IF more guns = more gun crime...why are the 3 safest states Constitutional carry states?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Der.......um.....well.......the anti-gunners sorta, kinda say that more guns make people less safe......right? But then how is it that the 3 safest states in the United States....allow normal people to carry guns without permits.....?

Riddle me that, Batman...

GUN WATCH: Top Three Rated "Safe States" are Constitutional Carry States

US News and World Report rates the states for public safety. The rating takes both property crime and violent crime into account. The ratings use the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) data from 2017 for the article this year, as the latest data available.

The top three states for public safety this year are Maine, Vermont, and New Hampshire. All three are Constitutional Carry states, which means no permit is required to carry a loaded handgun in most public places, openly, or concealed.

That was the state of the law in the nation when the Constitution was ratified on 4 March, 1789. Constitutional carry existed in all states for the first four decades of the Republic. Then states and the courts started chipping away at the Second Amendment.

Opppps stop asking questions .. democrats will ban you lol

Der.......um.....well.......the anti-gunners sorta, kinda say that more guns make people less safe......right? But then how is it that the 3 safest states in the United States....allow normal people to carry guns without permits.....?

US News and World Report rates the states for public safety. The rating takes both property crime and violent crime into account. The ratings use the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) data from 2017 for the article this year, as the latest data available.

The top three states for public safety this year are Maine, Vermont, and New Hampshire. All three are Constitutional Carry states, which means no permit is required to carry a loaded handgun in most public places, openly, or concealed.

That was the state of the law in the nation when the Constitution was ratified on 4 March, 1789. Constitutional carry existed in all states for the first four decades of the Republic. Then states and the courts started chipping away at the Second Amendment.

Population...and rural vs urban settings.

Idaho is also Constitutional carry..and I support this. But your stats have nothing to do with guns..or how they are regulated. IMO.

I bet you think that if large urban areas had Constitutional Carry--violent crime would go down?

I doubt it....but carry on... my lil one trick pony!

iu

What states are non-constitutional carry states???

http://worldpopulationreview.com/states/constitutional-carry-states/

Constitutional Carry States 2019
In the United States, the phrase “constitutional carry” means that someone can carry a handgun without a license or permit. The term was derived from the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, which gives citizens the right to bear arms.

Few states have constitutional carry laws. As of 2018, the states that permit constitution carry are:

In these states, any person that is of legal age and is not otherwise prohibited from carrying a firearm can do so without a permit. In the states of Idaho, North Dakota, and Wyoming, permitless carry is only allowed for residents. All non-residents must have a permit to carry a concealed handgun. Concealed and open carry do not require a permit for any of the states mentioned above except North Dakota and some localities in the state of Missouri.

Some U.S. states have a limited form of concealed carry without a permit. These states are as follows:

Idaho is also Constitutional carry..and I support this. But your stats have nothing to do with guns..or how they are regulated. IMO.

I bet you think that if large urban areas had Constitutional Carry--violent crime would go down?

iu

Nice try.....but no....

The anti-gun argument has never been....More guns = more gun crime but only in large populations.

The anti-gun argument is More guns = More gun crime, regardless of any other factor including population size....so....even with small populations, according to you anti-gunners, their gun crime rates should be amazingly high....but nice try.

Dipstick.....normal people carrying guns for self defense do not increase the gun crime rate...because they do not use their guns for crime....are you really this dumb? So whether they have to get permits or not, they are not going to drive up the gun crime rate, you simpleton......

iu

Nice try.....but no....

The anti-gun argument has never been....More guns = more gun crime but only in large populations.

The anti-gun argument is More guns = More gun crime, regardless of any other factor including population size....so....even with small populations, according to you anti-gunners, their gun crime rates should be amazingly high....but nice try.

Dipstick.....normal people carrying guns for self defense do not increase the gun crime rate...because they do not use their guns for crime....are you really this dumb? So whether they have to get permits or not, they are not going to drive up the gun crime rate, you simpleton......
Actually...i don't conform to some pre-packaged narrative--such as you do.

Normal people carrying guns, eh? Of course, abnormal people would have the same protections, right? Not that it matters to me..as the cause of crime..and violent crime..has little to do with the availability of weapons anyway. Or the lack there-of. It is our culture.

Your position is a great big NRA boondoggle. As I said, I support Constitutional Carry--but I doubt that the crime stats would be affected one way or the other..with or without CC.

Rural vs Urban--now there is where the rubber meets the road as far as the prime causation for violent crime. Not armed vs not-armed.

BTW..you are still a bought and paid for idiot..proof of that is when you label me anti-gun--when, in fact, I'm pro-2nd...just totally anti-NRA...no one is coming for our guns. It is the biggest con job the Right has pulled on its adherents.

iu

Nice try.....but no....

Normal people carrying guns, eh? Of course, abnormal people would have the same protections, right? Not that it matters to me..as the cause of crime..and violent crime..has little to do with the availability of weapons anyway. Or the lack there-of. It is our culture.

Your position is a great big NRA boondoggle. As I said, I support Constitutional Carry--but I doubt that the crime stats would be affected one way or the other..with or without CC.

Rural vs Urban--now there is where the rubber meets the road as far as the prime causation for violent crime. Not armed vs not-armed.

Of course, abnormal people would have the same protections, right?

No, moron. Are you really this stupid? If you break the law with a gun, you get arrested...till then, you are a normal citizen with the Rights of a normal citizen...

No, moron, the cause of violent crime is fatherless homes.....prisons are filled with the destruction of the welfare state, allowing single teenage girls to have children from multiple males without a father in the home....

... how did gun-related crime drop 55% from 1993 to 2014, while the number of guns increase ~20%?
You do understand that as the population grows the crime rate counted in crimes per 100000 people might be lower while the actual number of crimes might increase increase don't you?

iu
Lol
Gun control has never been about firearms it’s always been about control

iu

Nice try.....but no....

Of course, abnormal people would have the same protections, right?

No, moron. Are you really this stupid? If you break the law with a gun, you get arrested...till then, you are a normal citizen with the Rights of a normal citizen...

No, moron, the cause of violent crime is fatherless homes.....prisons are filled with the destruction of the welfare state, allowing single teenage girls to have children from multiple males without a father in the home....
It is quite interesting..how you just flit from one talking point to the other.

I'm amused by your logic that says as long as you don't get caught..you're a "normal citizen"..ROTFLMAO!

You're last paragraph is pure garbage. You take one stat..well..putative stat..since you don't back it up...and tell me that it is the prime cause of violent crime? Stupid!!

I note with amusement that you really don't rebut anything I say..you just pick some small snippet and go on about that. Not a single word about Urban vs Rural..since you have no rebuttal.

You're not really very good at this, you know., Your lock-step friends will feed you lots of 'winners'--but anyone with a brain...just laughs and moves on.

You know you just made his point for him - right?

iu
Lol
Gun control has never been about firearms it’s always been about control
As is anything having to do with Govt.

You know you just made his point for him - right?
I agree with this..it's not 'his point' anyway..his point is that those states are crime low because of CC..my point is that CC is irrelevant to crime stats.

Forum List

Back