What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If Only It Were Just "Taxes"

longknife

Diamond Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2012
Messages
42,221
Reaction score
13,056
Points
2,250
Location
Sin City
by Dad29 @ Dad29: If Only It Were Just "Taxes"

RenMan cites the really scary part (speaking of Leviathan)....

A Competitive Enterprise Institute working paper, “Tip of the Costberg: On the Invalidity of All Cost of Regulation Estimates and the Need to Compile Them Anyway,” assembles total federal regulatory costs of $1.8 trillion — equivalent to half the federal budget (tenthousandcommandments.com). Guarding against overregulation without representation could help bring that figure down. It is long past time we did so. --quoting WaTimes

That's just Federal costs. It's likely that State and Muni reg-costs are at least as much. Taxes are a mere pittance in comparison.

:mad:
 

Wiseacre

Retired USAF Chief
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
6,025
Reaction score
1,297
Points
48
Location
San Antonio, TX
If you allow the Bush tax cuts to expire, you get approx 80 billion in more revenue a year. But we're running deficits at over a trillion dollars, so we talking about 8% of the problem and totally ignoring the other 92%!!! Drives me nuts.
 

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$191.00
Goal
$350.00

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List

Top