If You Are White and You're Sure You're Not a Racist Please Answer This

Have you ever engaged in any of the behavior above and if so do you consider yourself a racist?

• No I've never engaged in any of the behavior above therefore I am not a racist

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • No I've never engaged in any of the behavior above, just jokes, but I'm not a racist

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes I've engaged in some of the behaviors above but I'm not a racist

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes I've engagd in some or all of the behaviors above and I am a racist

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
A lot of people either have never seen a dictionary definition of racism or they create their own definitions. This is from one of the government agencies which oversees the enforcement of portions of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (EEOC)
"Race discrimination involves treating someone (an applicant or employee) unfavorably because he/she is of a certain race or because of personal characteristics associated with race (such as hair texture, skin color, or certain facial features). Color discrimination involves treating someone unfavorably because of skin color complexion.​

It is unlawful to harass a person because of that person's race or color.​

Harassment can include, for example, racial slurs, offensive or derogatory remarks about a person's race or color, or the display of racially-offensive symbols. Although the law doesn't prohibit simple teasing, offhand comments, or isolated incidents that are not very serious, harassment is illegal when it is so frequent or severe that it creates a hostile or offensive work environment or when it results in an adverse employment decision (such as the victim being fired or demoted)"​

The harasser can be the victim's supervisor, a supervisor in another area, a co-worker, or someone who is not an employee of the employer, such as a client or customer"​

So the above is a definition of racial discrimination specific to the workplace but it explains some types of behavior that can be viewed as racist.
I assume you're not expecting many straight, honest answers, right?
I'm willing to see what they have to say. I'm trying to get to the crux of the matter as to why so many of the members here most hateful, derogatory and insulting comments about black people in general, and several have directed their comments specifically at me, yet don't believe they are racists. I can't decide if they're just being dishonest or if their thought processing mechanism has a fault. On the other hand my instincts are that they know full well what they're doing, that it's intentional, that they believe it's their right to be a full on hard core racist and no one can tell them otherwise and that as long as there is not law explictly prohibiting racism then they're good.

I've been trying to think of something that is not unlawful but is generally hands down unacceptable as far as society is concerned in order to make a comparison but thus far I can only come up with one thing.
Well, this has been a fascination of mine for a LONG time. In fact, it's the one topic I think about more than any other involving politics -- do those who are consumed by an ideology really believe what they're saying?

I've done a lot of reading on the subconscious and the psychology of political partisanship. and my guess (at the moment) is that they do. In other words, it's possible that they're being absolutely sincere.

To me, it's all about the subconscious, which can essentially be "trained" to believe dang near anything over time. The elements of subconscious training are (1) an existing belief or philosophy in any given topic, (2) the regular repetition of words, phrases and ideas ("talking points"), and (3) a voluntary intellectual isolation that minimizes exposure to contrary beliefs (to the point where they become distorted) and maximizes exposure to supporting beliefs.

Well, holy crap, that's exactly what we have going on here. So when many of these people say the things they say, it's very possible they believe it to their bones. I've compared trying to communicate with them with trying to communicate with a wild-eyed Jihadi on the streets of Damascus. They're simply detached from reality, and absolutely committed to their separated, closed circuit belief system.

We Trump supporters are done being lectured by people like you.

We have legitimate issues and interests and we will not have them dismissed because someone like you cries "Wacism".

You are the "wild eyed lunatic", not us.
Minor problem - I'm not lecturing you. I was asked questions, and I answered them. And I wasn't posting to you.

I'm not trying to convince someone like you of anything. But I do wish you'd stop whining and playing the victim.

... I've used racial slurs ...
Because you ARE a racist, like so many democrat hypocrites.
I bet you’re one of those white guys who claims you don’t see color.
/----/ Of course, we see color, we just don't fixate on it.
Look at all the threads republicans have started on race. Of course you’re fixated on it it’s an election year.

This is how republicans get poor whites to vote for the party of the rich. God, gays, guns, racism.

We have legitimate issues and interests and we will not have them dismissed because someone like you cries "Wacism".

These Leftist Extremist still think it's the 1980's and their Alinsky-ite style of political strategy is still effective.

It's not.

Screw them and their antiquated Race Card.

Amen Brother!

A lot of people either have never seen a dictionary definition of racism or they create their own definitions. This is from one of the government agencies which oversees the enforcement of portions of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (EEOC)
"Race discrimination involves treating someone (an applicant or employee) unfavorably because he/she is of a certain race or because of personal characteristics associated with race (such as hair texture, skin color, or certain facial features). Color discrimination involves treating someone unfavorably because of skin color complexion.​

Harassment can include, for example, racial slurs, offensive or derogatory remarks about a person's race or color, or the display of racially-offensive symbols. Although the law doesn't prohibit simple teasing, offhand comments, or isolated incidents that are not very serious, harassment is illegal when it is so frequent or severe that it creates a hostile or offensive work environment or when it results in an adverse employment decision (such as the victim being fired or demoted)"​

The harasser can be the victim's supervisor, a supervisor in another area, a co-worker, or someone who is not an employee of the employer, such as a client or customer"​

So the above is a definition of racial discrimination specific to the workplace but it explains some types of behavior that can be viewed as racist.
I assume you're not expecting many straight, honest answers, right?
I'm willing to see what they have to say. I'm trying to get to the crux of the matter as to why so many of the members here most hateful, derogatory and insulting comments about black people in general, and several have directed their comments specifically at me, yet don't believe they are racists. I can't decide if they're just being dishonest or if their thought processing mechanism has a fault. On the other hand my instincts are that they know full well what they're doing, that it's intentional, that they believe it's their right to be a full on hard core racist and no one can tell them otherwise and that as long as there is not law explictly prohibiting racism then they're good.

