda needs some tweaking eh??

Forum List

Back