If Trump is such a bad candidate

I've advocated for years for a two-thirds super majority requirement, from both sides of Congress, to pass any new law. And a simply 50%+ majority to repeal.
And that goes for investigations and impeachments. We don't need constant politically fueled investigations and impeachements. If you can't come up with a supermajority for those then you don't investigate or impeach.

And we're a democracy.

This isn't rocket science. Why does it confooz you so?

Oh, that's right. Like I said, you want an excuse for your anti-democratic actions.
It's hilarious. I think we're a liberal Democracy, bound to Republican forms of government by our Constitution.

Article IV, Section 4:

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government,

And that goes for investigations and impeachments. We don't need constant politically fueled investigations and impeachements. If you can't come up with a supermajority for those then you don't investigate or impeach.
Everyone always predicts that under such a system no bills would get passed. I don't think that would be the case. But it IS true that only those bills with broad support would make it to the President's desk. Which is, of course, the whole point.

why do both parties fear him?
Trump is a loser.

Trump's highest approval rating was 49 percent. That's the lowest high point since such measures have been taken.

You have to go all the way back to Hoover to find a president who lost the Senate, the House, and the Presidency.

Trump lost the popular vote. TWICE.

The list of incumbents who have lost re-election is very short, and Trump's on it.

He hired the biggest crowd of crooks since Harding. He overflowed the swamp with indictments, convictions, scandals, and embarrassments.

If it was up to this idiot, we'd all be injecting ourselves with bleach.

His approval rating for his presidency was an average of 41 percent.

And ever since he lost re-election, he's attempted a coup, whines and lies, and whines and lies, and whines and lies.

He convinced the rubes to give money for a non-existent election defense fund and then distributed the monies to his friends and himself.

Trump is the biggest sore loser baby. Ever.

And then there is all his personal baggage which has come to light. Paying off mistresses. Stealing from the elderly at his fake university. Tax fraud. Insurance fraud. Election fraud.

Seriously. Why would anyone in their right mind want anything more to do with this total disaster?

You'd have to be one of the most submissive cucks in the history of mankind to idolize this loser.

Trump is a loser.

Trump's highest approval rating was 49 percent. That's the lowest high point since such measures have been taken.

You have to go all the way back to Hoover to find a president who lost the Senate, the House, and the Presidency.

Trump lost the popular vote. TWICE.

The list of incumbents who have lost re-election is very short, and Trump's on it.

He hired the biggest crowd of crooks since Harding. He overflowed the swamp with indictments, convictions, scandals, and embarrassments.

If it was up to this idiot, we'd all be injecting ourselves with bleach.

His approval rating for his presidency was an average of 41 percent.

And ever since he lost re-election, he's attempted a coup, whines and lies, and whines and lies, and whines and lies.

He convinced the rubes to give money for a non-existent election defense fund and then distributed the monies to his friends and himself.

Trump is the biggest sore loser baby. Ever.

And then there is all his personal baggage which has come to light. Paying off mistresses. Stealing from the elderly at his fake university. Tax fraud. Insurance fraud. Election fraud.

Seriously. Why would anyone in their right mind want anything more to do with this total disaster?

You'd have to be one of the most submissive cucks in the history of mankind to idolize this loser.

Thanks to incessant lies on the part of the DNCCP owned media.

Everyone always predicts that under such a system no bills would get passed. I don't think that would be the case. But it IS true that only those bills with broad support would make it to the President's desk. Which is, of course, the whole point.

It would only make things worse.

I'm a Republican and I want to increase military funding by 1 trillion over ten years. You're a Democrat that can stop my military spending. So in exchange for your support, I agree to fund your half-trillion in college loan forgiveness.

So if I want to get my military spending passed, it's going to cost 1.5 trillion to get the trillion that I wanted. That's why we are in such deep debt. Now, if I have a strong enough simple majority, I don't need to put us another half-trillion in debt for your pork. I can just unite my party and the 1 trillion in military spending will only cost the taxpayers 1 trillion dollars.

It would only make things worse.

I'm a Republican and I want to increase military funding by 1 trillion over ten years. You're a Democrat that can stop my military spending. So in exchange for your support, I agree to fund your half-trillion in college loan forgiveness.

So if I want to get my military spending passed, it's going to cost 1.5 trillion to get the trillion that I wanted. That's why we are in such deep debt. Now, if I have a strong enough simple majority, I don't need to put us another half-trillion in debt for your pork. I can just unite my party and the 1 trillion in military spending will only cost the taxpayers 1 trillion dollars.
???

The guy tried to overthrow our democracy in a failed coup. What possible reason could anyone have to be afraid of the megalomaniac?

Hmmmm...

You got the commie talking points down; tried to overthrow our democracy. :auiqs.jpg:

Well Mr Brainwashed I'll tell you what they have to fear, he gets back in and does just as great of a job as he did the last time.

why do both parties fear him?
The GOP realizes that Trump has no party loyalty and will hysterically savage any Republican who has a viable chance of being the party's 2024 presidential nominee. The Loser has a cult who, despite their Fox overlords being exposed as lying Trump toadies, will lash out at any aspirant.

Democrats recognize that they can easily beat the lying inciter of the attack upon outnumbered police defending Congress, but Republicans cannot afford to have the Loser crapping on them and his cult mindlessly following his narcissistic dictates.

Forum List

Back