IF YOU ARE A RELOADER...

Gun shows and big outdoor venues like Cabelas and Bass Pro. In rural areas you might get lucky with estate auctions. I picked up a ton of bullets, powder and odds and ends like scopes in a big estate auction a couple of years ago.

have you been able to find powder ? if yes, where ?

here and there. my range where I shoot got in a bunch of Tite-group and tite-wad, got 16 pounds of TG and 8 of TW

at a gun show-a big commercial reloader had 8 pound kegs of TG for 150 which isn't gouging-I got one from him

my local gun club gets stuff in every once in a while and I got two pounds of Green dot there and 4 pounds of Auto Comp from another store

I just made 100 rounds of 32 H&R Magnum for my dad. He's been complaining that it's a hard cartridge to find and expensive too. They cost about 35 cents to make. It'll be less than that when he brings back the brass.

Yesterday I spent the day watching football and putting together 143 rounds of 30-06. Aren't they beautiful!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    499.6 KB · Views: 70
I just hooked up up my Lee turret loader after about ten years of inactivity. The .44 mag dies were still right on and I cranked out a box of 20 (13.5 gr 2400 powder) in about a half hour. It's a great little machine but you have to focus. If you crank the lever and forget to rotate the turret you get bad stuff. I bought some new .38 dies at a gun show but it took time and about half a dozen ruined rounds before I fine tuned the dies for wad cutters.

Forum List

Back