If You Believe…

A genuine, definable Deity, such as The God of Abraham, as described in The Torah, The New Testament, and / or The Qur'an...

What did it for you? :dunno:

What made you fall in love your Deity?

Power is an aphrodisiac ergo omnipotence must be the ultimate power trip and what woman doesn't like a stud who can give her everything?

:D

What did it for me? Miracles. God lead me to understanding by showing me miracles. I must say though that it has not been an emotional experience, at least not as others describe it as feeling a sudden great love or caring.

What made you fall in love with your Deity?

Power is an aphrodisiac ergo omnipotence must be the ultimate power trip and what woman doesn't like a stud who can give her everything?

"What woman doesn't like a stud who can give her everything" is like saying "no reasonable offer refused"...

Who would refuse a reasonable offer? :dunno:

What did it for me? Miracles. God lead me to understanding by showing me miracles. I must say though that it has not been an emotional experience, at least not as others describe it as feeling a sudden great love or caring.

First question first... Which God?

On the miracles.... was it a single point in time in your past to get your attention, or are they ongoing?

And yes... I am just curious enough to ask... What do you consider 'miraculous'?

First question first... Which God?

On the miracles.... was it a single point in time in your past to get your attention, or are they ongoing?

And yes... I am just curious enough to ask... What do you consider 'miraculous'?
He told me read the OT, KJV, so I am assuming the God of Abraham would be the best way to identify him. My father was extremely atheist and religious types were considered delusional. I saw my first miracle when I was about 12 or so. Then a miracle every three or four years after than until recently when they have been more frequent. Most miracles have been what could be dismissed away as coincidence or random event but a handful have been outside of scientific explanation.

I've witnessed a miracle before. One time a tree was struck by lightning in my lawn and it crashed through the roof 10 feet away from me! And right underneath it? A HAMMER I had left on the table! Completely undamaged!

Now I am a Norse Mythologist.

HAIL ODIN! HAIL THOR!

Trolls. They scour the board looking for anything to use that they THINK might be a handy weapon. Spirituality is a private matter. Well, to me anyway.

Trolls. They scour the board looking for anything to use that they THINK might be a handy weapon. Spirituality is a private matter. Well, to me anyway.
I would have thought God would be displeased if I tell people he shows me miracles but it has been exactly the opposite. Someone recently told me I was being religious for attention. If it were up to me I would pray in the closet and be good with that but God is here and he wants people to know.

I would have thought God would be displeased if I tell people he shows me miracles but it has been exactly the opposite. Someone recently told me I was being religious for attention. If it were up to me I would pray in the closet and be good with that but God is here and he wants people to know.
Ok. I'll just stay in the proverbial closet. :)

What made you fall in love with your Deity?

"What woman doesn't like a stud who can give her everything" is like saying "no reasonable offer refused"...

Who would refuse a reasonable offer? :dunno:

No, I am focusing on the power trip, not the lowest bidder. But you might have a point there. :D

Forum List

Back