If WR-104 shoots a gamma ray burst our way...

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
WR 104 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Long story short, there's this binary star system called WR-104 and one of the stars' north-south poles is pointing at us. This star has burped out GRBs at least one of which has already hit the Earth in the distant past and there's a good chance of it doing so again the future. If it does, it'll basicly destroy our atmosphere and that's Bad. The good news is by the time we detect it it's already hitting us, irradiating us, and we'll all fall over dead before the non-existant atmospheric becomes a problem.

If this happens, will religious people view it as God doesn't exist since he didn't protect us, or God does exist and is punishing us (even though it'd mean God lied when he promised to never again destroy all flesh as after the Flood?)

Given unlimited time, there's a 100% chance of this happening. So what's your opinion? Half full, half empty?

If we are destroyed we will simply reincarnate on another planet to continue our spiritual evolution.
God would have been pretty dumb to put all his eggs in one basket. Spirit guides say there are many other inhabited planets. Civilisations come and go, and so do worlds, but our spiritual growth goes on.

If we are destroyed we will simply reincarnate on another planet to continue our spiritual evolution.
God would have been pretty dumb to put all his eggs in one basket. Spirit guides say there are many other inhabited planets. Civilisations come and go, and so do worlds, but our spiritual growth goes on.
How have you been? Long time no see....

How have you been? Long time no see....

Hi! I have been fine thanks.

Long story short, there's this binary star system called WR-104 and one of the stars' north-south poles is pointing at us. This star has burped out GRBs at least one of which has already hit the Earth in the distant past and there's a good chance of it doing so again the future. If it does, it'll basicly destroy our atmosphere and that's Bad. The good news is by the time we detect it it's already hitting us, irradiating us, and we'll all fall over dead before the non-existant atmospheric becomes a problem.

If this happens, will religious people view it as God doesn't exist since he didn't protect us, or God does exist and is punishing us (even though it'd mean God lied when he promised to never again destroy all flesh as after the Flood?)

Given unlimited time, there's a 100% chance of this happening. So what's your opinion? Half full, half empty?

Infinite monkey theorem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You should be more concerned with RW 104. ( Right Winger # 104)

I wonder if anyone ever contemplated what randomness is.

The more I think about it, the more I come to the conclusion that randomness is more of an abstract that does not really exist.

What we call 'random' is nothing more than our inability to determine a pattern or casual relationship in an event or sequence of events.

Randomness in 'perceived' reality is really no more than a perception flaw. A logical fallacy on our part by assuming there is no rhyme or rhythm in the observed because I/We can't readily determine it!

That is it. I am going insane.

Forum List

Back