If Only Americans Had Sensible Gun Laws Like Other Nations!

“Mexico’s gun laws are similar to those in countries like the United Kingdom that do not allow citizens’ possession of certain lethal firearms.”

Mexico murder rate in 20:
29 per 100,000

UK: 11.7 per 100,000

US:
7.9 per 100,000

It’s not a gun problem.
It’s time to address the REAL elephants in the room, which includes fractured families, drugs, death penalty, faith, paroling, violence in entertainment, and mental health issues.

Your "Statista.com" links require pay to see, or at least register with them. Here's a couple that are more accessible.

U.K. Murder/Homicide Rate 1990-2022 | MacroTrends

Murder Rate by Country 2022 - worldpopulationreview.com

I read a study years ago that societies without guns often DO have less homicides because the criminal gangs rule unopposed. Guns allow normal people to fight back, which causes criminals to become more violent - but the criminals pay a heavy toll and it keeps things like the Sinaloa Cartel from rising in America.

My point was though getting rid of guns doesn't solve any problems because the criminals still remains.

Switzerland has gun ownership that rivals America but they have very low violent crime rates out of Europe. They have slightly stricter gun regulation but that isn't the difference. The difference is the people, they are more productive, they don't have a diverse society so everyone feels comfortable around others similar to them, they leave each other alone, they have high education rates, they take pride in their country and so on.

My best friend's husband is from Switzerland and met his parents once and they hated it here with all the riff raff and loud Mexicans and blacks they felt uncomfortable. They talked about never locking their door in 50 years and only once did someone steal from them, it was a couple kids down the street that took some beer and a pack of cigarettes.

We should just have a 100% gun ban in all Democrat congressional districts and see how it works out.
What do you think would happen?
The gun lobby would file a suit in the Federal Court. The gun lobby puts profits before people, and don't pretend they put dollars in the pocket books of POLS in the Republican Caucus' in Congress.

The gun lobby would file a suit in the Federal Court. The gun lobby puts profits before people, and don't pretend they put dollars in the pocket books of POLS in the Republican Caucus' in Congress.

What "gun lobby?"

They rolled over and settled in a suit they couldn't lose.

Morons.

My point was though getting rid of guns doesn't solve any problems because the criminals still remains.

Switzerland has gun ownership that rivals America but they have very low violent crime rates out of Europe. They have slightly stricter gun regulation but that isn't the difference. The difference is the people, they are more productive, they don't have a diverse society so everyone feels comfortable around others similar to them, they leave each other alone, they have high education rates, they take pride in their country and so on.

My best friend's husband is from Switzerland and met his parents once and they hated it here with all the riff raff and loud Mexicans and blacks they felt uncomfortable. They talked about never locking their door in 50 years and only once did someone steal from them, it was a couple kids down the street that took some beer and a pack of cigarettes.
STATEMENT: "My point was though getting rid of guns doesn't solve any problems because the criminals still remains."

RESPONSE: How many criminals are criminals before they kill their first Human Being? How do you define a criminal?

Most Democrat Voters are lower class people who commit a lot of violent crimes.
The Corrupt Democrat Party wants to protect their Criminal Voters from people who are able to defend themselves.
Criminals, Terrorist, Gangs, Spree shooters, Fascists, Marxists, Dictators, Tyrants, and Democrats all agree that it is much easier to harm unarmed defenseless people.

Moron Nazi - the UK has a higher murder rate than the USA, how do you explain that?

And yes, it's per million.
The US murder rate was 7.8 per 100,000. In other words that = 78 per million in the US

The UK murder rate was 1.17 per 100,000. In other words that = 11.7 per million in the UK.

The US murder rate was 6.6666 times higher than the UK

Total Fabrication

UK murder rate is only 1.2 not 11.7. Someone shifted a decimal point on you.
Not sure you're right. In England and Wales, "The homicide rate was 9.9 per million population, with the rate for males (14 per million population) more than twice that for females (6 per million population)." That doesn't seem to include Scotland and Northern Ireland. So, his number seems closer to the truth than yours.

The US murder rate was 7.8 per 100,000. In other words that = 78 per million in the US

The UK murder rate was 1.17 per 100,000. In other words that = 11.7 per million in the UK.

The US murder rate was 6.6666 times higher than the UK
But what is the US murder rate without the Democrats?

Gun laws are pointless when the actual real problem is people. Take away every gun in America and you're still left with all the nut balls, thugs and criminals that actually cause the violent problems. Taking away the guns does nothing because the source of our problems still remains.
Also the democrat party is pushing these loons, to go farther with their illness.

Nope, you're lying.

What you WANT to do is cherry pick and pretend that England is the UK, but it isn't.

The UK murder rate is:

11.97 murders per million
Which is 1.19 per 100,000 - not 11.7

It does look like the OP simply missed a decimal place.

In places like the UK, Canada and Australia, it won't be too long before they are banning nails, knives and glass.
It's the culture...like progressives in America...these people LOVE to be governed. :bye1:
The U.K. already has stiff knife laws.

“Mexico’s gun laws are similar to those in countries like the United Kingdom that do not allow citizens’ possession of certain lethal firearms.”

Mexico murder rate in 20:
29 per 100,000

UK: 11.7 per 100,000

US:
7.9 per 100,000

It’s not a gun problem.
It’s time to address the REAL elephants in the room, which includes fractured families, drugs, death penalty, faith, paroling, violence in entertainment, and mental health issues.

Mexico ranks 2nd behind the US in gun violence, as the article I posted several days appoints out.

It allowed Obama to run automatic weapons and grenades to its drug cartels.

1654048539494.png

Remember her? Just set the record for bloodiest Memorial Day weekend despite having some of the strictest gun laws in the nation...The failure whose city has the equivalent of a mass shooting every week / weekend?

Damn those Republicans _ conservatives...

:p

Tell me why, again. Chuck Schumer just blocked legislation calling for schools to be made more secure to protect kids.....

Remind me why Drmocrats have blocked gun ban legislation or refused to allow it to come yo the floor for a vote, even when they knew they had the votes, for the last 20 years...

Remind me why Harry Reid voted against such legislation then refused to bring any up for a vote after Democrats made him their leader the year after he voted against it....

That's a lot of political theater and BS coming from the left over 20 years...

The U.K. already has stiff knife laws.

Yes, forks will be next. :rolleyes-41:

Spoons after that?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back