I've been trying to think of something that is not unlawful but is generally hands down unacceptable as far as society is concerned in order to make a comparison but thus far I can only come up with one thing.
Well, this has been a fascination of mine for a LONG time. In fact, it's the one topic I think about more than any other involving politics -- do those who are consumed by an ideology really believe what they're saying?

I've done a lot of reading on the subconscious and the psychology of political partisanship. and my guess (at the moment) is that they do. In other words, it's possible that they're being absolutely sincere.

To me, it's all about the subconscious, which can essentially be "trained" to believe dang near anything over time. The elements of subconscious training are (1) an existing belief or philosophy in any given topic, (2) the regular repetition of words, phrases and ideas ("talking points"), and (3) a voluntary intellectual isolation that minimizes exposure to contrary beliefs (to the point where they become distorted) and maximizes exposure to supporting beliefs.

Well, holy crap, that's exactly what we have going on here. So when many of these people say the things they say, it's very possible they believe it to their bones. I've compared trying to communicate with them with trying to communicate with a wild-eyed Jihadi on the streets of Damascus. They're simply detached from reality, and absolutely committed to their separated, closed circuit belief system.

Minor problem - I'm not lecturing you. I was asked questions, and I answered them. And I wasn't posting to you.

I'm not trying to convince someone like you of anything. But I do wish you'd stop whining and playing the victim.

Your dismissal of my point is noted.

My point stands.

We reject your false accusations, and will not be lectured to about "Wacism" anymore.

We have valid issues and interests and some lib crying "wacism" is not a rebuttal.

Look at all the threads republicans have started on race. Of course you’re fixated on it it’s an election year.

This is how republicans get poor whites to vote for the party of the rich. God, gays, guns, racism.

Race is a big issue. It is certainly a weapon you libs use against us all the time.

POor whites vote for republicans because they know that you don't care if they get fucked.

Indeed, you actively support policies that you know fuck them, and you don't care about them getting fucked.

You saying "Wacism" does not change that.

You forgot “ I talk like black ppl” lol

Race is a big issue. It is certainly a weapon you libs use against us all the time.

POor whites vote for republicans because they know that you don't care if they get fucked.

Indeed, you actively support policies that you know fuck them, and you don't care about them getting fucked.

What is Mitch McConnell doing to make poor white people in Kentucky’s lives better? No insurance, poverty wages, etc.

Nothing. Instead they con those poor white idiots with race, guns, abortion, gays. Wedge issues.

What is Mitch McConnell doing to make poor white people in Kentucky’s lives better? No insurance, poverty wages, etc.

Nothing. Instead they con those poor white idiots with race, guns, abortion, gays. Wedge issues.

I don't know if he is doing anything to help them.

BUT, he is not actively hostile to them and their interests like you are.

People like you have lowered the bar, to the point that malign indifference is the lesser evil, compare to your active and energetic enmity.

i dont give a shit if i get called a racist. i dont give a shit if a coupla statues come down. call me a racist. go ahead. have at it!

Look at all the threads republicans have started on race. ....
Look at all the threads democrat hypocrites like you have started on race.
Yes against racism.

I have started threads about ignorant black people but I’m not against diversity programs like you.

Your policies hurt minorities and ignore the fact bias exists.

it's always amusing when black racists demand the object of their hatred PROVE they aren't a racist.

Meanwhile, they get to continue to hate white people with complete impunity with nobody allowed to question their hate at all.
Yeah, Homie ain't playing that.

You ever discuss anything else?
She discusses 2A rights at times. I agree with her stance on those issues..
Thanks, I was starting to wonder. All I've seen from here is this racist shit she posts, but there are a lot of race riots going on around the country right now, and I haven't been here very long, so I wasn't actually sure if she ever discussed anything else.

Look at all the threads republicans have started on race. ....
Look at all the threads democrat hypocrites like you have started on race.
...I’m not against diversity programs like you.

Your policies hurt minorities and ignore the fact bias exists.
You just can’t stop yourself from lying every fucking time, pos.
How so?
The same way you always do. You fabricate positions, ascribe them to me, then argue with yourself while attempting to shamelessly and dishonestly misrepresent me. It is something only a no class little piece of shit would do. You do it all the time, of course.
Tell me where I’m wrong
Don't ask me; it's shit you made up, you dishonest POS.
So you do believe in diversity programs? Do your buddies here know that?

Forum List

Back